Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Return of the Woode!

GolfSpy BOS

On 2/19/2021 at 4:07 PM, B.Boston said:

I’ll be interested to hear how you like it on a cart. I’ve always still just left my clubs in the “carry” configuration with the Woode top since they’re on the side and out of the way. 

Played a round yesterday but only 9 holes. I did have a chance to zip through quite a bit of different terrain... well mostly just hills and bumps and various turns. The jury's still out on the bag as a whole but I didn't have any clubs jumping out of order. In fact, they all seemed to hold a straight line up the left side of the bag. I forgot to take a pic but I'll reenact what I'm referring to and snap a pic in my garage. It is really nice having all of the long clubs lined up on the right. I'm not disliking everything so far but I'm not sure how much I'm loving it either. I'm playing 18 this weekend on a full-size track so that will be the true test. 

Pics to come

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

It is intriguing to say the least, just not priced right.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, Herts JoaTMoN said:

I have an older Woode bag. The quick summary on the system...

Amazing for carrying and push carts, terrible for "riding dirty" as they bounce around all over the place and clatter each other.

I never had any issues riding on a cart with my old one... at least no more than an other bag.  I find my irons would bang around in a cart in anything from a 4-way to a 14-way bag.  I didn't try a silencer bag or anything that locked them in place.  Have you found something that works really good for carts as well as push/carry?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I never had any issues riding on a cart with my old one... at least no more than an other bag.  I find my irons would bang around in a cart in anything from a 4-way to a 14-way bag.  I didn't try a silencer bag or anything that locked them in place.  Have you found something that works really good for carts as well as push/carry?

No, in the UK carts are pretty much the exception rather than the rule. 95% of the time i will be pushing or carrying. If I know its going to be a cart day ill use a 14 way instead so there is less movement. The heads will still clatter, but the entire clubs wont be jumping about in the big openings. If you could load the bags at an angle that would be ideal.

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I have an older Woode bag. The quick summary on the system...

Amazing for carrying and push carts, terrible for "riding dirty" as they bounce around all over the place and clatter each other.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Did they market the prior as a  "Hybrid" too? I've always known hybrid bags to be designed for both cart and carry functions. Maybe they've made some tweaks that seem to pair a little better with a cart this go around? 

Again, I've only had about a half a round but the clubs all seemed to stay in place and in order pretty nicely. I do know that my arrangement is probably different from what OGIO intended. All of the marketing pics I've seen show the shorter irons placed toward the back or the side the stand is on. I think maybe in general this is a setup that many might use. I like to have the clubs that I use more frequently toward the front of the bag so not sure if this aids or hinders in the way they naturally sit in the bag. I do want to try and arrange the clubs sitting in the slots with the shafts at an angle in the bag and see if they still naturally all fall to the outside again or stay put. 

Below is pretty much how the clubs fall naturally in the bag and stayed through the round and when the bag is on its side in the car, etc. The only thing I'm not too sure about being a + or - is having to be more aware of how I'm putting the clubs back in the bag as to make sure I don't put them back out of place in the lineup. 

image.png.3b5dde9d2ab772d9efc7393562314076.png

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm so very sad to report that the Woode has gone back to the store 😢

When I bought the bag, I had intended to use it for about 75% "riding dirty" and 25% carrying. Living in AZ, I do play a fair amount of summer golf in 90 - 110* weather that just isn't conducive to walking without passing out dead. I was hopeful that the "Hybrid" title meant that equal thought was put into the riding as it was the walking. The first 9 hole round was played on my little exec with very little undulation so the arrangement of the clubs through the round didn't seem like much of an issue. 

This past Saturday however, I put the bag through its real test at Gold Canyon on the Dinosaur Mountain course. This is a very classic AZ hills type course. Lots of elevated tees and greens, forced carry, uneven lies, etc. What I found was that with nearly every hole, the clubs seemed to be bouncing around each other and were just jumping out of order. This immediately punched my OCD square in the jaw. 

