Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shaft Question

I have the original P790 irons with Project X 5.5 shafts in them (not a shaft fitted to me). I played with a friend of mine and he had C Taper Lite shaft in his irons. I hit a few shots with his irons, and loved the feel of the shaft. what are the differences in the C Taper Lite and the Px 5.5s? I was considering reshafting one of my irons as a bit of a test, but I am not a "shaft guy". I thought you guys on here may be able to help me know if there would even be enough of a difference to make a change.

Thanks!

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

Iirc the p790s use the tapered version of the c taper lite so the px5.5 are 5g heavier assuming he has the stiff flex. If he has reg flex then it’s a 10g difference.

the design of the shafts are completely different. Px iron shafts play stiff to flex and are designed to play low launch and low spin. They definitely require the swing to be otherwise they can be somewhat punishable. This is why I’ve leaned away from them when they are one of the options that fits my swing. The c taper light are designed for a more mid-high launch and somewhere in the mid spin range. They will feel better than the px 5.5 even when swing isn’t all that good on a particular day

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1