Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Matching Shaft lineup

What are everyone's thoughts on having matching shafts throughout bag.  With Nippon releasing their driver shaft soon, they are promote "A complete, matching lineup" when you pair the new shaft with their Modus 105/115/125 and Modus Hybrid.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

A properly setup bag should play very similar from club to club.
But wih that said when I do fittings there is a notable amount of golfers who will play a full flex stronger in their woods and get away from the characteristics of what works for their irons.
What you are saying makes all the sense in the world but doesn't always play out.
Nippon I believe is the first company to open promote a connection from iron shafts to woods.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

Nippon I believe is the first company to open promote a connection from iron shafts to woods.

I would add KBS to that list.  They have indicated the TD wood shafts,  Hybrid Prototype, and Tour Iron shafts are connected and designed for the player that like the Tour iron shafts. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would add KBS to that list.  They have indicated the TD wood shafts,  Hybrid Prototype, and Tour Iron shafts are connected and designed for the player that like the Tour iron shafts. 

This is interesting I use the KBS TD shaft for my driver and I love it would def try out for the rest of my bag 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I've played KBS since their first offering! I absolutely love the feel and characteristics of that KBS C-Taper shaft!  I got talked into putting the Nippon 105's in my my current gamers and I must admit I am struggling missing that feel.  I'd consider going back to the KBS' if it weren't so cost exorbitant... Makes more sense to just go a different set for a couple hundred more! 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

5 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

A properly setup bag should play very similar from club to club.
But wih that said when I do fittings there is a notable amount of golfers who will play a full flex stronger in their woods and get away from the characteristics of what works for their irons.
What you are saying makes all the sense in the world but doesn't always play out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I recently made the switch to Nippon last year in my irons.  105's.  I wanted to love them because the fitter said that it just edged out my KBS shafts in my older club head and I should go with them.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I love them.  They're definitely NOT bad.  Make no mistake.  They offer good consistent flights and distance is the same as the KBS shafts I was playing.  But for me, I'm not sure I feel a good load with them in my swing.  Which obviously is different for everyone.  BUT conceptually, I think anyone who finds a shaft they love and they offer a full offering for every club in the bag it only makes sense to consider going that route.  I think that definitely would make a lot of sense to me. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

I feel that this concept is attempting to oversimplify things. It would be easy to have a brand or lineup consistently throughout the bag and may work for some people. But for most swing differences exist between wedge, iron, and woods. Plus when you are fit with irons you generally only swing the 6 or 7 iron. Applying that to every club going forward doesn’t seem practical. We have good days and bad days. Swings or circumstances aren’t always repeatable. Their is always the probability the fitting gave you the right results but just plainly doesn’t work. I’ll stick to multiple fittings for my clubs vs one company providing every shaft profile

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review