Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mavrik 3+ and 5 wood

Cbfodalo

I have a couple leftover hzrdyus smoke black  driver shafts left over. 1 is a 60g 6.0 Stiif shaft that on of my employees snapped of my driver when shutting tailgate of my truck.  I timed about 1.25;@" or so off shaft and sanded it smooth and epoxies a new callaway opti fit adapter to it.  It ended up being 1.25" short, so  I used it as a test to see if shorter shaft would help with better accuracy. It did not.  So I also have a same shaft in a 70g  6.5 dull driver length.

I want to use same grips on my driver 3 and 5 wood so at least need to regrip. All three shafts.  The mavrik 3+  wood has project x evwnflo 6.0 60g , the 5 wood  has the rogue white 130 msi 70s. 

My plan was to use the two hzrdus smoke driver shafts I have and cut down to use in the fairway woods.  But after typing all this out, I am realizing I  absolutely hit my mavrik 5 wood best out of all three. Way more consistent.  So maybe I should be ordering some rogue white shafts for 3+ and mavrik driver. Not sure what to do now.  I do want lower trajectory for all three so maybe I will try the hzrdus smokes.  Now finally the question.

When I cut driver shafts to go with fairway woods should I be cutting both the tip and but or just the butt?

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.0 driver, aldila rogue white 130msi 70x

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3w and 5w

Aldila rogue white 130 msi 70s

Callaway Mavrik 7w

aldila rogue white 130msi 70S

Mizuno JPX-919 hot metal 

5-lw, tt tour new concept x1 shafts

Odessey triple track 7 putter.