TESTERS WANTED! ×

Motorized Push Cart Pointers, Tips, Etiquette?

Middler

Just got an MGI Zip Navigator AT and I’ll be taking it out on the course for the first time this Friday. I ran it around my yard a little, but I’m sure there are things I haven’t thought about when on course. I didn’t find anything here or on the interwebs in general on use. I’ve been told I’ll tip it over occasionally, but I’d like to avoid that as much as possible. I assume I should avoid side hills where possible, and to be careful with curbs and the like. Obviously stay out of rough, and muddy areas on course (some of that here in winter). Pace of play pointers unique to electric carts? Greenside? Most of all I don’t want to piss off playing partners so any guidance there would be appreciated, I assume just keep it away from others in general. Really looking forward to using it, just want to do it right. What am I missing?

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 hours ago, Middler said:

Just got an MGI Zip Navigator AT and I’ll be taking it out on the course for the first time this Friday. I ran it around my yard a little, but I’m sure there are things I haven’t thought about when on course. I didn’t find anything here or on the interwebs in general on use. I’ve been told I’ll tip it over occasionally, but I’d like to avoid that as much as possible. I assume I should avoid side hills where possible, and to be careful with curbs and the like. Obviously stay out of rough, and muddy areas on course (some of that here in winter). Pace of play pointers unique to electric carts? Greenside? Most of all I don’t want to piss off playing partners so any guidance there would be appreciated, I assume just keep it away from others in general. Really looking forward to using it, just want to do it right. What am I missing?

A couple of lessons I've learned:

When near water, a bridge, etc, don't trust the remote, keep a hand on the handle.

Keep it away from your companions, its easy to accidentally run it into someone when using the remote.  

Its a little heavier than a standard push cart, but not REALLY heavy, so be normally careful around greens and tees.

Straight up or down significant slopes is best to avoid tipping.  Going up you may want a hand on the handle, to assist the "wheelie-bar" if you have one.

Have fun!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia