TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shaft Comparison: PING AWT 2.0 X vs comparable graphite?

cmarq

I was recently fitted for PING g710s with the stock X shaft, but I much prefer the look and feel of graphite. Does anyone know of a particular graphite shaft that most closely compares to similar performance as this shaft? Any input is appreciated!

ps. I asked my fitter and he was pretty firm on the idea of the steel shaft, but I don't want to pay for another session to try it, especially if he is predisposed to the steel. I trust him for the most part but I'm willing to go on my own a little bit. As an average ball striker, I feel like I could adjust my game if needed as I continue to improve (or order from a place with guarantees, in case its a disaster 😅)

It all depends what you're trying to match. If  you like the idea of ascending weight from long iron to short irons as the Ping AWT offer, then your choices on a graphite equivalent at the same weight and profile are rather limited. If you can find them (?) the Mitsubishi Tensei AV White AM2 would be close, but the cost would be off putting - and perhaps challenge the idea of the cost of getting fitted to what you want again. 

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/av-white-am2-irons