Brooks Koepka moving to Srixon??

Our Sponsors

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It’s difficult to watch a company with a great product line and some solid Tour staff float along and coast.

The ball is as good as anything. The irons are top tier and their hybrid iron has a cult following. 

It could be the best product nobody knows about simply because they don’t pump their marketing. 

That seems to be the problem of most non big OEM companies.  Frankly you look at Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade and PING and they have a refined Marketing model that highlights all of their equipment advantages and player achievements.  BUT then you look at a Mizuno or a Srixon and you will hardly hear about them and or how good their stuff is. 

Sad, but true, the issue with Srixon and Mizuno to a lesser extent is that they have NOT been a historical brand in the US.  So you don't typically hear about them as much over here as you would in Europe and Asia.  And frankly, I think they are okay with that because they know who predominantly butters their bread.  You can see some in-roads of them trying to expand their base here in the states but they are frankly years away from being talked about in the same breath regrettably.  

• Like 3

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you put some respect on shane lowry’s name!!! look at that specimen!  

Brooks played Mizuno irons, but he wasn’t paid to and therefore Mizuno couldn’t use him in marketing. If Brooks is signing with Srixon and not just playing their clubs that could be a huge get for sri

I think @ncwoz asks the most pertinent question: is anyone actually hearing anything about a deal, or is he just playing the clubs? In terms of marketing value, I agree with those who say this is

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It’s difficult to watch a company with a great product line and some solid Tour staff float along and coast.

The ball is as good as anything. The irons are top tier and their hybrid iron has a cult following. 

It could be the best product nobody knows about simply because they don’t pump their marketing. 

It is and a lot of people have been saying that since the brand was introduced state side with the x45 lineup. 

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

That seems to be the problem of most non big OEM companies.  Frankly you look at Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade and PING and they have a refined Marketing model that highlights all of their equipment advantages and player achievements.  BUT then you look at a Mizuno or a Srixon and you will hardly hear about them and or how good their stuff is. 
Sad, but true, the issue with Srixon and Mizuno to a lesser extent is that they have NOT been a historical brand in the US.  So you don't typically hear about them as much over here as you would in Europe and Asia.  And frankly, I think they are okay with that because they know who predominantly butters their bread.  You can see some in-roads of them trying to expand their base here in the states but they are frankly years away from being talked about in the same breath regrettably.  
[mention=89525]BNewton51[/mention] I think you nailed it: while most golfers stateside have no experience with Mizuno or Srixon, that is not the case in Europe, Asia, or Australia. I’m sure they’ve looked at what return they’d get on 2x, 5x, or even 10x more advertising over here and decided that a gradually increasing(albeit incremental) market share is in their best interest. Everyone on here knows Srixon, I’m sure it’s the same on other forums. The average Joe 3 putt buying clubs a Dicks? Maybe not, but perhaps that’s not the part of the market they’re after...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

On 1/19/2021 at 9:22 PM, revkev said:

I like Brooks but I agree with those who are doubtful about him moving the needle.  Srixon has had some very good players in its stable.  It's very hard to crack the Callaway/TMag/Titleist/Ping mix.  

I think he moved the needle more last year when it was publicized how he was switching from I believe the M5 to the new maverick driver. I remember specifically hearing on the TV broadcast how he wasn’t paid and how that speaks to the high quality of the new maverick driver. 

Let’s not forget though Prior to last year Brooks didn’t get the club contract he was looking for. He wanted huge money and it didn’t pan out. Those clubs could change in a moments notice if that contract becomes available 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS3 Tensei Av Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

I think he moved the needle more last year when it was publicized how he was switching from I believe the M5 to the new maverick driver. I remember specifically hearing on the TV broadcast how he wasn’t paid and how that speaks to the high quality of the new maverick driver. 

Let’s not forget though Prior to last year Brooks didn’t get the club contract he was looking for. He wanted huge money and it didn’t pan out. Those clubs could change in a moments notice if that contract becomes available 

I'd say he increased his bargaining position with the Srixon/Cleveland brass this past week.  In before the price hikes 🤣.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

FWIW, I had placed an order with Srixon before the WM Open and needed to talk with their support team right after Brooks' win. On the call, the support rep said their ZX7 sales the Monday following his win was nuts and she'd never seen anything like it. And looking today, it seems like demand is high (at least relative to supply, anyways)

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

50*, 54*, 60* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

30 minutes ago, greggarner said:

FWIW, I had placed an order with Srixon before the WM Open and needed to talk with their support team right after Brooks' win. On the call, the support rep said their ZX7 sales the Monday following his win was nuts and she'd never seen anything like it. And looking today, it seems like demand is high (at least relative to supply, anyways)

That's something I think you might start seeing more of - there's a worldwide shortage of shipping containers, and there was a cargo ship in December that lost nearly 2,000 containers in a storm. Several golf OEMs were affected. You'll see some OEMs doing emergency air shipping to get product, and that means higher costs all around. 

Inventory shortages are just getting started - I'll bet you in gets worse before it gets better. I think the big OEMs will probably be able to deal with it okay, but the smaller ones may be in the situation Srixon is now from time to time  - out of stock, in stock and then out of stock again quickly.  

• Like 5

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

there was a cargo ship in December that lost nearly 2,000 containers in a storm. Several golf OEMs were affected.

Coordinates? 🙂

• Haha 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

23 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Coordinates? 🙂

Lets get the scuba gear!

• Haha 3

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed