Who's your YouTube Go To Club Guy...

Our Sponsors

I watch 4 YouTube channels regularly:

1. That Pedal Show - about electric guitar pedals, amps, guitars, and the music they make 
  2. TXG - the best golf equipment content on YouTube
  3. Cracking the Cryptic - two British nerds doing amazingly difficult Sudoku variants
  4. Kyle Berkshire - long drive champion doing golf vlogs with commentary and trackman - just candy

The above are in order of importance and most watched for me. 

I stopped watching Rick Shiels long ago because there didn't seem to be anything useful as commentary on comparison to other clubs. I could never get into Crossfield because of his annoying voice and negativity vibe - it could only be me. 

TXG did some great videos with Gareth Raflewski that are worth watching and led me to his channel for a stretch. 

Be better golf is crazy because the guy goes to so many different coaches that it seems to overfill the mind with option paralysis. 

There are some single go-to videos I watch a few times a year:

1. Golf my way - Jack Nicklaus
  2. Seve - instructional video on YouTube
  3. Phil Michelson - short game

These videos are reminders for me when I get in a funk to snap out of it. 

• Like 2

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You ain't kidding, he has me rolling sometimes with his humor. Just started watching his Callaway Epic Speed video and he opens with this gem. 

Hands down my favorites are TXG and Alex Etches. TXG has the highest production value of the group, Matt destroys the ball and Ian is brilliant. Alex has good insights, but is absolutely hilarious. I'

I like TXG currently but used to really like the old Rick Shiels videos with Rob Potter the "mid-hanidcapper" gave a better idea of a player who was of a similar skill level. Sent from my SM-G950U u

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Kaplack said:

BBG Be Better Golf is my YouTube guy.

He is very relatable and has a lot of top teachers who really know their stuff.

I haven't heard of that one before.  I'll have to check out his channel.  

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

On 1/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, BNewton51 said:

Perhaps, I could be in the minority here but I watch a ton of golf related content on YouTube.  As such, when new clubs come out or there's some head to heads I love to tune in and here what people have to say.  Now, there are a ton of jokers on there but I'm curious which if any you like?

My personal favorite's are Rick Shiels and Mark Crossfield for club review content.  Shiels hands down to me is the best in the business.  I feel like he gives you more the brutally honest response than the sometimes "my sponsor" filled responses you hear out of Crossfield.  However, TXG has really grown on me and I tend to watch all of their content as well and enjoy the two of them.  

Just curious what everyone else likes. 

BTW, they all reviewed the new PING Driver and I've never heard almost a unanimous response of this is the most consistent and best driver I've ever hit.  DAMN them to hell!  Now I'm looking at testing that and possibly making a change. 

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and chat. 

Same.  I used to really like Crossfield but he has kind of turned into a Srixon guy.  I believe they sponsor him.  Shiels is my current favorite because he tells it how he sees it and is pretty entertaining.

For me, any club review video is really more entertainment than it is something that is actually going to sway me to or from a certain club.  They are all biased and they are all doing paid reviews, not to mention a club that someone else likes, you may absolutely hate.

• Like 2

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

On 1/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, tchat07 said:

I like TXG currently but used to really like the old Rick Shiels videos with Rob Potter the "mid-hanidcapper" gave a better idea of a player who was of a similar skill level.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

James Robinson does a lot with a mid-handicapper video wise.  I do enjoy those because you get both sides of the equation.  I also think he does a good job speaking to people who have low handicaps and those who have high-handicaps.  But the mid-handicapper video from fitting, to play to thinking through the rounds are very much like what Shiels used to do.  Enjoyed those too. 

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

2 minutes ago, BadgerGolfer said:

Same.  I used to really like Crossfield but he has kind of turned into a Srixon guy.  I believe they sponsor him.  Shiels is my current favorite because he tells it how he sees it and is pretty entertaining.

For me, any club review video is really more entertainment than it is something that is actually going to sway me to or from a certain club.  They are all biased and they are all doing paid reviews, not to mention a club that someone else likes, you may absolutely hate.

