Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Edison Wedges

revkev

Okay, hit 35 yard pitch shots with the 59 for half an hour today. I really started to get the feel of the club towards the end. Had nice control of the trajectory and had a real nice low check shot going - great spin.

Pitched in on my last shot and I knew it had a chance right off the club face.

I suspect we are going to be friends - now if I can get the other one to co-operate

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After watching the txg video on Edison wedges yesterday I am intrigued, but really they are a hard no for me at that price point. Still, I'm rooting for them to work for you. 

I think I'm going order the Costco wedges and see if I can bend them 2 degrees strong. 3 wedges for $170 has me more interested than 1 for $200. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

After watching the txg video on Edison wedges yesterday I am intrigued, but really they are a hard no for me at that price point. Still, I'm rooting for them to work for you. 
I think I'm going order the Costco wedges and see if I can bend them 2 degrees strong. 3 wedges for $170 has me more interested than 1 for $200. 

I hear you - I always receive gift cards from congregants for Christmas so that’s what I used them for.

Don’t sleep on Sub 70’s.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I hear you - I always receive gift cards from congregants for Christmas so that’s what I used them for.

Don’t sleep on Sub 70’s.

I'm currently using a Sub 70 wedge 👍

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

23 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Hmm. I’ll have to watch that

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I did get to the practice bunker for a bit yesterday. Nice results there - effortless outs that finished within shouting distance of my target - that’s a very good sign.

The thing that I won’t be able to test this time of year is out of thick rough.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I did get to the practice bunker for a bit yesterday. Nice results there - effortless outs that finished within shouting distance of my target - that’s a very good sign.

The thing that I won’t be able to test this time of year is out of thick rough.

Good bunker play is very important at the Bayou... I know!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just ordered my Edison wedges today.  I took the WedgeFit analysis, found I made an error and ended up working with Bill to get the best fit through a series of emails.  They were very responsive.  As an example, I emailed a question to Bill on Super Bowl Sunday thinking I'd get a response on Monday.  An hour later I had my response.  I was so impressed, I found Terry Koehler's email and wrote him 8:00 last night how impressed I was with their interactions.  True to form within an hour I got a response thanking me for the feedback.  

By the end of the week the wedges should be built and early next week on their way to Key West.  If I have anything to add to what has been already said, I'll pass it along.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

12 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

I just ordered my Edison wedges today.  I took the WedgeFit analysis, found I made an error and ended up working with Bill to get the best fit through a series of emails.  They were very responsive.  As an example, I emailed a question to Bill on Super Bowl Sunday thinking I'd get a response on Monday.  An hour later I had my response.  I was so impressed, I found Terry Koehler's email and wrote him 8:00 last night how impressed I was with their interactions.  True to form within an hour I got a response thanking me for the feedback.  

By the end of the week the wedges should be built and early next week on their way to Key West.  If I have anything to add to what has been already said, I'll pass it along.

Bill was great - we talked through everything before I placed my order - I also had the advantage of having played SCORs so he was able to match up my Edison equipment to those wedges.  What has surprised me is that these have not been as "easy to flight down" as I thought they might be.  I suspect that's because I already flight the SCORs down and I'm dealing with a replacement wedge that's two degrees weaker than the one it replaced - the 53 bent to 54 v. the 52 - 

I still need to find time to do a true gapping test though - just eye balling the wedge shots that I hit last Monday I honestly think that I hit the 52 too far - it was shorter than the Wilson 49 that comes as my gap wedge but not that much shorter - I will have to play with some of this yet.  I'm pumped to learn that my club is redoing our back driving range - all of us thought that they were pirating the grass for out on the course - it turns out that they are enlarging it and enhancing the short game area - it should be ready for use right after Easter.  They have a new strain of grass seed that they are planting out on the bare spots in a few of our fairways - that's awesome, too.

Good luck with your Edison's we will be happy to have you piggy back here.

Kenny is so right about needing to be a good sand player at my club - you also need to be good out of thick bermuda in the summer months and then have a nice touch for bump and runs this time of year - it's like having two different course.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got in a practice bunker this afternoon - hit 35 or 40 bunker shots and another bag full of 40 yard wedge shots with the 59.

I can really hit it high out of the trap and loved the sole/sand interaction. Reasonable distance control (I’m not a great trap player but I got all shots out and most on the green.)

Really hit a lot of nice pitch shots. Can’t wait to get some more practice time in on those.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Edison is now selling heads only as an option for $129. You have to call to order though.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Edison is now selling heads only as an option for $129. You have to call to order though.  Overall I've been pretty satisfied with mine.  May tweak the loft on the one - but I will wait until my season starts to see how they actually work on the course under a little pressure before I mess with that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, revkev said:

I think you are probably right in that they are comparing to other wedges but frankly most top line wedges are designed to launch the ball lower, I think and at nearly $200 a club that's Edison's target.  I was being kind, the weight of the shafts in both of my wedges are around 80 grams, I can't really speak to how each is tipped but I certainly "feel" the clubhead much better in the SCOR than the Edison - that may be part of an adjustment period though.  Right now I'm leaning towards calling them and saying I need to send the 53 back.  I suspect that I will develop a very nice relationship with the 59.  I've already hit some really good shots with it.  Wedges to me are always quirky, I've changed them far less than any club in the bag throughout my playing days, even putter and I've had my current putter four years, the one prior for 10 years, I'm simply reflecting that before those two it was the typical merry go round with the flat stick.  🙂

Looking at replacing my wedges and I'm down to these to sticking with Cleveland ZC raw. How is the 59 for pitching around the green? How about opening the face and trying to hit flop type shots. My concern is with the shape of the sole, does it allow you to open the face enough to play open face flop shots and sand shots?TIA

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve decided to purchase a set of these, can’t wait. It just makes too much sense what he’s saying, and with the reviews backing it up here and elsewhere, it seems silly to play something else unless you’re a pure striker.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, jroot327 said:

Looking at replacing my wedges and I'm down to these to sticking with Cleveland ZC raw. How is the 59 for pitching around the green? How about opening the face and trying to hit flop type shots. My concern is with the shape of the sole, does it allow you to open the face enough to play open face flop shots and sand shots?TIA

So sorry that I missed this - April has been a blur

there are no issues opening the face if you wish to hit flop shots. The V sole is different from a normal sand wedge - there’s no need to open the face in a trap - it’s one of the things that I liked best about my former wedges 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches