rowjow

Which irons?

Currently gaming adams a7 irons and like them a lot but i'm ready for an upgrade. Need to switch into stiff shafts and also would like a 4i as oppose to a hybrid. So i'm an 11 handicap but just hit a rough patch, before this i was playing regularly between 6 to 8 handicap. Decent ball striker and i'm looking at the titleist ap2, ping s56, mizuno mp63 or taylormade mc's (4-pw) and then an r11, 910 or an adams 3 hybrid.

Any opninions or what other clubs to looks at would be great!

It's all about preference honestly. The S56's (the ones i game) are more of a blade. And if you don't hit it consistently, they aren't the club for you. An offcenter shot will lose about 10-15 yards. If you're looking for a little hit of forgiveness, you could go with the ap2's. The 910 hybrids are absolute beasts by the way.

cool, just got r11 driver but the 910 woods look sleek just didnt like the driver, really like the look of the ap2s but im not sure whether to wait for the 712s if i go for them..

I'm a similar handicap to you (currently a 6 but usually start the season as a 10 or so and work my way down) and I'm looking at the Adams CB1/CB2/A12 Pro, the Mizuno MP-58 and MP-59, and the Titleist AP2s as well. Of course, I've been looking for a while, demoed and hit a bunch of clubs, and nothing has unseated my Cleveland Reds.

I recently experimented with some TaylorMade TP MBs and did not get the results I was looking for with them and I also consider myself to be a pretty decent ball striker.

Its all about what suits your eye and what gives you the best results

Testing is a great pain for me as I get large amounts of discount at direct golf so I dont buy clubs direct.

I'm an 11 handicapper and hit the ball steady and think upgrading to stiff shafts will help. Just wondering which irons you guys think will suit me best with a high ball flight.

Titleist AP2

Adams Idea Pro A12

Taylormade MC

Mizuno MP63

Mizuno MP53

Nike VR Pro Combo

Thanks again :P

You might want to take a step back and look at the r9 tps. a very underrated club that functions both as a players iron, while offering forgiveness as well...

a 910 D2 or adams driver if you don't care about adjustability should also fit the bill

If you ever run across a set of Nickent 4DX Pro forged irons with the Nippon 1180GH shafts for $200 or less, grab 'em. Very high quality and under-appreciated clubs that won't break the bank for experimentation purposes and would be more than serviceable as a back-up set at the very least.

i dont think the standard version for the R11 hybrid would be suitable for u, i curently use the r11s standard version in the stiffs and i hit the ball pretty high.the tp shaft might be a little better if u swing fast

Testing is a great pain for me as I get large amounts of discount at direct golf so I dont buy clubs direct.

I'm an 11 handicapper and hit the ball steady and think upgrading to stiff shafts will help. Just wondering which irons you guys think will suit me best with a high ball flight.

Titleist AP2

Adams Idea Pro A12

Taylormade MC

Mizuno MP63

Mizuno MP53

Nike VR Pro Combo

Thanks again :P

If you flight the ball high, and are looking to drop it down, from this list, I would pick the MP63, followed by the A12 with Project X shafts...

I'm R11 driver through PW, lots of it tour issued (3 wood, irons). The driver and Rescue11 are TP models. Couldn't be happier, to be honest. Hit the R11 irons with the C-Tapers for the first time tonight. Going back tomorrow to verify, but if the numbers are right, these are the longest irons I've ever owned (and my first ever set of TMag irons). I hit every club in the bag (and still want to double check lie angles and distances) and the 5 iron is the longest iron I carry. I hit the 5 iron 231 yards, carry, as my average. I've NEVER hit a 5 iron that far, ever. I'm impressed, to say the least.

I just can't really imagine buying a set of irons without hitting them! For me, 1/2 the fun is deciding what I want, which is a laborious and joyful process!

Im going to test them its just I dont want to hit like 6 irons as I dont buy in the shops because I get discount through a friend who works in the warehouse at direct golf.

Thats awesome! Sergio Garcia hits his 2-iron 235 yards!??

Jaime Sadlowski hits his 6 iron 260. And that's a standard loft iron. I went back and verified my numbers on a different machine and they were more realistic (the first ones were in a store that jacks their numbers up). On the Trackman, the numbers were more real, with the 5 iron being 209 yards of carry on average. I'm thinking about bending the lofts weaker, as I'd like for the 5 iron to be a 200 yard club and gap from there.

Narrowed it down and got prices..

Titleist AP2 at £500

Taylormade MB at £450

Mizuno MP63 at £500

I'm assuming those are 710 AP2's, which are about to be replaced with the 712's and are an outgoing model which should be discounted, as are the 63's. All 3 are fairly high when converting from British Pounds Sterling to the US Dollar. If you're not in a hurry to get them, as I'm assuming you're overseas, you could save a BUNCH of money buying in the US and having them shipped to you. You could get those AP2's a LOT cheaper ordering here, as well as the MB's and 63's. Those prices are uber high for what we'd pay. Even with the additional money to ship, they'd come in well under what you'd pay there for them. Another thing about the choices you have, the most harsh feeling of the 3 are the AP2's, to me. The MP's will be the softest, and best feeling, and the MB's are between them, more toward the Mizuno side on feel. I wasn't a fan of the AP2's at all when I hit them on 3 occasions. The other two I liked a lot, and the Mizzy's felt like butter. If you can, hit all 3 side by side before deciding.

Like I said, if you're not in a hurry, check with some US companies. One place I'd start would be Discount Dan's Golf. You'd have to call for prices on the clubs, as they don't publish them on their site, but they're gonna beat those prices by close to $200, US, which would be 128 pounds or so cheaper. I'm not sure on what they'd charge shipping, as they offer free shipping within the US. You can get in touch with them via phone toll free at 1-877-738-5248. I'd honestly give them a call before pulling the trigger on anything, cause those prices made me gasp when I saw them(and I'm not shocked by many equipment prices). The good thing is that you'd be able to order them to your specs when ordering from them.