100% agree with this!  Though, I must say the new reviews on the PING 425 Driver... Pretty much hearing everyone say it's the best driver they ever hit is not something you EVER hear.  So that might cause me to try it out at least for a ride.  

But to your point I completely agree.  MC kind of turned me off when he had that moment on the outs with Rory during the one video.  Just because he didn't film it how Mark thought he should or whatever.  I mean, fine you have some words but to put that ON the actual video and publish it to your channel was in bad taste to say the least.  Really turned me off a little.  I still watch but I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt tbh.  His love for whatever brand that is sponsoring him is annoying.  I get it, at the end of the day it's about money but... If you're going to do reviews you GOT to be unbiased and be a straight shooter.  Which I think Shiels is more often than not. 

• Like 1

BNewt51

I would like to see videos of 64 year old men with physical issues who swing a 7 iron at 75 mph, are very inconsistent ball strikers, struggle to elevate the ball, and fight a hook.😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood and 7/8 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW (Mizuno HMB's when I'm feeling sporty)

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

I like Rick Shiels as well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I watch most of the ones mentioned and I watch Bryan Bros too, they don't do lessons or provide equipment data. It's just playing golf!

https://www.youtube.com/user/BryanBrosGolf

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade M5 Tour - 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max - 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Stiff
3 Wood: TaylorMade M3 - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid:  TaylorMade M6 - 19*,   Fujikura Atmos 5 Stiff
Irons: Titleist 4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts             
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball:  Titleist Pro V1 X

100% agree with this!  Though, I must say the new reviews on the PING 425 Driver... Pretty much hearing everyone say it's the best driver they ever hit is not something you EVER hear.  So that might cause me to try it out at least for a ride.  
But to your point I completely agree.  MC kind of turned me off when he had that moment on the outs with Rory during the one video.  Just because he didn't film it how Mark thought he should or whatever.  I mean, fine you have some words but to put that ON the actual video and publish it to your channel was in bad taste to say the least.  Really turned me off a little.  I still watch but I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt tbh.  His love for whatever brand that is sponsoring him is annoying.  I get it, at the end of the day it's about money but... If you're going to do reviews you GOT to be unbiased and be a straight shooter.  Which I think Shiels is more often than not. 
Yeah, I mean you could say that Crosfield went from being a Mizuno fanboy to a Srixon fanboy but at least when he was Mizuno, it was because it seemed like he genuinely loved the brand, whereas now it seems like Srixon sponsors the videos and he's pushing the product because he's paid to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

3 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I would like to see videos of 64 year old men with physical issues who swing a 7 iron at 75 mph, are very inconsistent ball strikers, struggle to elevate the ball, and fight a hook.😏

Golf Mates is your YouTube channel then. Any video with 'OMP' is right up your alley.

https://youtu.be/ruqM2W3HLsE

• Like 2

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

TXG. I was initially a big fan of Peter finch and Rick shiels but more recently I’ve become annoyed with Rick. I like more of the objective info TXG provides 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS3 8.5 D Hazardous Smoke Black

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

TXG. I was initially a big fan of Peter finch and Rick shiels but more recently I’ve become annoyed with Rick. I like more of the objective info TXG provides 

I also enjoy watching the no laying up content. Pretty good travel content, decent golf content and it can be quite funny

• Like 1

For reviews, I like Rich Shiels and TXG.

Peter Finch is always good to watch. I like Matt Fryer for lessons. (Yes British heritage)

I like watching Chris Dennis and James Robinson. Chris is excellent with technical short game stuff, course management and riles James up pretty good.

For fun stuff, I enjoy watching Good Good, some of those boys can play.

I also like Golfholics. I like their course Vlogs because of the competitions they have. Guys vs girls. That kinda thing. They include everyone.

• Like 2

Driver - :taylormade-small: SLDR S w/ Fujikara Stiff 60g - Currently set at 9*

3-Wood - Mizuno T_Zoid

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2

DI -  LYNX   Parallax 2i 

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW

Wedges - :callaway-small: Vintage X-tour - 52*-56*-60*

Putter - :ping-small: Karsten Anser2 TR

JerBooth

Swing easy.