I will say this that aside from the cart riding disfunction of the top, the rest of the bag is a total winner IMO. I was actually getting on with the quick-access snap pockets pretty well. The rest of the pockets, material, build quality and thought put into the placement of the pockets, zipper pulls, etc all checked the boxes for me. I really like the square-ish shape of the top which did seem to sit and stay locked into the cart pretty nicely without shifting or rotating as bags can do throughout the round. Colorways, and aesthetics are awesome! The function and build quality of the legs and opening mechanism was top-notch too.

I will say that if OGIO decides to make a 14 slot bag inspired by this bag, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! OGIO if you're listening (probably not), please make this bag with the same plastic/rubber top, the wood slots down the right side, and individual full-length slots for each club. You would have a homerun bag for us dirty riders! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

37 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

So I'm so very sad to report that the Woode has gone back to the store 😢

When I bought the bag, I had intended to use it for about 75% "riding dirty" and 25% carrying. Living in AZ, I do play a fair amount of summer golf in 90 - 110* weather that just isn't conducive to walking without passing out dead. I was hopeful that the "Hybrid" title meant that equal thought was put into the riding as it was the walking. The first 9 hole round was played on my little exec with very little undulation so the arrangement of the clubs through the round didn't seem like much of an issue. 

This past Saturday however, I put the bag through its real test at Gold Canyon on the Dinosaur Mountain course. This is a very classic AZ hills type course. Lots of elevated tees and greens, forced carry, uneven lies, etc. What I found was that with nearly every hole, the clubs seemed to be bouncing around each other and were just jumping out of order. This immediately punched my OCD square in the jaw. 

I will say this that aside from the cart riding disfunction of the top, the rest of the bag is a total winner IMO. I was actually getting on with the quick-access snap pockets pretty well. The rest of the pockets, material, build quality and thought put into the placement of the pockets, zipper pulls, etc all checked the boxes for me. I really like the square-ish shape of the top which did seem to sit and stay locked into the cart pretty nicely without shifting or rotating as bags can do throughout the round. Colorways, and aesthetics are awesome! The function and build quality of the legs and opening mechanism was top-notch too.

I will say that if OGIO decides to make a 14 slot bag inspired by this bag, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! OGIO if you're listening (probably not), please make this bag with the same plastic/rubber top, the wood slots down the right side, and individual full-length slots for each club. You would have a homerun bag for us dirty riders! 

Can't blame you for trying.  I'm still on the fence because of the snap pocket for the valuables... still just goes against my logic as much as the top seems perfect for a push cart.  I also got spoiled by the quality pockets and feel of the Vessel bags with the Speedzone stand bag last season... while that one had a 4 way top I didn't love, the players 2.0 6 way looks pretty damn tempting... good thing they're out of stock right now. 😆

I'm going to browse around PGASS Friday, but it seems I'm going to need to start my own bag company to get what I want... 🙂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

it seems I'm going to need to start my own bag company to get what I want..

you, me, and the rest of the golf world 😛 It seems there will never be the "Perfect" bag. 

In case you cared to know, this is what I ended up swapping the Woode out for.. It was listed was the MGS best "Hybrid" stand bag for 2021. Not sure who it was in the ring with but it won nonetheless. It should be arriving sometime next week. 

image.png.6b8c82ae997a3fe9c732ba1dff303101.png

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

you, me, and the rest of the golf world 😛 It seems there will never be the "Perfect" bag. 

In case you cared to know, this is what I ended up swapping the Woode out for.. It was listed was the MGS best "Hybrid" stand bag for 2021. Not sure who it was in the ring with but it won nonetheless. It should be arriving sometime next week. 

That does look sharp, and funny enough was one of the ones I wanted to look at.  I haven't seen that colorway yet, that looks fantastic.  Looking forward to your comparison next week!

9 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Welp......I might be jumping off the Woode train @B.BostonI think @azstu324just changed my mind.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

That does look sharp, and funny enough was one of the ones I wanted to look at.  I haven't seen that colorway yet, that looks fantastic.  Looking forward to your comparison next week!
Not trying to hijack this thread so I'll do a write up of the bag in a separate post. This will definitely be a keeper. Here are just a few pics.

