PXG 2021 0211 Price Drop.... ALREADY?

Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Exactly. I’m taking a chance that the 0311 irons don’t drop especially in the near term but I also didn’t want to chance that they go back up and end up costing me more. We take that calculated risk based on what we deem to be acceptable at that moment.

I bought the gen2 hybrid when it dropped to $135 and had I waited another two weeks hoping they dropped again I would have lost out because they were sold out along with the gen2 fw so I didn’t even have another high lofted option 

I completely agree. I in no way feel slighted even though I don’t have my 0211 driver in hand yet and it is almost $50 cheaper now. I will call in tomorrow to see if they can offer me the price adjustment to maybe pick up a 0211 hybrid or fairway but if I’m told no, I can live with that. 

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

This thread is really making me want to buy one... Kinda a good thing that all our shops our closed and can't find them shipping one here to Switzerland to not jump on a impulse. Only another month or two till courses are open!!

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I get that them being released 3 weeks ago seems to be a hang up for you but it should have no bearing on anything. If you purchased something off of the BST and 30 minutes later somebody posted the exact same club in better condition for $40 less are you gonna message the guy you purchased from and want to renegotiate?  It is the same thing. Just because PXG is a huge business and the bst guy isn’t doesn’t change anything. You agreed to purchase at a price so if you are upset or slighted in anyway it should be at yourself not the seller. 

The fact that other companies have done it the way your prefer also means nothing. PXG was QUICK and DID give you the price adjustment. Just not in the way you were hoping for. 

For the record I ordered the 0211 driver at $295 and it is now $279. Do I wish I would have waited, absolutely but I’m not blaming PXG for it. It was MY choice to order at the price it was listed for. 

Edit to say it is now $249. That is a great bargain. 

Ya bending able to upgrade to a ventus for total of $549 is almost a steal. Damn I don’t need more clubs... 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

7 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

This thread is really making me want to buy one... Kinda a good thing that all our shops our closed and can't find them shipping one here to Switzerland to not jump on a impulse. Only another month or two till courses are open!!

Not to try to push you over the edge but they do offer international shipping you just have to call and talk to a representative. 

1EF5FFA4-FB83-4BF3-B778-6382959603A9.gif

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Not to try to push you over the edge but they do offer international shipping you just have to call and talk to a representative. 

1EF5FFA4-FB83-4BF3-B778-6382959603A9.gif

I called them from Canada and they said they only deal through local partners - and the sales advisor told me explicitly that they don’t ship internationally to regular folks like me - I was bummed given the club deals - you can’t believe how much it can cost to get those clubs in my grubby hands here when going though the local channels ....

Edited by golferguy27

Okay, so the irons came today... on a Sunday???

Theyre beautiful, and I hit them really well this afternoon in the local PGASS. (It’s pouring rain outside)

Suddenly I don’t care about the $105. I have new clubs!!! Yay me!!!

• Like 2

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

I will note that I checked a local shop online site near me and maybe its a promo or something, but the new SIM2 is discounted 30CHF which is about 50 CAD or 35US. New trend?

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

I purchased the 0311 Gen 2 irons in July when the first went on sale.  It was the first time PXG became affordable to me.  We all know that since then the price has dropped substantially but I don't regret it one minute.  They are the best irons I've hit.

The only problem I struggle with now is whether I should buy another set to store away because of the current pricing.  Easy decision for me but my wife would string me up.

Long story short, if you like them as much as I do the few hundred dollars savings won't bother you.

• Like 1