Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Legends Golf Club in Clermont Florida

Hoganman1

This course closed a couple of years ago, but I've heard it might re-open. We have a vacation home in Clermont and I've played Legends many times. We haven't been to Florida in a year due to COVID-19. I'm really hoping to go in the Spring and would love to play Legends if it has in fact re-opened. Does anyone on this forum know the status?

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

On 1/23/2021 at 2:06 PM, Hoganman1 said:

This course closed a couple of years ago, but I've heard it might re-open. We have a vacation home in Clermont and I've played Legends many times. We haven't been to Florida in a year due to COVID-19. I'm really hoping to go in the Spring and would love to play Legends if it has in fact re-opened. Does anyone on this forum know the status?

Here is a link I found below. From what I can tell the course is being renovated and reopening spring 2021.

http://www.legendsclermont.com/legendsclermont/page.html?page_id=4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 1/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, GaDawg said:

Here is a link I found below. From what I can tell the course is being renovated and reopening spring 2021.

http://www.legendsclermont.com/legendsclermont/page.html?page_id=4

Thanks so much. We're planning on coming in March. Hopefully, it will be open by then. I really like the course and I've come so close to breaking 80 there several times over the years. I've shot in the seventies on almost every other course in the Clermont area except Sugarloaf Mountain which closed several years ago. In full disclosure, my 77 at Mission Inn El Campeon was when I was in my 40s. I doubt I could do that today even from the senior tees. 

Speaking of Legends in Clermont, do any of you remember Palisades? It closed in late 2015. While it wasn't always in good shape the layout was great. Also, it was right across Lake Minneola from my vacation condo. I think it opened in the mid 90s. It was supposed to be an exclusive private club. The recession changed all that and I think it struggled for most of it's twenty year  existence. Anyway, I played it two or three times a year and still miss it. I really wish someone would buy and restore it, but I doubt that's going to happen. The same applies to Sugarloaf Mountain. However, SM only lasted for five or six years and was in the middle of nowhere. 

Still I'm glad Legends is coming back and really hope they'll be successful. 

• 3 weeks later...

LEGENDS GOLF COURSE IS BEING RESTORED!

Legends golf course is currently in the process of being renovated and restored. The restoration began about 2 months ago and the course is really starting to come back. This week the fairways and tees are being sprigged, roughs are being sprayed for weeds, retention areas are being restored and sod is being laid down on the perimeter tees and fairways. Memberships are now available from the Legends Golf Pro Shop, which can be reached at [email protected]; or by calling 407-758-5415.