I mentioned earlier that I liked the the configuration of the woods down the right side. It was just a matter of being introduced to a new setup and I figured out that I could load everything identically to the Woode but with individual slots.

All the irons are loaded from left to right too just like the Woode. 0306211727a.jpeg0306211727.jpeg0306211245b.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

11 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Not trying to hijack this thread so I'll do a write up of the bag in a separate post. This will definitely be a keeper. Here are just a few pics.

I mentioned earlier that I liked the the configuration of the woods down the right side. It was just a matter of being introduced to a new setup and I figured out that I could load everything identically to the Woode but with individual slots.

All the irons are loaded from left to right too just like the Woode. 0306211727a.jpeg0306211727.jpeg0306211245b.jpeg

That does look like a great alternative. I also like that the straps can clip off. I used that every time I put it in my pushcart with me old bag. 

I checked it out at PGASS and it’s one of the contenders for sure. 

I’d go red stripe though, don’t want to copy you. 😉

I wish that giant pocket included a zippered cooler pouch on this one. But it looks and feels very well made. 

910F8E51-5352-4045-BF6D-61A23656C7B5.jpeg.0d0b1b2b86786291d76f2b88cdd00870.jpeg

I’ll be looking for your new thread!

Not trying to redirect the thread, but if anybody's interested, here's my review of the Titleist Hybrid 14 bag

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/43780-2021-titleist-hybrid-14-stand-bag-unofficial-review/

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 12:01 PM, azstu324 said:

Anybody get their mitts on this bag yet? I'm in the market for a new bag and am digging the look of this setup. What are the overall benefits of this design over say a 15 slot? Are there any down sides when this is used primarily as a cart bag and 2ndary as a carry bag? It's called a "Hybrid" bag so I'm hoping they've but additional thought into it being on a cart too. 

Very interested!

Thx!

I have a Woode 8; will take a better picture of it today when I get back to the course after work, but while I LOVE the look and idea of this bag, I feel that it missed the mark in regards to it's marketing/practicality.

The Good:

• The color!!! 😍 I don't think I'll ever have to feel like "which bag is mine!?"
  • Pockets galore!
  • The magnetic pockets are clutch!!!!! So terrific! For all of those breakfast balls/reloads/mulligans/"I was just messing around"/etc shots, access is so very quick!!
  • Layout is oh-so-sexy when laid out as recommended

The Bad:

• I haven't used a push cart, but the slots don't work as advertised. While both walking/riding in a cart, the clubs don't stay separated in their little notches.  Every club in each zone fall to one side.
  • I don't like having my putter in the top (big) hole; I prefer the bottom single slot, but the grip (Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0) gets caught when I try to pull it out.

For me, the good outweigh the bad one hundred fold.

More pictures to come.

WITB 2.jpg

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5 1” tipped

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Titanium Rocket 13.5°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5

2 Iron:  :callaway-small: X Forged UT 18°, Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

4-PW:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB irons, DG Tour Issue x100 +1” 2° flat

Wedges:  :mizuno-small: T20, KBS Wedge shaft, 50°/54°/58°

Putter:  Toulon Atlanta, Stroke Lab Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1x Optic Yellow

Bag:  :Ogio: 2021 Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag

Shot Tracking:  :Arccos:

• 3 months later...

Frankly, I miss my old Ogio Sliver. I just wore it out till it died. I especially liked the putter well. That doesn’t to seem to exist anymore with the new Woode versions.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

The Silencer was still the best version of their Woode system. 

image.jpeg.b434726515dfa898bf602e302cc4adc3.jpeg

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

My favorite, most convenient top format is

3-4-4-3- putter well.

Unfortunately, 3-4-4-3- putter well    comes out to fifteen.

Obviously, the cart bag manufacturers are a step ahead of the USGA these days.

As for club chatter, I don't obsess about incidental cosmetic  wear on my clubs.  

You should see the collective wear on me.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball