Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG 2021 0211 Price Drop.... ALREADY?

So the PXG 2021 0211 irons came out the beginning of January, yesterday afternoon they dropped the price $15 per club so they’re now going for $94 per club if you order by phone.

My set shipped 4 hours earlier, and because of that instead of getting the difference back on my card, I got a $105 +tax credit which is good for 30 days.

I love their products and their pricing is the best out there right now throughout the 0211 line, but the way they handled this rubs me the wrong way. I don’t get why they would want to annoy those who were quick to jump on a new release. Lesson learned though, from now on I’m going to hold off on buying newly released product from them until at least the first price drop.

In related news, I’m now trying to decide what to do with the credit. I have a 0211 driver, a putter, 2 wedges, and a bag in my cart right now, lol, and have no idea which one to pull the trigger on.

That said,  trying to decide which PXG product to buy is the definition of a 1st world problem... 🙄

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

• Grand Stranded changed the title to PXG 2021 0211 Price Drop.... ALREADY?

So I got stung by the same bee. I bought the PXG Blackjack when it was first announced since it had an introductory discount. I jumped on it hoping to not miss out on the discount since it was like $100 or something. Imagine my dismay when I came back just a few months later to have it dropped by another $100. Selling for $299 with an MSRP of $525. Definitely bummed me out. Lesson learned with them is to wait for a little while and see what happens. Seems to be their new M.O. now.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

there’s products of all kinds that people buy then the go on sale after the person bought it. 

PXG isn’t screwing anyone by offering a sale a few weeks after a release. People want to be in on the new thing and buy when the product hits the shelves. Based on want they’ve done with the proto drivers of dropping and raising the price in the last month or so there’s going to be a deal had if someone wants to wait for them.

The gen2 irons were $149 a couple weeks ago now they are $129. Did they people that bought them at $149 get used by PXG. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

there’s products of all kinds that people buy then the go on sale after the person bought it. 

PXG isn’t screwing anyone by offering a sale a few weeks after a release. People want to be in on the new thing and buy when the product hits the shelves. Based on want they’ve done with the proto drivers of dropping and raising the price in the last month or so there’s going to be a deal had if someone wants to wait for them.

The gen2 irons were $149 a couple weeks ago now they are $129. Did they people that bought them at $149 get used by PXG. 

The point we are making is usually when a product goes on sale, it isn’t slashed a month later. That doesn’t usually happen (at least not that I’m aware) until special holidays or when a new product is going to be announced. With PXG and the recent track record, instead of buying right away it will be good for the second price drop that may or may not come within months of the product being released. 

17 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

The point we are making is usually when a product goes on sale, it isn’t slashed a month later. That doesn’t usually happen (at least not that I’m aware) until special holidays or when a new product is going to be announced. With PXG and the recent track record, instead of buying right away it will be good for the second price drop that may or may not come within months of the product being released. 

Doesn’t matter if it happens regularly or not with any product. Those who want a product when it’s released or when it first gets reduced are taking the risk that there may or may not be a prices drop in the future whether that be in two weeks, two months or two years.  You or any consumer made a conscious decision to buy at that moment. Obviously we all want to get the best deal possible. With any golf club if one wants the best price then they should wait til the end of the release cycle to get that club when. 

If it drops after purchase you didn’t get stung. As for the OP he raised a complaint with PXG and the compensated him for his dissatisfaction. Was it the compensation he wanted or hoped for? Doesn’t sound like it but they could have also said sorry we aren’t going to do anything for you.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

On 1/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

I get what you’re saying, but my set hasn’t even arrived yet.

if I had them and was playing them that would be a different story.

5 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

They did give you store credit for the difference which they didn’t have to do so I would say they went above and beyond. That speaks louder to me than anything. Instead of being upset something went on sale after you purchased it, be happy they provided a credit when they didn’t have to.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

Whether you have them or not isnt relevant. You made a decision to buy a product at a certain price in a consumer product category that 1) for most brands lose about 50% of their value once you pay for them 2) go on sale at different points in the year either around a holiday or the end of cycle. If you wanted the cheapest price you could have waited but you wanted the product at released.

If you bought a TV today and found it at a lower price tomorrow somewhere else you would take that ad to the store you bought to see if they would price match which most places would refund you the difference. In your case with PXG you did something similar except it was the same place you purchased from. They took your feedback into consideration and made a decision to take care of a customer by offering you a form of compensation. You just don’t like the solution and I’m sure if they offered you nothing you would have posted that they have terrible customer service for ripping you off on price and not doing anything about it.

You say you are going to hold on purchasing anything else from the until the first price drop. What if that doesn’t come for a year or two. The gen3 irons were $425 for awhile after release. They dropped slightly sometime last year and then had a drop late in the year to $249. Then the other day they dropped to $199. The guys that bought at $249 probably weren’t expecting to see a $50 drop to start the year. Should they guys who bought Monday at $249 be pissed that they wouldn’t get a $50/club refund if they were offered a store credit of some value. What about the ones that wanted the proto driver when it was made available to the public at $375 then a couple weeks later it was $345 then a few weeks later it was $325. 

I jumped on the gen3 at $199 today because it’s a good price. Yes I’m taking a chance that they could go down again at some point and possible before I even get to put mine in plane after the winter. But they may not go down anymore even when their next generation of the 0311 come out. Why did I buy now and not wait to see? Because like those who bought the 0211 when they came out I wants them at a great value.

I guess I’m wrong. I’ll move on. 

1 minute ago, PeterHenric said:

I guess I’m wrong. I’ll move on. 

You and the OP lost $0 in your purchase.

you bough a product at a price you found acceptable. They discounted it later on. If the price wasn’t acceptable to you at the time of purchase you shouldn’t have paid for it. In your case it was months later. That’s like buying driver from one of the big names brands in October at $50 off then when they drop the price in January because it’s not the previous year model being upset they discounted it more.

in the case of the op he paid for the clubs. It takes pxg about a week or so to build and ship clubs based on my recent purchases of a driver and hybrid. So he paid for them and by the time they were shipped the purchase cleared the account used to buy them. So he’s accepted it cost him X for the clubs. A weeK or later they dropped in price  that happened to be on the same day his shipped. Again at this point he’s lost $0 because he was fine with the price for the clubs and it was money already spent. He calls to raise an issue that he hasn’t received a product yet and now it’s been discounted. They give him $105 to spend on more of their product. So he’s now +$105 in His dealings with the company.

@RickyBobby_PR Spare me the Retail and Marketing  lesson.

I’ve  been playing golf for quite a few years, and I can’t think of another instance when a company dropped the price of an iron set 3 weeks after it’s release date, can you?

BTW have you ever heard of a price protection policy? I have, Callaway Preowned and most retailers have. Don’t make it seem like I or anyone else who hasn’t even received the product is out of line for not being happy about PXGs policy, and don’t  compare your purchase of a discounted product that’s been out over a year with a club that is so new to the market. You are talking apples to oranges.

As for the &105 credit, yeah that’s great, lol.

They gave me 30 days to purchase something I don’t need that will cost $30 to ship for one club, $60 for 2 or more, and good luck finding  a PXG club that costs $105, because even if I wanted to buy a $99  0211 SW with the credit, I can’t. I have to spend the full amount or more, otherwise the credit is no good.

I have been toying with buying some 0211 irons for awhile, I think I’m going to try and schedule a fitting soon.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm kind of on the other side on this one.  I had been looking at the 0317 Gen 2 Hybrid 22* and was going to suggest it to my wife and daughters for my Bday present.  Then a couple days later they are SOLD OUT !  So bummed I didn't pull the trigger earlier as they were a great price at $135, and the MMT shaft I wanted was no upcharge. 😭

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

They gave me 30 days to purchase something I don’t need that will cost $30 to ship for one club, $60 for 2 or more, and good luck finding  a PXG club that costs $105, because even if I wanted to buy a $99  0211 SW with the credit, I can’t. I have to spend the full amount or more, otherwise the credit is no good.

I think your focusing on the negative(I personally don’t believe it is one) instead of the positive. PXG didn’t have to give you ANYTHING. PXG chose to give you store credit because they appreciate the fact that you purchased their product. 

While a refund would have been great of them, the store credit is still better than nothing.

Since you don’t need anything, Is it possible to try to sell the store credit to get some of your money back?

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I think your focusing on the negative(I personally don’t believe it is one) instead of the positive. PXG didn’t have to give you ANYTHING. PXG chose to give you store credit because they appreciate the fact that you purchased their product. 

While a refund would have been great of them, the store credit is still better than nothing.

Since you don’t need anything, Is it possible to try to sell the store credit to get some of your money back?

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel like this Is the end of the world. What I’m saying is every other time I’ve placed an order and the item dropped in price before I received it, the company I bought from was quick to make a price adjustment.

I hate to keep harping on this point, but the fact that these irons were only introduced 3 weeks ago is what bothers me most. If I had played them even once I wouldn’t even care probably.

As to your point about selling the credit? Yes, I’m trying to, but I have a 30 day window to find someone interested in a PXG product, then I have to be the one who orders it because the “credit” is actually a note on my order history, it’s not something I can transfer to someone else.

7 hours ago, Tom D. said:

I'm kind of on the other side on this one.  I had been looking at the 0317 Gen 2 Hybrid 22* and was going to suggest it to my wife and daughters for my Bday present.  Then a couple days later they are SOLD OUT !  So bummed I didn't pull the trigger earlier as they were a great price at $135, and the MMT shaft I wanted was no upcharge. 😭

Funny you mention that.

When I placed my order, the customer service rep couldn’t have been nicer, or more helpful. We discussed the option of hybrids (I was leery of ordering a 25* to replace a 21* 5 iron) and also discussed those same fairway woods you mentioned. At $129 and $149 they were fantastic deals.

On the website it said only the 3 wood was available, but he said, no, they did have the 5 and 7 available in small quantities. He was very low pressure though, and told me why not wait until my irons came, figure out my yardage’s with them, and then come back and buy them. They’d still be there in LH.

So when I got this credit, I called him and was going to order the 5 wood for $149. He couldn’t believe it when he saw they were now $429 5 days later, lol.

I hate to keep harping on this point, but the fact that these irons were only introduced 3 weeks ago is what bothers me most. If I had played them even once I wouldn’t even care probably

I get that them being released 3 weeks ago seems to be a hang up for you but it should have no bearing on anything. If you purchased something off of the BST and 30 minutes later somebody posted the exact same club in better condition for $40 less are you gonna message the guy you purchased from and want to renegotiate?  It is the same thing. Just because PXG is a huge business and the bst guy isn’t doesn’t change anything. You agreed to purchase at a price so if you are upset or slighted in anyway it should be at yourself not the seller. 

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel like this Is the end of the world. What I’m saying is every other time I’ve placed an order and the item dropped in price before I received it, the company I bought from was quick to make a price adjustment.

The fact that other companies have done it the way your prefer also means nothing. PXG was QUICK and DID give you the price adjustment. Just not in the way you were hoping for. 

For the record I ordered the 0211 driver at $295 and it is now $279. Do I wish I would have waited, absolutely but I’m not blaming PXG for it. It was MY choice to order at the price it was listed for. 

Edit to say it is now $249. That is a great bargain. 

56 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

For the record I ordered the 0211 driver at $295 and it is now $279. Do I wish I would have waited, absolutely but I’m not blaming PXG for it. It was MY choice to order at the price it was listed for. 

Exactly. I’m taking a chance that the 0311 irons don’t drop especially in the near term but I also didn’t want to chance that they go back up and end up costing me more. We take that calculated risk based on what we deem to be acceptable at that moment.

I bought the gen2 hybrid when it dropped to $135 and had I waited another two weeks hoping they dropped again I would have lost out because they were sold out along with the gen2 fw so I didn’t even have another high lofted option 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Exactly. I’m taking a chance that the 0311 irons don’t drop especially in the near term but I also didn’t want to chance that they go back up and end up costing me more. We take that calculated risk based on what we deem to be acceptable at that moment.

I bought the gen2 hybrid when it dropped to $135 and had I waited another two weeks hoping they dropped again I would have lost out because they were sold out along with the gen2 fw so I didn’t even have another high lofted option 

I completely agree. I in no way feel slighted even though I don’t have my 0211 driver in hand yet and it is almost $50 cheaper now. I will call in tomorrow to see if they can offer me the price adjustment to maybe pick up a 0211 hybrid or fairway but if I’m told no, I can live with that. 

This thread is really making me want to buy one... Kinda a good thing that all our shops our closed and can't find them shipping one here to Switzerland to not jump on a impulse. Only another month or two till courses are open!!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I get that them being released 3 weeks ago seems to be a hang up for you but it should have no bearing on anything. If you purchased something off of the BST and 30 minutes later somebody posted the exact same club in better condition for $40 less are you gonna message the guy you purchased from and want to renegotiate?  It is the same thing. Just because PXG is a huge business and the bst guy isn’t doesn’t change anything. You agreed to purchase at a price so if you are upset or slighted in anyway it should be at yourself not the seller. 

The fact that other companies have done it the way your prefer also means nothing. PXG was QUICK and DID give you the price adjustment. Just not in the way you were hoping for. 

Edit to say it is now $249. That is a great bargain. 

Ya bending able to upgrade to a ventus for total of $549 is almost a steal. Damn I don’t need more clubs... 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

7 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

This thread is really making me want to buy one... Kinda a good thing that all our shops our closed and can't find them shipping one here to Switzerland to not jump on a impulse. Only another month or two till courses are open!!

Not to try to push you over the edge but they do offer international shipping you just have to call and talk to a representative. 

1EF5FFA4-FB83-4BF3-B778-6382959603A9.gif

Not to try to push you over the edge but they do offer international shipping you just have to call and talk to a representative. 

1EF5FFA4-FB83-4BF3-B778-6382959603A9.gif

I called them from Canada and they said they only deal through local partners - and the sales advisor told me explicitly that they don’t ship internationally to regular folks like me - I was bummed given the club deals - you can’t believe how much it can cost to get those clubs in my grubby hands here when going though the local channels ....

Edited by golferguy27

Okay, so the irons came today... on a Sunday???

Theyre beautiful, and I hit them really well this afternoon in the local PGASS. (It’s pouring rain outside)

Suddenly I don’t care about the $105. I have new clubs!!! Yay me!!!

I will note that I checked a local shop online site near me and maybe its a promo or something, but the new SIM2 is discounted 30CHF which is about 50 CAD or 35US. New trend?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I purchased the 0311 Gen 2 irons in July when the first went on sale.  It was the first time PXG became affordable to me.  We all know that since then the price has dropped substantially but I don't regret it one minute.  They are the best irons I've hit.

The only problem I struggle with now is whether I should buy another set to store away because of the current pricing.  Easy decision for me but my wife would string me up.

Long story short, if you like them as much as I do the few hundred dollars savings won't bother you.