TESTERS WANTED! ×

Brooks Koepka moving to Srixon??

I think this thread shows how much people generally disdain koepka.  he's on a very short list of golfers who have won two majors in a single season in the last 20 years.  harrington, McIlroy, spieth and tiger.  not to mention back to back in the us open and pga.  and then he was injured.  he really should have never said he would rather be pro in any other sport.  he couldn't even make it a few years on top as a golfer- i would hate to see him in the NFL.  He should definitely fire his publicist that made him say all that stuff about "why he was so emotionless" how its all because he's a calculating genius.  He could have just said its because i play better golf keeping all emotion in check and keeping my heart rate steady

and i am sure koepka sold way more 900 tours than would have otherwise sold.  maybe they *let him go to srixon because he sent one of the lamest clubs they ever made to the top of the popularity charts.  the ebay sales on those POS irons will show you how much younger golfers love brooks

Edited by HackquilleOnealy

8 hours ago, HackquilleOnealy said:

I think this thread shows how much people generally disdain koepka.  he's on a very short list of golfers who have won two majors in a single season in the last 20 years.  harrington, McIlroy, spieth and tiger.  not to mention back to back in the us open and pga.  and then he was injured.  he really should have never said he would rather be pro in any other sport.  he couldn't even make it a few years on top as a golfer- i would hate to see him in the NFL.  He should definitely fire his publicist that made him say all that stuff about "why he was so emotionless" how its all because he's a calculating genius.  He could have just said its because i play better golf keeping all emotion in check and keeping my heart rate steady

and i am sure koepka sold way more 900 tours than would have otherwise sold.  maybe they *let him go to srixon because he sent one of the lamest clubs they ever made to the top of the popularity charts.  the ebay sales on those POS irons will show you how much younger golfers love brooks

What in this thread makes you think people have any disdain for koepka? For me I have nothing against him and like his game but when it comes to selling clubs there aren’t many pros that move that needle.

Tiger Woods moved the needle a little for Nike golf hardwoods but even his success wasn’t enough to get the brand to compete in market share with the big names in golf. SomE of it probably has to do with Nike marketing strategy of the athlete vs the gear. Fans like Rickie Fowler but even his personality and relatively decent career isn’t enough to make a dent in the market share cobra has in clubs and even with the success of Bryson and cobra doing pretty good with one length sales they still maintain the same market share they had before. 

A brand like Srixon is a relatively unknown brand outside of golf forums and their lack of retail space doest help. Someone posted in the Srixon thread yesterday about wanting to try the new irons but finding a place that has them is almost impossible. So how can one expect a brand to see a significant increase in sales of the person using them doesn’t boost sales to begin with and two the clubs he has can’t be found to demo?  And guys that buy off the shelf can’t get them unless they order online and why spend the same price on clubs plus shipping and having to wait to get them when you can buy callaway, TaylorMade or titleist right then and there in a store.0

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Well so much for the Srixon ball. He’s back to using the prov. Still has the irons in the bag. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I am surprised to see the lack of discussion following BK’s win with ZX7’s. 

I always liked how he said not being under contract gave him freedom to play what he thought was best at the time. For a multiple major winner to switch from JPX to ZX line is a pretty big deal considering a lot of no-contract guys love that Mizuno line. 

Hopefully this win helps him return to form with his swing confidence.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Sadly, I am surprised to see the lack of discussion following BK’s win with ZX7’s. 

I always liked how he said not being under contract gave him freedom to play what he thought was best at the time. For a multiple major winner to switch from JPX to ZX line is a pretty big deal considering a lot of no-contract guys love that Mizuno line. 

Hopefully this win helps him return to form with his swing confidence.

He’s not going to give free promotion to Srixon for the irons just like he doesn’t for the Tm woods or scotty putter.

Other than a henrik stenson’s 3w, tiger’s putter and maybe one or two others once a new equipment season starts like the guys switching to new stuff in Hawaii and that’s usually when new contracts are announce the commentators really don’t talk about specific equipment so saying Brooks uses Srixon irons after using mizuno after nike left the market isn’t going to come up.

Srixon has questionable marketing strategy and they didn’t capitalize on Brooks win by posting on social media a pic of his irons and saying these are used by the winner of the waste management open.  Shaft brands and several of the equipment brands will do something along those lines to draw that attention.

Takeaway from forum members across all the various platforms most people don’t care what specific model of equipment is in a pros bag

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Srixon has questionable marketing strategy and they didn’t capitalize on Brooks win by posting on social media a pic of his irons and saying these are used by the winner of the waste management open.  Shaft brands and several of the equipment brands will do something along those lines to draw that attention.

Hell - TM did it regarding the WM Winner using the SIM2 Driver

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Total speculation: might be an indication that some kind of conversations between Brooks and Srixon continue, or that Srixon wants to keep that door open.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

35 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah the are one of the brands that does it all the time. UST, PX/TT and Fujikura do it a lot. Titleist and Callaway from what I recall will too

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Total speculation: might be an indication that some kind of conversations between Brooks and Srixon continue, or that Srixon wants to keep that door open.

Srixon doesn’t do any “advertisement” of non contract winners using their equipment. I don’t see much from them even when ball/hat/glove contract players win. But over all their marketing is kind of weak IMO for their equipment compared to the rest of the brands

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It’s difficult to watch a company with a great product line and some solid Tour staff float along and coast.

The ball is as good as anything. The irons are top tier and their hybrid iron has a cult following. 

It could be the best product nobody knows about simply because they don’t pump their marketing. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It’s difficult to watch a company with a great product line and some solid Tour staff float along and coast.

The ball is as good as anything. The irons are top tier and their hybrid iron has a cult following. 

It could be the best product nobody knows about simply because they don’t pump their marketing. 

