Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cleaning Golf Clubs

Try a little white vinegar and see what it does. Vinegar works well on glassware that gets spotted with hard water stains/ residue. It shouldn’t hurt the metal but start small and inconspicuous. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Tools not jewels...

I'll soak the bottom half of my golf towel to wipe them down after shots on course and top half to dry them. If I forgot, it's spit and the brash brush attached to my bag. I'll wash them in a bucket of soapy water once or twice a year if I am really bored. But, that is mostly to clean the grips. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 2/2/2021 at 11:08 PM, lshines said:

I used Simple Green on a 2003 Ford truck bumper to clean off tar and general dirt - the chrome started flaking right after that.  No, Ford wouldn't replace the bumper.  And the transmission crapped out at under 40k miles.  Don't use harsh cleaning soaps on chrome. 

The chrome was bad if that happened. Simple Green is biodegradable and environmentally safe. I doubt it can or will harm chrome.

I use soap and hot water on my clubs, and a soft plastic brush, like my wife's toothbrush, for example. 

The woods and hybrids are basically wiped off, no vigorious scrubbing of any kind.  

Sometimes I will use a groove cleaner to get the stuck-on crud out the grooves.   Use gently I might add.  

I use hot soapy water on the grips with a sponge pad about once every two weeks in the summer.     Except the putter grip, never clean the putter grip, like Al Bundy's grill.

I have black 2019 Calloway Apex Pros and only have 7 rounds with them, but I hit a ton of balls into my net from a mat. I notice the finish on them is wearing thin across the base but especially on the front edge. I would believe ur issue would be more likely caused by sandy soil or a golf mat before I would believe it was water. Now if u had permanent water spots in the chrome, that would scream hard water to me ... but not overall club dulling. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

31 minutes ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

I have black 2019 Calloway Apex Pros and only have 7 rounds with them, but I hit a ton of balls into my net from a mat. I notice the finish on them is wearing thin across the base but especially on the front edge. I would believe ur issue would be more likely caused by sandy soil or a golf mat before I would believe it was water. Now if u had permanent water spots in the chrome, that would scream hard water to me ... but not overall club dulling. 

I think the pictures speak for themselves. Looking at the chrome straight out of the box to how they fared down the line is questionable. Who knows what the true cause could really be

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I’m pretty sure those Cobras aren’t chromed. The purpose of chrome is to prevent rust on clubs made from soft carbon steel. The Cobras are made from stainless steel so no need for the expense of chrome. They are a high polish finish. I’ve never been a fan of high polish stainless. It always shows every little scratch and swirl and starts to look dull over time. Titleist and Callaway SGI irons are particular offenders. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 1/29/2021 at 7:26 PM, RollingGreens said:

I’ll be sure to let everyone else who has OCD “just embrace it”.  Make sure you bring a few C notes to the course😉  

image.gif

I am with you! Call it OCD or whatever, but I clean my clubs as I play and keep them looking new. Just the way I roll.....

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I don't really bother with actual "cleaning" of my clubs. I will soak them in a bucket of hot water and dish soap and wipe them dry about twice a year. Other than that.... I don't bother. They are a hunk of steel attached to a stick, used for hitting a little white ball. They are used in the dirt, sand and grass. Dirt is inevitable. I embrace it...lol.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, SlowNLow said:

I use soap and hot water on my clubs, and a soft plastic brush, like my wife's toothbrush, for example. 

The woods and hybrids are basically wiped off, no vigorious scrubbing of any kind.  

Sometimes I will use a groove cleaner to get the stuck-on crud out the grooves.   Use gently I might add.  

I use hot soapy water on the grips with a sponge pad about once every two weeks in the summer.     Except the putter grip, never clean the putter grip, like Al Bundy's grill.

So my question is...... what does your wife think when you use her toothbrush?  Is hers better than yours or you don't want that grimy toothbrush back in your mouth after cleaning?  🤣🤣🤣🤣     

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Actually, she has used mine on more digusting things.  

TMI

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD