Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope // Strokes Gained

Has anyone dug into Shot Scope's new Strokes Gained feature?  I got an email on it today.  It uses PGA Tour pros as the benchmark, so I'm betting we all have shots lost!

I think this is what Arccos offers, right?  Arccos seems well established although I hear it does not play nice with Apple Watch. 

image.png.c71b14274c2f9cb1b68c7e2c884bfc49.png

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

Looks like they’re going to be following the style or analysis Arccos has implemented.  The one thing Arccos gives that this might not (at first anyway) is how your shots gained compare to various handicap levels.  It’s nice to see where you are gaining or losing strokes against your peer group which should be more meaningful for your improvement.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I keep toying with the idea of using Shot Scope, I used Arccos but it missed a lot of shots and there was too much editing after the round for me.

Is there a way to mark the actual pin location with shot scope? I would love to be able to accurately track proximity to the hole.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

From what I understand, it’s coming in phases. Right now it’s just enough for them to say they have strokes gained. If you’re familiar with Arccos or Golf Metrics platforms for strokes gained, this is nothing in comparison. It gives you strokes gained averages for the current season for driving, approach, short game, and putting vs a pro. The picture you see in their add is literally all you get right now.

I use shot scope and have been begging them to add strokes gained. I’ve been using Golf Metrics for strokes gained but it’s incredibly annoying to have to go back and manually enter every shot for every round. I can’t wait until they get it fully up and running, which they say should be this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep toying with the idea of using Shot Scope, I used Arccos but it missed a lot of shots and there was too much editing after the round for me.

Is there a way to mark the actual pin location with shot scope? I would love to be able to accurately track proximity to the hole.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Shot Scope requires you to press a button over the pin location to record it. If you use manual putt mode, you do the same for each putt. I find it fairly accurate that way. Editing is still a thing because their will be times it doesn’t pick up the location correctly but that’s just where the technology is at right now.

9 minutes ago, LeftyRM7 said:

From what I understand, it’s coming in phases. Right now it’s just enough for them to say they have strokes gained. If you’re familiar with Arccos or Golf Metrics platforms for strokes gained, this is nothing in comparison. It gives you strokes gained averages for the current season for driving, approach, short game, and putting vs a pro. The picture you see in their add is literally all you get right now.

I use shot scope and have been begging them to add strokes gained. I’ve been using Golf Metrics for strokes gained but it’s incredibly annoying to have to go back and manually enter every shot for every round. I can’t wait until they get it fully up and running, which they say should be this summer.

You are correct. More to come on it in the not distant future. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not pretty, but it gets the point across.  It took Arccos ages to roll out their latest update to the app, and they've been working on the web dashboard for a few months now.  So give them some time.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Glad to see more options coming available for people to be able to track and access strokes gained. I have tried Arccos (Never had a chance to try Shot Scope) but I found distance locations to just not be accurate enough. Now I just track distances and what lie I had on an extra scorecard and input them into an old spreadsheet I found and have since modded so I can track just about any variation of strokes gained I want

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• 4 months later...

The newest ShotScope app update also updated the strokes gain so you can choose different handicaps to compare against.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

The newest ShotScope app update also updated the strokes gain so you can choose different handicaps to compare against.

This is a nice update and I have noticed a number of updated to the app. One thing I think it misses a bit, is for me I play a tree lined course so many times it will classify the shot as rough, but really I can't go straight at the green and ending up near the green is the goal. I feel like that should cost a bit more on the tee shot and less on the approach. I have had rounds where I am hitting about 50% of the greens and still having approach play be the biggest negative in my game, and it seems like some of that is punch outs, and maybe I need to edit those first putts a bit more to make sure they more accurately reflect the distance.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3