TESTERS WANTED! ×

MMT 125 Iron Shafts

hartrick11

Has anyone played these in the new 125 stiff offering yet that can offer any insight? I’m dying to try them out, might have to just buy and shaft up one club to test...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Not the 125g stiff, but I did just test the 80g R (mere mortal swing speeds) and it was equal to the Accra ICWT 75's which produced the best numbers for me at a fitting last month.  My fitter at Truespec said the MMT's are getting quite a bit of interest and very positive feedback.  I'm pretty sure he said Fowler just put them in play this week.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 1/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, hartrick11 said:

Has anyone played these in the new 125 stiff offering yet that can offer any insight? I’m dying to try them out, might have to just buy and shaft up one club to test...

There are a few threads about the MMTs already. If you search, I'm sure you will find something. I know the 125s release was delayed a bit so there might be not much about that model specifically. They are incredibly difficult to find online. You may need to get with an authorized MCA dealer 

The 125TX is said to be based on DGX profile.  Theoretically, 125 Stiff would be DGS, then, right?

In theory, which means "maybe".  😉🤔

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

I've run through all the threads on WRX and nothing yet on the 125 stiff, but that should change soon enough. Have seen less chatter about them on here, but maybe I am missing something. 

It doesn't seem like it's going to be easy to do until maybe later this year, but I'd love to test out the stiff vs. TX in a fitting.

I will verify first, but assuming one of these does work for me, the first OEM to include these as an option will likely get my business. Callaway offering the MMT 105 as a stock(!) option for the new Apex Pro means they are my bet to be first to offer the 125s.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, hartrick11 said:

I've run through all the threads on WRX and nothing yet on the 125 stiff, but that should change soon enough. Have seen less chatter about them on here, but maybe I am missing something. 

It doesn't seem like it's going to be easy to do until maybe later this year, but I'd love to test out the stiff vs. TX in a fitting.

I will verify first, but assuming one of these does work for me, the first OEM to include these as an option will likely get my business. Callaway offering the MMT 105 as a stock(!) option for the new Apex Pro means they are my bet to be first to offer the 125s.

Not trying to necro-post but curious if anyone has found a stock offering in the 125 MMTs.  I can find the shafts easily enough but would like to buy them as an OEM.

Driver: TSi3 - Stock Tensei White Stiff

3w: TSi3 - Stock Tensei Blue XStiff

3hy - Callaway Epic Super Hybrid - Stock Aerotech Steelfiber Stiff

4i - Srixon Z Utility - Steelfiber i95 Stiff

5-PW - Srixon ZX7 - Steelfiber i95 Stiff Hard Stepped x1

50 - Cleveland CBX2 - Steelfiber i95 Stiff

56 - Taylormade MG TW - 1 deg strong / Steelfiber i95 Stiff

60 - Taylormade MG TW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff

SIK Armlock DW with LAGP Shaft