TESTERS WANTED! ×

Farmers Insurance Open

fixyurdivot

What the F for Rahm - doesn’t he realize there are fantasy points on the line, here?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It’s all about him
Reed stayed on Track, everyone else collapsed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Nobody except Tiger has won by 4 or more shots at Torrey in the last 20 years, and Tiger's done it 3 times, until Reed today.

His 5 shot win is the largest margin of victory since Tiger won by 8 in 2008. And he then won the US Open later that year at Torrey. Guess where the US Open is this year? Lol

9th career win for Reed. 6th most wins on Tour since 2013.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

35 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm signed up for a virtual USGA rules seminar in March, I wonder if CBS would spend a few bucks to get the announcers some rules education.  Or if the announcers care enough to try to learn something.

This is a great comment, Dave P043. I was sure there was a rules violation until I took the time to look up rule 16-4. I believe this was a rule change with the 2019 revisions. I would bet this is where the former tour pro announcers on CBS haven't bothered to read the USGA rule book since revision. The rule is very clear and the rules officials stated that the rule was followed correctly. \

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

8 minutes ago, BKordon said:

This is a great comment, Dave P043. I was sure there was a rules violation until I took the time to look up rule 16-4. I believe this was a rule change with the 2019 revisions. I would bet this is where the former tour pro announcers on CBS haven't bothered to read the USGA rule book since revision. The rule is very clear and the rules officials stated that the rule was followed correctly. \

In the previous version of the rules, embedded ball relief was only allowed in closely mown areas.  There would be no real need to lift a ball to determine if it was embedded.  The new rules allow relief in the general area, and it can be difficult to evaluate a lie in the rough, which is why lifting is allowed.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Definitely disappointing to see this from Frank. He's usually better than that and one of seemingly few broadcasters actually trying to learn more about things like Strokes Gained and DECADE.

“No Frank, you’re wrong.” From the CBS rules expert. Best line of the week.

I’m not a huge Reed fanboy - he’s on my fantasy team again because I’ve twice gotten him in a spot where he was the best value.

His wife and my oldest daughter have the same name too. :)

Congratulations to Captain America!  

I was wrong in my prediction that we'd have a first time tour winner... but their were a handful of them hanging around late and will no doubt be making noise this season.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The dude can play!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

They just need an antagonist, and Patrick Reed is unfortunately stepped into their trap.
I’ll be the first to say, I did not care for him to win the Masters... I actually tried to will his ball in the water, which I believe Kenny B pointed out was a terrible use of post number 9000 I believe. 

anyways... regardless of how much they try to bury the guy, he keeps on coming back, takes it on the chin, and continues to play good golf.

I happen to like him and he seems to thrive on controversy. Regardless of what happened he did play well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congratulations to Captain America!  
EtGbVUQVoAAHKuJ?format=jpg&name=small
I was wrong in my prediction that we'd have a first time tour winner... but their were a handful of them hanging around late and will no doubt be making noise this season.

He’s not one of my favorites but he sure can play .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So really it is not how well your team is, it is just how good they are against the 10 teams you are competing against that week. I went 7-3 this week, so against 10 different teams I may have gone 3-7 or maybe 10-0. Why not compete against all teams.  Seems more fair in the long run.

Thanks!

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

4 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

So really it is not how well your team is, it is just how good they are against the 10 teams you are competing against that week. I went 7-3 this week, so against 10 different teams I may have gone 3-7 or maybe 10-0. Why not compete against all teams.  Seems more fair in the long run.

Thanks!

That is what we did last year; as stated in the Fantasy thread Fantrax couldn't support that format with the number of teams we have in the league.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The fact that most of this thread is a discussion about P Reed’s* embedded ball on Saturday is it’s own commentary on P Reed*.

The “IDGAF what anyone thinks” clown invites controversy every single time he plays in a tournament. 

My only experience seeing P Reed in person was at a Monday practice round at the Masters in 2016. We saw a ton of players that day and every one of them was in a threesome playing their way around the course. 99% of the players were done with their practice round by 4:00 pm. 

We were making our way towards the exit at the end of the day and decided to sit and rest for a minute in the grandstands by the 5th green. All the players had gone through and we figured that was it, but about 10 minutes later here comes a solo player with his caddie, making his way to the fifth green. It was P Reed all by himself. Both my brother and I thought it was both odd and sad that this guy played alone at the very end of the day when there were no other players and 99% of “patrons” had already left. 

I say all of this to say that at the end of the day, whether you argue for or against what P Reed did right or wrong with his embedded ball, the dude may win 50 tournaments and 5 majors before he hangs it up. But his legacy will be that no one will care what he did in golf history and he’ll be old and alone when he dies with zero friends and a mantle full of worthless trophies that he wouldn’t be able to pawn for 5 cents on ebay, because no one wants anything to do with a lifelong cheater and thief.  Frankly, maybe he’ll go out like Clifford Roberts did. 

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

53 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

his legacy will be that no one will care what he did in golf history and he’ll be old and alone when he dies with zero friends and a mantle full of worthless trophies that he wouldn’t be able to pawn for 5 cents on ebay, because no one wants anything to do with a lifelong cheater and thief

Yeah that's exactly right!

I think it's really sad that so many people on these forums are 'on his side' on this discussion because they want to appear intelligent or on the level of the PGA rules officials. Reed very obviously pulled a fast one over on them, and by choosing to ignore basic facts, you're letting him pull a fast one on you too. He is an incredible golfer and a terrible person.

What we try to avoid as a community is cheating, but the cardinal sin is cheating and having it be accepted, which is exactly what happened here. I am 100% that this is having an impact on the way that thousands of people think about the game. "If he can get away with it, why can't I?" "Maybe cheating isn't such a big deal after all?" "If everyone else is doing it, I'm doing it too!"

Reed won the tournament today, and seems like he would have won without moving the ball in question, but golf as a whole absolutely lost.

🥂

That is a really messed up thing to say.

Frankly, maybe he’ll go out like Clifford Roberts did. 

No one is on his side to "appear intelligent." Anyone in here defending the situation is making a judgment based on the actual facts available to us. There is absolutely no hard evidence to prove Reed cheated in that situation. None. It's all speculation because of his reputation. That might be enough for you to condemn him for cheating on Saturday but it's not enough for me and for the others who've spoken up in defense of the ruling made. It has nothing to do with wanting to "appear intelligent" but wanting actual evidence of malfeasance before calling it out as such.

I'm not much of a Patrick Reed fan. I respect his ability to play golf at an extremely high level but that's about it. But unless you can prove with concrete evidence that he cheated on Saturday, I will continue to agree with the ruling that was made on the day.

I think it's really sad that so many people on these forums are 'on his side' on this discussion because they want to appear intelligent or on the level of the PGA rules officials. Reed very obviously pulled a fast one over on them, and by choosing to ignore basic facts, you're letting him pull a fast one on you too. He is an incredible golfer and a terrible person.

What we try to avoid as a community is cheating, but the cardinal sin is cheating and having it be accepted, which is exactly what happened here. I am 100% that this is having an impact on the way that thousands of people think about the game. "If he can get away with it, why can't I?" "Maybe cheating isn't such a big deal after all?" "If everyone else is doing it, I'm doing it too!"

Reed won the tournament today, and seems like he would have won without moving the ball in question, but golf as a whole absolutely lost.

1 hour ago, Hamachi Style said:

I'm the least amount of a Reed fan as anyone could be, but no one is trying to appear smarter than anyone else. @DaveP043 knows the rules and explained the situation according to them and just because it's not favorable to my opinion doesn't discredit what he said or make him a Patrick Reed fanboy. I still think, with Reed's history, he shouldn't have moved his ball first, palmed it, etc. but as I mentioned I'm obviously biased and not going to give him any benefit of the doubt, ever.

He played better than everyone else, and still would've won if he was given a penalty stroke, or 3, so moot point on to the next one.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

The fact that most of this thread is a discussion about P Reed’s* embedded ball on Saturday is it’s own commentary on P Reed*.

The “IDGAF what anyone thinks” clown invites controversy every single time he plays in a tournament. 

My only experience seeing P Reed in person was at a Monday practice round at the Masters in 2016. We saw a ton of players that day and every one of them was in a threesome playing their way around the course. 99% of the players were done with their practice round by 4:00 pm. 

We were making our way towards the exit at the end of the day and decided to sit and rest for a minute in the grandstands by the 5th green. All the players had gone through and we figured that was it, but about 10 minutes later here comes a solo player with his caddie, making his way to the fifth green. It was P Reed all by himself. Both my brother and I thought it was both odd and sad that this guy played alone at the very end of the day when there were no other players and 99% of “patrons” had already left. 