26 minutes ago, JerBooth said:

For reviews, I like Rich Shiels and TXG.

Peter Finch is always good to watch. I like Matt Fryer for lessons. (Yes British heritage)

I like watching Chris Dennis and James Robinson. Chris is excellent with technical short game stuff, course management and riles James up pretty good.

For fun stuff, I enjoy watching Good Good, some of those boys can play.

I also like Golfholics. I like their course Vlogs because of the competitions they have. Guys vs girls. That kinda thing. They include everyone.

The very underrated Golfholics called out!  All but completely forgot to mentioned them previously.  I enjoy them as well. 

Also, Alex Evans and Golficity are both decent to watch as well.  Though Evans doesn't do club reviews.  He's more a good watch for routines, practice thoughts and his constant banter with Paul Wharing as well. 

• Like 1

BNewt51

It’s TXG, crossfield and then everybody else  

TXG and Crossfield are golf experts that use YouTube as a platform to share their knowledge

Most others are “youtubers” that talk have golf as their main content 

Finch and Shields have turned into click bait monsters

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:titelist-small: ProV1 ???
10 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

The very underrated Golfholics called out!  All but completely forgot to mentioned them previously.  I enjoy them as well. 

Also, Alex Evans and Golficity are both decent to watch as well.  Though Evans doesn't do club reviews.  He's more a good watch for routines, practice thoughts and his constant banter with Paul Wharing as well. 

I totally forgot about Golfcity.

I also don't mind Paige Spirinac. She does a really good job of course stuff and lessons.

• Like 2

Driver - :taylormade-small: SLDR S w/ Fujikara Stiff 60g - Currently set at 9*

3-Wood - Mizuno T_Zoid

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2

DI -  LYNX   Parallax 2i 

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW

Wedges - :callaway-small: Vintage X-tour - 52*-56*-60*

Putter - :ping-small: Karsten Anser2 TR

JerBooth

Swing easy.

I like rick shiels and TXG for clubs reviews. But I also like peter finch, bryan bros, andrew jensen, and the gm golf squad.

completely unrelated but im happy that tm brough out the sim2 hybrid also with the sim2 max hybrid.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

Golficity has picked up the content recently. Really enjoy the Titleist content they have posted with reviews for the new drivers and woods

• Like 2

Yeah, I mean you could say that Crosfield went from being a Mizuno fanboy to a Srixon fanboy but at least when he was Mizuno, it was because it seemed like he genuinely loved the brand, whereas now it seems like Srixon sponsors the videos and he's pushing the product because he's paid to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don't forget his quick stint with Titleist. IMO, he probably needed Titleist more than they needed him whereas his current sponsor might need a little more help in the recognition dept.

These days it's difficult to tell if he's more interested in getting paid by youtube.. or his sponsor (Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics). Back when he was pre-sponsor, it seemed like his content had more variety and depth. It wasn't always a challenge to prove how less expensive cleveland clubs are as good as anything else. Or how lesser-known Srixon or Xxio clubs are as good as anything else. This is coming from a guy (me) who plays Maltby Irons and a Cleveland HB putter so I'm obviously a fan of lesser-known underdogs dukeing it out with the biggies. I just can't buy that there's not an agenda of some sort.

Hell, rename the show "How Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics are as good or better than the others" and I'd probably watch it because at that point the message is more clear.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Don't forget his quick stint with Titleist. IMO, he probably needed Titleist more than they needed him whereas his current sponsor might need a little more help in the recognition dept.

These days it's difficult to tell if he's more interested in getting paid by youtube.. or his sponsor (Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics). Back when he was pre-sponsor, it seemed like his content had more variety and depth. It wasn't always a challenge to prove how less expensive cleveland clubs are as good as anything else. Or how lesser-known Srixon or Xxio clubs are as good as anything else. This is coming from a guy (me) who plays Maltby Irons and a Cleveland HB putter so I'm obviously a fan of lesser-known underdogs dukeing it out with the biggies. I just can't buy that there's not an agenda of some sort.

Hell, rename the show "How Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics are as good or better than the others" and I'd probably watch it because at that point the message is more clear.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Love the Maltby shout out!