TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra King Tour MIM Irons

chisag

Another great reviews with great info!

Cobra is definitely an under-appreciated brand for irons ... several years back I'd walked into a PGATSS to demo a few different GI irons and remember asking about one of the Cobra models .. the store rep basically just said, "nah". After that day I later ended up with a set of King OS irons - which I really liked and still wish I had hung on to....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Another great reviews with great info!

Cobra is definitely an under-appreciated brand for irons ... several years back I'd walked into a PGATSS to demo a few different GI irons and remember asking about one of the Cobra models .. the store rep basically just said, "nah". After that day I later ended up with a set of King OS irons - which I really liked and still wish I had hung on to....

... Thanks. When the Amp Forged irons were first released many thought the bright orange badging was just too loud for a players iron, myself included. Then I hit them on Demo Day and decided performance trumps cavity aesthetics that you can't see and they looked awesome at address. I replaced my original AP2's and never looked back. A little too loud and clashed with my bag colors but as always, after a few months I didn't even notice. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Thanks for a great review, though I already looked them so this is not helping my temptation to buy them. I enjoy my i500s but have been thinking of moving into a bit more players offering but still some forgiveness which these sound to hit that sweet spot. Glad you enjoy them.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Great stuff. How do they compare to your t100s?

... Give me 10 golfers in the players iron market and I have a feeling 5 would choose the T100s and 5 would chose the MIM's. The T100s have a smaller looking head profile, a thinner top line and get through the turf better than any irons I have played. The MIM's have a slightly larger head profile, get through the ground very nicely, have not quite as thin a top line but are a littler more forgiving and a hair longer, although the 950GH might be responsible for the distance as I not comparing apples to apples with the shafts. And the MIM's feels awesome once you get used to them. I really love them both. 

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Thanks. When the Amp Forged irons were first released many thought the bright orange badging was just too loud for a players iron, myself included. Then I hit them on Demo Day and decided performance trumps cavity aesthetics that you can't see and they looked awesome at address. I replaced my original AP2's and never looked back. A little too loud and clashed with my bag colors but as always, after a few months I didn't even notice. 

How do the King Tour compare to the Amp Forged size wise?

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

This is a great, thorough review. Great job@chisag!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

55 minutes ago, casey_0507 said:

How do the King Tour compare to the Amp Forged size wise?

... I don't have a set to compare, but my educated guess is virtually identical. 

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... I don't have a set to compare, but my educated guess is virtually identical. 

That is my hope. Really is the perfect shape /size

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Great review @chisag! I had been curious to see if these overtook the T100s for you. I definitely plan to give them another look as I continue my 2021 quest to find my perfect next set of irons.

If you could combine the look & performance of the MIMs with the feel of Forged Tour, would you? Or has the MIM grown on you enough that you prefer its feel over the Forged Tour?

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

Great review @chisag! I had been curious to see if these overtook the T100s for you. I definitely plan to give them another look as I continue my 2021 quest to find my perfect next set of irons.

If you could combine the look & performance of the MIMs with the feel of Forged Tour, would you? Or has the MIM grown on you enough that you prefer its feel over the Forged Tour?

... For me it is kinda like having 2 deserts at a fine restaurant. I taste the Cheesecake with Blackberries and think it is just insanely good. Then I taste my wife's Flourless Chocolate Cake with whip cream made from scratch and think it is also insanely good. They are both lightly sweet deserts that are the same but different. That is how I feel about the forged vs MIM comparison. There is a synergy of course when a combination of looks, performance and forgiveness enhance the sound/feel and the MIM's do just that. As I said in the review I was not a big fan my first round but as I got used to the different feel and enjoyed the performance I grew to love MIM. When you hit the MIM dead center they have a very dense almost persimmon like feel where forged have that melt into the metal face feel. So all things considered and forced to compare, I do prefer the feel of MIM over Forged but by the very slimmest of subjective margins. 

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... For me it is kinda like having 2 deserts at a fine restaurant. I taste the Cheesecake with Blackberries and think it is just insanely good. Then I taste my wife's Flourless Chocolate Cake with whip cream made from scratch and think it is also insanely good. They are both lightly sweet deserts that are the same but different. That is how I feel about the forged vs MIM comparison. There is a synergy of course when a combination of looks, performance and forgiveness enhance the sound/feel and the MIM's do just that. As I said in the review I was not a big fan my first round but as I got used to the different feel and enjoyed the performance I grew to love MIM. When you hit the MIM dead center they have a very dense almost persimmon like feel where forged have that melt into the metal face feel. So all things considered and forced to compare, I do prefer the feel of MIM over Forged but by the very slimmest of subjective margins. 

I want cake now 

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @chisag, were you able to customize the set outside of shafts?  I've looked longingly at these irons both on Cobra's website and Global Golf and both would leave me with a club in my bag that I don't want.  I would be either stuck with a 4 iron I can't hit or a gap wedge that I don't want.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

6 hours ago, AmishJason said:

Hey @chisag, were you able to customize the set outside of shafts?  I've looked longingly at these irons both on Cobra's website and Global Golf and both would leave me with a club in my bag that I don't want.  I would be either stuck with a 4 iron I can't hit or a gap wedge that I don't want.  

... I think quite a few options were available but I wanted to review a set as close to stock as possible. But you can order them anyway you like. One iron at a time, although several irons are on back order at the moment, a good sign of their success. You can always check out custom options by going to TGW and clicking the Enter Custom Specs. TGW is very good at showing what options the OEMs offer. 

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... I think quite a few options were available but I wanted to review a set as close to stock as possible. But you can order them anyway you like. One iron at a time, although several irons are on back order at the moment, a good sign of their success. You can always check out custom options by going to TGW and clicking the Enter Custom Specs. TGW is very good at showing what options the OEMs offer. 

Thank you.  And thank you for another good review.  As much as I like data based reviews that contain near overloads of numbers, a well written review from someone just having the clubs in their hands and talking about the intangibles is very refreshing.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 2 months later...

... After playing them almost 4 months now, I wanted to do a quick follow up on my King Tour Irons. These irons just kept getting better and better. I think we all know Players Irons are almost just a matter of preference as they are all very, very good. As much as I enjoyed the smaller headed T100-S, and I enjoyed them very much, the MIM Tours are just the perfect size for me eye. Thin top line, very little offset and a mid size head that gives me the best combination of forgiveness and playability. I posted elsewhere I shot a 67, one year under my age and the MIM's were responsible for 5 birdies tracking accessible flags all day, and to be honest 2 of them I should not have aimed for but I was feeling like I could not miss and went right at them. 

... Having played many more rounds now, the feel is just so addicting. Dense like an old school muscle back blade with a ton of weight behind the hitting area. Misses just away from the center do not feel quite so perfect and a miss 1/2 from the center on the toe really feels like you had bad contact, but the shot suffers very little. The forgiveness is fine of the things I love most about these irons and the feedback of missing them a little is a quality I very much enjoy. Irons like the P760's and P790's feel almost the same when you miss them 1/2 to the toe. I am reminded of Ben Hogan that said he hits 1 maybe 2 shots a round exactly like he wanted so getting that nirvana feeling of a perfectly struck shot should be something that only happens several times a round. I have heard some say these irons are not as soft as advertised and I believe that is because they are not hitting them dec center, because that feel is as soft and dense as it gets, but again missing them a little has a different feel. You have to get further than 1/2 away from the center for them to actually feel harsh, but the feel is not quite as soft as when missed a little. 

... The MIM Tours are a little longer than most Players Irons for me. Not P790 long but a few yards longer than most I have played. I have had some low rounds with the T100-S and on those days they were just as accurate as the MIM's but on the days when my swing is not spot on, the Cobra's are more forgiving of both distance and direction. There is a reason the T100/T100-S are played by so many on all Pro Golf Tours as I think they are really a forgiving MB style of club but for those of us not at elite ball striking level, the added forgiveness of the Cobra's can be a game changer. I would also add I think the Nippon 950GH in my MIM's is a better fit for me than the Steelfiber 95's in my T100-S so not an apples to apples comparison. I don't want to leave the impression that the MIM Tours are superior irons to say Srixon ZX7's, Taylor Made P7MC's, Titleist T00's or even Wilson Staff CB's because give me 20 low index players and every one of those irons will be chosen as best. But for me, the MIM Tour irons are the best combination of everything I want and need in an iron and if you are in the market, these Players Irons are an absolute must demo. 

... For fun, I removed the paint fill from my 4 iron and when asking for opinions the response has been about 25% like the look while 75% prefer the original paint fill. 

605595542_CobraKingPaintfill.jpg.e40a62ec8272aa27654960b10dd1f1ef.jpg

Every time I read one of your reviews, it makes me want to buy them as well lol 

The Fly Z+ were legit, too bad I found them when they were already phased out and not many options to choose.

Now about the looks, would you prefer a matte finish and no badge?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

19 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Every time I read one of your reviews, it makes me want to buy them as well lol 

The Fly Z+ were legit, too bad I found them when they were already phased out and not many options to choose.

Now about the looks, would you prefer a matte finish and no badge?