I say all of this to say that at the end of the day, whether you argue for or against what P Reed did right or wrong with his embedded ball, the dude may win 50 tournaments and 5 majors before he hangs it up. But his legacy will be that no one will care what he did in golf history and he’ll be old and alone when he dies with zero friends and a mantle full of worthless trophies that he wouldn’t be able to pawn for 5 cents on ebay, because no one wants anything to do with a lifelong cheater and thief.  Frankly, maybe he’ll go out like Clifford Roberts did. 

This post, especially the last sentence is sad. It seems to me you’re putting too much effort into being hateful. I’ve read your posts, you are better than this

As for Reed? The guy is well on his way to a HOF career, seems to have a great marriage, and probably has plenty of friends outside of golf. Lots of great athletes over the years cared less what their teammates or opponents thought of them. Michael Jordan comes to mind, as does Tiger Woods.

As for all the harping on Reed “skirting” the rules yesterday, Rory says hello. Let’s not even get into what Tiger got away with it for years.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

7 hours ago, Hamachi Style said:

Reed very obviously pulled a fast one over on them, and by choosing to ignore basic facts, you're letting him pull a fast one on you too.

I'd like to understand which "facts" I'm ignoring.  I've watched the videos a bunch of times, and I believe Reed followed the Rules all along.  I've read allegations that Reed pushed down his ball, or that he dug around with his fingers, but the video doesn't show that.  I'm not saying its impossible, but you simply can't tell for sure.  I've read that he "palmed" the ball, but even that isn't clear.  Its completely possible to carry a ball with thumb and finger, and still cup it so its not clearly visible.  I'd suggest that's really a more natural position for your hand, fingers curled slightly instead of straight out.  Again, he could have wiped the ball in his palm, but you can't tell for sure, its not a "fact".  I've read that its impossible to a ball to embed on the bounce, yet the Rules Official determined that the ball was indeed embedded. 

So please, what "facts" am I ignoring?

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

For everyone jumping REED’S case, RORY DID, literally, THE EXACT SAME THING! Ball bounced, picked it up to see if it was embedded, took relief. Same tournament, same exact circumstances. Can’t wait to see everyone call Rory a cheater now. Ready? Go!

Boom.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/farmers-insurance-open-why-rory-mcilroy-is-now-part-of-the-patrick-reed-rules-flap-and-how-he-helps-reed-cause/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

It’s all about himemoji12.pngemoji33.png
Reed stayed on Track, everyone else collapsed.

The par in the middle of the back nine where Reed was behind a tree, punched it up the fairway short and pitched it to 2 feet was brilliant.  Many others would have tried it hit some sort of sweeping hook from there and put it in a spot that might have been a very difficult up and down.  IMO that was the turning point of the tournament.  Everyone else was falling apart on the back nine.

That's the story, not a trumped up rules thing - like it or not the rules have changed, fortunately the guys doing it for a living seem to have kept up with those changes.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've been a bit hesitant to weigh in on, but why not. I am not a PReed fan admittedly, however that simply means there is no way I will trade for, draft or pick up him on my MGS Fantasy golf team. He is a great talent in the sport of golf and without question has a hazy history of incidents similar. Yes, I didn't love the series of events, but it has been explained that technically he did not do anything wrong. Maybe the sequence was off and the way the camera was blocked when he initially got to the ball isn't a good look and I don't know if he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but as the officials stated it was technically done by the book. I know it didn't look good and the interaction with the onsite official was iffy and I do not want to defend him because we all clearly saw the ball bounce... and pretty high I will admit. However based off the information he had and so on I guess it was correct. Either way we saw similar situation with Rory and one could argue had Reed not called the official in that it may have been better, but I do believe that if situations like this keep arising with him eventually they will catch up to him, hopefully he turns a corner and is able to be more liked. As I said he is insanely talented at the game of golf.

The fact we could see the ball bounce made it that much worse and there is a whole laundry list of talking points we could unpack there. 

I think maybe what I keep thinking about is it sucks when there are incidents like this that players so called get away with and are not penalized and then you have DJ way back loosing a major because he grounded his club way back. The rules don't always seem fair and I do hope for Reeds sake that no more of these incidents occur so the focus can shift to his game and not the shadiness of his on course actions. Again I am not a fan of his actions or the personality he gives off, but like to see good golf shots and frankly when he isn't playing with Tiger he has provided us with some pretty stunning and memorable golf. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

For everyone jumping REED’S case, RORY DID, literally, THE EXACT SAME THING! Ball bounced, picked it up to see if it was embedded, took relief. Same tournament, same exact circumstances. Can’t wait to see everyone call Rory a cheater now. Ready? Go!