That seems to be the problem of most non big OEM companies.  Frankly you look at Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade and PING and they have a refined Marketing model that highlights all of their equipment advantages and player achievements.  BUT then you look at a Mizuno or a Srixon and you will hardly hear about them and or how good their stuff is. 

Sad, but true, the issue with Srixon and Mizuno to a lesser extent is that they have NOT been a historical brand in the US.  So you don't typically hear about them as much over here as you would in Europe and Asia.  And frankly, I think they are okay with that because they know who predominantly butters their bread.  You can see some in-roads of them trying to expand their base here in the states but they are frankly years away from being talked about in the same breath regrettably.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It is and a lot of people have been saying that since the brand was introduced state side with the x45 lineup. 

That seems to be the problem of most non big OEM companies.  Frankly you look at Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade and PING and they have a refined Marketing model that highlights all of their equipment advantages and player achievements.  BUT then you look at a Mizuno or a Srixon and you will hardly hear about them and or how good their stuff is. 
Sad, but true, the issue with Srixon and Mizuno to a lesser extent is that they have NOT been a historical brand in the US.  So you don't typically hear about them as much over here as you would in Europe and Asia.  And frankly, I think they are okay with that because they know who predominantly butters their bread.  You can see some in-roads of them trying to expand their base here in the states but they are frankly years away from being talked about in the same breath regrettably.  
[mention=89525]BNewton51[/mention] I think you nailed it: while most golfers stateside have no experience with Mizuno or Srixon, that is not the case in Europe, Asia, or Australia. I’m sure they’ve looked at what return they’d get on 2x, 5x, or even 10x more advertising over here and decided that a gradually increasing(albeit incremental) market share is in their best interest. Everyone on here knows Srixon, I’m sure it’s the same on other forums. The average Joe 3 putt buying clubs a Dicks? Maybe not, but perhaps that’s not the part of the market they’re after...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 1/19/2021 at 9:22 PM, revkev said:

I like Brooks but I agree with those who are doubtful about him moving the needle.  Srixon has had some very good players in its stable.  It's very hard to crack the Callaway/TMag/Titleist/Ping mix.  

I think he moved the needle more last year when it was publicized how he was switching from I believe the M5 to the new maverick driver. I remember specifically hearing on the TV broadcast how he wasn’t paid and how that speaks to the high quality of the new maverick driver. 

Let’s not forget though Prior to last year Brooks didn’t get the club contract he was looking for. He wanted huge money and it didn’t pan out. Those clubs could change in a moments notice if that contract becomes available 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

I think he moved the needle more last year when it was publicized how he was switching from I believe the M5 to the new maverick driver. I remember specifically hearing on the TV broadcast how he wasn’t paid and how that speaks to the high quality of the new maverick driver. 

Let’s not forget though Prior to last year Brooks didn’t get the club contract he was looking for. He wanted huge money and it didn’t pan out. Those clubs could change in a moments notice if that contract becomes available 

I'd say he increased his bargaining position with the Srixon/Cleveland brass this past week.  In before the price hikes 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

FWIW, I had placed an order with Srixon before the WM Open and needed to talk with their support team right after Brooks' win. On the call, the support rep said their ZX7 sales the Monday following his win was nuts and she'd never seen anything like it. And looking today, it seems like demand is high (at least relative to supply, anyways)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

30 minutes ago, greggarner said:

FWIW, I had placed an order with Srixon before the WM Open and needed to talk with their support team right after Brooks' win. On the call, the support rep said their ZX7 sales the Monday following his win was nuts and she'd never seen anything like it. And looking today, it seems like demand is high (at least relative to supply, anyways)

That's something I think you might start seeing more of - there's a worldwide shortage of shipping containers, and there was a cargo ship in December that lost nearly 2,000 containers in a storm. Several golf OEMs were affected. You'll see some OEMs doing emergency air shipping to get product, and that means higher costs all around. 

Inventory shortages are just getting started - I'll bet you in gets worse before it gets better. I think the big OEMs will probably be able to deal with it okay, but the smaller ones may be in the situation Srixon is now from time to time  - out of stock, in stock and then out of stock again quickly.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

there was a cargo ship in December that lost nearly 2,000 containers in a storm. Several golf OEMs were affected.

Coordinates? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

23 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Coordinates? 🙂

Lets get the scuba gear!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 1 year later...

Brooks with the old TaylorMade M3 back in the bag in practice rounds this week.  Srixon folk can't be thrilled with that.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Brooks with the old TaylorMade M3 back in the bag in practice rounds this week.  Srixon folk can't be thrilled with that.

Driver or wood?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

If it’s driver he may be looking for more accuracy.  But looks at old statistics compared to this year, fairway percentage isn’t far off 53% to 56/57%. Although this doesn’t take into account yards offline.  

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Driver or wood?

Driver, as far as I know he's still playing the ZX7 irons. 

58 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My guess… Taylormade drops DJ.  Need a big name to fill the spot… BK is a perfect fit.

Of course, this is purely speculation.  

So far

• RBC has dropped DJ and McDowell, 
  • UPS dropped Westwood and Oosthuizen,
  • Rocket Mortgage dropped DeChambeau (presumably Rickie if he jumps) and
  • most of Phil’s sponsors dropped or paused their relationship with him - though Phil is a special case because of his controversial remarks.

I’m reading sponsors are staying quiet and watching LIV, keeping their options open to continue or drop players when/if that makes the most sense. I assume LIV players will get less exposure going forward, but no one knows, hence sponsors will wait and see…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Srixon agreed to let him play driver and V1X this week. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Srixon agreed to let him play driver and V1X this week. 

Ah Cool!  His (JW's) podcast usually drops on Wednesday, so I'm sure he will have info on it tomorrow.