... Being old school I actually prefer the shiny chrome. And the badge serves a purpose so I rally don't care how it looks. Like many others I love a very clean look on an iron but I would compare it to my underwear. As much as I love a certain look and style I don't see them so comfort is my main concern and I would wear purple Barney panties if they were the most comfortable. 🤪  If my irons look great at address and perform for me, that is my only concern. A clean cavity is just icing on the cake but so very rare in 2021. 

• 3 weeks later...

I hit the MIM 7 iron again after seeing consistent positive feedback, and my opinion is changing to be more in line with @chisag. I think the issue with my initial demo may have been the Modus 120x which I have now tried a few times and just don't get along with. With the stock $ taper I was finding the true sweet spot more consistently and the feel was much more in line with what I am looking for. I also love the sole/turf interaction which is consistent with all the prior Cobra irons that seem to just get along with my swing. I would love to add the 4-6 to get more forgiveness than my CBs. The problem is I am in love with the CBs from 7-GW and they are black. How do I get my brain to be okay with a chrome (or copper) and black split set?! 🤪 Maybe I just need to pony up and buy the full MIM set as they are plenty small enough to look down at, and then just keep the CBs around for the occasional round to shake things up...

I am still planning on waiting until later this year to compare against the updated T100 & i59 (as well as zx7) before pulling the trigger on anything but I would say the MIMs are the leader in the clubhouse.

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

These are at the top of my List for my next set of irons... love my cmbs (and they are new to me as of last year) but I’m already eyeing replacements as the faces show wear. 

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

• 1 month later...

@chisag how are you getting along with these a few months in? Have the recent press releases coming from Titleist given you a wandering eye or are you sticking with the MIMs? If you could make any changes with the Cobra design team for their "King Tour 2.0", is there anything that comes to mind (outside of maybe a cleaner cavity which as you noted is purely aesthetic and not fully necessary)?

4 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

@chisag how are you getting along with these a few months in? Have the recent press releases coming from Titleist given you a wandering eye or are you sticking with the MIMs? If you could make any changes with the Cobra design team for their "King Tour 2.0", is there anything that comes to mind (outside of maybe a cleaner cavity which as you noted is purely aesthetic and not fully necessary)?

... After reviewing and changing irons every year (sometimes more than once a year) I have always wanted to stick to one set of irons for 2-3 years or more. I am hoping the King Tours will be those irons. Seems adding the Steelfiber 95s really have mine dialed in. In answer to your question there is nothing I would change, other than the cavity cosmetics as you stated. They are just about a perfect combination of size, look at address, feel and forgiveness. I love a mid sized head because on my really good days they aren't big enough to be a distraction and on my off days they are just big enough to give me confidence. 

Love it - just what I was hoping (and expecting) to hear. I am planning to buy a set and keep for 3 years (and love to overanalyze all my big ticket purchases anyway), so will wait to hit all the new releases in the next couple of months, but leaning strongly towards these. They really do seem like a goldilocks product with no need to create a combo set.

11 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Love it - just what I was hoping (and expecting) to hear. I am planning to buy a set and keep for 3 years (and love to overanalyze all my big ticket purchases anyway), so will wait to hit all the new releases in the next couple of months, but leaning strongly towards these. They really do seem like a goldilocks product with no need to create a combo set.

... Funny you should mention a combo set. I played several round with my Srixon Z Forged pw-8 and my King Tour 7-4 irons. I saw no difference in performance and went back to a full King set. 

Great review, the Cobra forgings are definitely intriguing - before your write-up and now even more after it.  I am curious to know more about the feel you discussed.  Especially since you specifically compared the feel to the MP33's.  Have you compared that feel to any of Mizuno's current offerings (such as the MP20, or the HMB which I am currently swinging).  That buttery feel is what I think my HMB's are lacking compared to my MP33's or even my previous to HMB gamers the MP68's.  I do love the Mizuno forging feel...my sense from your review is they aren't quite as soft feeling, but still give a pure feel.  But interested to hear your thoughts having played the MIM's for some amount of time now.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, Tiftaaft said:

Great review, the Cobra forgings are definitely intriguing - before your write-up and now even more after it.  I am curious to know more about the feel you discussed.  Especially since you specifically compared the feel to the MP33's.  Have you compared that feel to any of Mizuno's current offerings (such as the MP20, or the HMB which I am currently swinging).  That buttery feel is what I think my HMB's are lacking compared to my MP33's or even my previous to HMB gamers the MP68's.  I do love the Mizuno forging feel...my sense from your review is they aren't quite as soft feeling, but still give a pure feel.  But interested to hear your thoughts having played the MIM's for some amount of time now.

