Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My bag is constantly evolving but my intended set up once out of lock down...

Been wanting to put up a what's in the bag for my main bag since i joined this forum a month or so ago but its taking a while to finish. I don't want to post photos until i am all set...

I've bought and sold used a lot over my 3 years playing and most times I've broken even or made a little profit through the transactions. Each time I've done A / B testing with my existing set up to hone what in feels like an ideal club in each slot in my bag. This has lead to me having a very custom combo set. Control in the short irons and forgiveness as you move in to the lower lofts and wedges. I've been making changes during lockdown but i cant finish it off until the golf shops are back open.

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Armlock putter 40" - however its too flat and i need it bent 4 degrees upright to fit my stroke. I'm enjoying the putting technique but pushing everything right currently with it due to the very toe down lie angle.

2 wedges - CBX 56 (bent to 57) and 52 (bent to 51) - XP 115

P-8 irons - z765 - AMT black stiff soft stepped (waiting for the shafts to arrive currently have KBS tour 90 S in them)

7 iron - z565 - AMT black stiff soft stepped (as above)

6 hybrid - a12 pro - AMT black stiff soft stepped (as above, currently has the stock aldila RIP shaft in it)

4 hybrid - XTD Ti turned down to around 22* - Matrix HQ3 regular (only done a little testing with this so far, I had a big bertha '19 prior to this but am something of an Adams fan)

Short 5 iron - Great Big Birtha at 18*- Kuru Kage Black 70 Stiff playing at 41.75"

Driver - PGX 0811 XF Gen2 at 9.5* - Evenflow Riptide CB 60 6.0 at 44.5" - on order, hoping it will arrive next week

To supplement these I'm going to adjust my Callaway fusion driver to play at 12.5* with a heavier head weight and a 3 wood shaft for when accuracy is a priority, and am shopping for a one length utility 4 iron to give me other options off the tee and different flight profiles when conditions call for it.

By the times courses open again in the UK I should be set for the new season

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

Been wanting to put up a what's in the bag for my main bag since i joined this forum a month or so ago but its taking a while to finish. I don't want to post photos until i am all set...
I've bought and sold used a lot over my 3 years playing and most times I've broken even or made a little profit through the transactions. Each time I've done A / B testing with my existing set up to hone what in feels like an ideal club in each slot in my bag. This has lead to me having a very custom combo set. Control in the short irons and forgiveness as you move in to the lower lofts and wedges. I've been making changes during lockdown but i cant finish it off until the golf shops are back open.
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Armlock putter 40" - however its too flat and i need it bent 4 degrees upright to fit my stroke. I'm enjoying the putting technique but pushing everything right currently with it due to the very toe down lie angle.
2 wedges - CBX 56 (bent to 57) and 52 (bent to 51) - XP 115
P-8 irons - z765 - AMT black stiff soft stepped (waiting for the shafts to arrive currently have KBS tour 90 S in them)
7 iron - z565 - AMT black stiff soft stepped (as above)
6 hybrid - a12 pro - AMT black stiff soft stepped (as above, currently has the stock aldila RIP shaft in it)
4 hybrid - XTD Ti turned down to around 22* - Matrix HQ3 regular (only done a little testing with this so far, I had a big bertha '19 prior to this but am something of an Adams fan)
Short 5 iron - Great Big Birtha at 18*- Kuru Kage Black 70 Stiff playing at 41.75"
Driver - PGX 0811 XF Gen2 at 9.5* - Evenflow Riptide CB 60 6.0 at 44.5" - on order, hoping it will arrive next week

To supplement these I'm going to adjust my Callaway fusion driver to play at 12.5* with a heavier head weight and a 3 wood shaft for when accuracy is a priority, and am shopping for a one length utility 4 iron to give me other options off the tee and different flight profiles when conditions call for it.
By the times courses open again in the UK I should be set for the new season
Have you ever done a fitting or are all of your specs self chosen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Have you ever done a fitting or are all of your specs self chosen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've had 3 fittings. one in my first year for irons, another in my second year for irons, and bought the PXG based on a phone fitting but will be fit in person once we are out of lock down potentially moving to a different shaft if needed.

I went from needing 1* upright in my first year to 1* flat in my second after working on changing my over the top swing to a more shallow one. and from liking a 90g 7 iron to something in the 100-105 range and i got faster and stronger.

And I track my distances / gapping using golf pad on my phone during rounds...

Edited by Herts JoaTMoN

I ended up getting the old black one 4 utility and a SZ 4/5 adjustable one hybrid to put up against each other for a spot in the bag.

the utility as a 5 and the hybrid as a 4 is also a potential option. just need them to a) arrive and b) open up the range in the UK so i can get some testing in now...

• 1 month later...

the PXG driver arrived a few weeks back and I've decided to replace the 56 CBX with a 56 glide 3.0 eye 2.

Only 1 more month to wait before golf opens again in the UK. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!