Boom.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/farmers-insurance-open-why-rory-mcilroy-is-now-part-of-the-patrick-reed-rules-flap-and-how-he-helps-reed-cause/amp?__twitter_impression=true

According to the rule book, neither cheated. However, the circumstances were not the same.

If Reed had done what Rory did, I doubt seriously if there'd be much discussion about it. Reed DID NOT do what Rory did however. 

Rory's drop: As Rory approaches his ball it appears as though it is embedded. He alerts his playing competitor, marks the ball, lifts it, and asks for clarification regarding relief - one club length. Rory without hesitation, drops the ball mere inches from where he marked it and goes on about his business.

The rules clearly allow him to operate under what HE knows and believes to be true, he did not ask for information from outside sources, he never saw a replay - until well after the fact I'm sure.

Reed's drop: Before Reed can even see the lie he asks the volunteer if it bounced. He alerts his competitor, marks the ball, and lifts it. Here is where things are VASTLY DIFFERENT. When Reed lifts the ball, he continues to hold it in his HAND while asking for an official and poking around the supposed pitch mark.

The ball can be seen in his hand at the 26-second mark of the video linked below - immediately after he calls for an official and it is clear by the evidence that he actually picked the ball up sometime before that. Reed then spends the next 8-10 seconds standing over the pitch mark and feeling around - doing who knows what to the original lie. The ball remains in his hand - in the palm of his hand - until the 46-second mark when he places it some 5-ish feet away.

Then the official comes over and is asked to rule on a lie without a golf ball PRESENT which completely negates the point! Official agrees with Reed based on the information at hand which may or may not have been altered at this point - Reed's reputation really calls that into question BTW. Reed is provided relief and uses a full club-length to determine the most advantageous drop - well within his rights according to the rules.

I can't argue with the rules for an embedded ball, but I will absolutely argue about Reed's intentions and behavior regarding this particular situation. He's earned it. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Boom.

Reed is a complex individual....but he's got game for days and nobody can argue with that. Dude can flat out play.
If you're interested in some backstory I found this pretty good.
https://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/30/the-villain-patrick-reed/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

8 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

That is a really messed up thing to say.

"Messed up" is putting it far too politely. I am embarrassed that an MGS member would somehow think that was an appropriate thing to post here. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Boom.

I was going to post this - thanks. Even the broadcast team kept trying to poke at the topic after the rules officials weighed in.  Then, in his post event interview, someone in the press felt the need to pick the scab again... without mentioning the parallel with Rory (for obvious reasons). Double standards are indeed alive and well 🙄.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Can you guys not tell the difference between a bounce forward and a bounce in place? Too much visual information to take in?

If Reed's ball bounced forward (did not embed, impossible, Reed himself said so, not that it matters), then how did the 'pitch mark' get there?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

🥂

I think the issue that a lot of people have with Reed is his history. He had allegations against him at both Colleges he attended and has had several situations come up on the PGA tour. Where there is smoke, usually there is fire. All of these can't be oops, I didn't do that.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

...sad thing is the guy doesn't have to cheat to win. he's good enough to do it without causing any controversy.

he just seems to have this enormous chip on his shoulder that he can't let go of.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

18 minutes ago, Hamachi Style said:

Can you guys not tell the difference between a bounce forward and a bounce in place? Too much visual information to take in?

If Reed's ball bounced forward (did not embed, impossible, Reed himself said so, not that it matters), then how did the 'pitch mark' get there?

The same might be asked of Rory's ball.  I've seen video that seems to refute the idea that Rory's ball ended up in its original pitchmark, it appears to land a few feet away.  It is the bias of the viewer that says one guy cheated while the other guy was legitimately embedded.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Everyone can tell the difference between a bounce forward and a bounce in place. There's no need to try to insult people's intelligence because we've come to a different conclusion than you.

Reed's clearly bounced forward. No one can argue it didn't based on the video evidence. Rory's may have bounced in place but it may not have. The video angle is not conclusive enough to make a concrete statement either way.

That being said there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Reed, or even Rory, manipulated the ground themselves to obtain free relief. It is entirely possible that, on a soft golf course, both balls ended up in pitch-marks made by other players but given the circumstances it was reasonable for both Reed and Rory to assume the balls were embedded in their own pitch-mark. The rules are pretty clear on this.

To suggest either cheated in their respective situations is to engage in speculation with zero concrete evidence. And in Reed's case it is solely based on his reputation.

So unless you can prove definitively that Reed cheated, I suggest we all move on from this discussion.

869878071.jpeg