... Since "feel" is subjective I think it is difficult to make any kind of definitive statement concerning the MIM irons and comparisons to current Mizuno offerings. While there is little doubt the Cobra's are soft feeling, any claims they are softer than say MP20/JPX 921 Tour irons will be personal opinions. I was informed by Tom Olsavsky that technical softness measurements concluded MIM were the softest irons measured so there is that. I will add this, if you are comparing MIM irons to MP33's I believe you would have to demo them side by side using tour urethane balls to determine which you feel is softer. Hitting them on separate days should produce a "They both feel really soft, really dense" kinda response. I also think personal preference with brand loyalty can contribute to conclusions. Since they are very similar if you are a big Mizuno fan there is a good chance you might find the Mizuno's just a hair softer, and the same would be true for Cobra fans. Agnostic brand players would probably find the MIM irons softer but still a close call. As stated elsewhere in this thread missing the center, especially toe strikes tend to feel harsher with the MIM irons but slight mishits feel really good and center contact is pure nirvana. 

... Then of course we are also comparing the MP33, a solid carbon steel iron head to a multi material iron head so all of the Mizuno irons excluding the MP20/JPX Tours would be more comparable. 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Since "feel" is subjective I think it is difficult to make any kind of definitive statement concerning the MIM irons and comparisons to current Mizuno offerings. While there is little doubt the Cobra's are soft feeling, any claims they are softer than say MP20/JPX 921 Tour irons will be personal opinions. I was informed by Tom Olsavsky that technical softness measurements concluded MIM were the softest irons measured o there is that. I will add this, if you are comparing MIM irons to MP33's I believe you would have to demo them side by side using tour urethane balls to determine which you feel is softer. Hitting them on separate days should produce a "They both feel really soft, really dense" kinda response. I also think personal preference with brand loyalty can contribute to conclusions. Since they are very similar if you are a big Mizuno fan there is a good chance you might find the Mizuno's just a hair softer, and the same would be true for Cobra fans. Agnostic brand players would probably find the MIM irons softer but still a close call. As stated elsewhere in this thread missing the center, especially toe strikes tend to feel harsher with the MIM irons but slight mishits feel really good and center contact is pure nirvana. 

... Then of course we are also comparing the MP33, a solid carbon steel iron head to a multi material iron head so all of the Mizuno irons excluding the MP20/JPX Tours would be more comparable. 

Fair comments all.. I should have prefaced my question with "in your subjective opinion"... understanding and agreeing to everything you said.... in the context of your personal experience.  Also love the comment about "Mizuno guys" will prefer the Mizuno's and "Cobra guys" would prefer the Cobra... that is so true!  I guess the best takeaway is you feel these are a quality soft feeling iron and you have great experience with a variety of top end players irons.  That is the part I appreciate more than anything.  Cobra Tour MIM's hold their own.  Good stuff.  Thanks Chisag! ~Tim.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Fair comments all.. I should have prefaced my question with "in your subjective opinion"... understanding and agreeing to everything you said.... in the context of your personal experience.  Also love the comment about "Mizuno guys" will prefer the Mizuno's and "Cobra guys" would prefer the Cobra... that is so true!  I guess the best takeaway is you feel these are a quality soft feeling iron and you have great experience with a variety of top end players irons.  That is the part I appreciate more than anything.  Cobra Tour MIM's hold their own.  Good stuff.  Thanks Chisag! ~Tim.

I hit the JPX919 Tour and JPX919 Forged side by side with Cobra MIM using the same shaft (Nippon Modus 120) off real grass outside and, like @chisagsaid it's subjective, the Cobra MIMs felt heavy/solid in a way that the JPX919Tour did not. I am not as consistent a ballstriker as chisag but I hit it out of the middle a good bit of the time and the feeling with the Cobras was just a solid thud that felt like it had more mass right behind the ball. The JPX919 tour felt really good on a few shots but not nearly as consistently good as the MIMs and I was literally hitting like 3 balls and switching between the irons and did this for 5 or 6 cycles. The JPX919 Forged was fine but nothing to write home about in the "feel" arena. I, admittedly, have only hit forged clubs a handful of times and the Cobras really shocked me. Like where has this feeling been all my life. It is the standard I am testing a bunch of other clubs against and it is shooting them down like the Red Baron. Plus, it feels forgiving in a way the JPX919 Tour did not. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

23 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I hit the JPX919 Tour and JPX919 Forged side by side with Cobra MIM

Thanks Vandy, I appreciate the comments on your experience.  Sounds like Cobra may have a bit of sleeper with these MIM's.  I will be giving them a fair shot the next time I have a chance to swing them. Tim.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1