Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

lack of candor among pga tour media

50 minutes ago, Lester Shapiro said:

...and so should you.  

Nope.

Sorry; you’re certainly entitled to your own values and opinions, and the great thing about MGS is you’ll find they are at least respected even when not agreed with.  But, I can say with a high degree of confidence that you are very much in the minority on this one.

When Tiger won the Masters in ‘19, I have to admit that I damn near cried, and I’ll bet among this group I’m not alone in that....I think we witnessed the greatest comeback in sports history.  I was stirred by the accomplishment, and how much money he won had absolutely nothing to do with it...never crossed my mind.  For another example, when DJ 3-putted at Chambers Bay to lose the US Open to Spieth, what was everyone’s reaction?  I’m certain it was along the lines of “Wow, he just three putted to lose the US Open,” not “Wow, he just lost several hundred thousand dollars.” Frankly, I’d feel bad for anyone whose enjoyment of a sporting event depended on their understanding of the monetary value of it.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

10 hours ago, Lester Shapiro said:

I  want to be told in real time to the fullest extent possible, and so should you.  

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, Lester Shapiro said:

I  want to be told in real time to the fullest extent possible, and so should you.

10 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are the only one who cares what the pros make or lose during a tournament. It’s irrelevant to the large golfing viewership.

OK, you're both wrong.  First, @Lester Shapiro, you shouldn't be telling ME what I should want.  Its a personal choice, and I'm fine not knowing.  On the other hand, I'm absolutely certain that you're not the only one who would prefer to hear more about the money implications of each shot.  So don't complain here, write to the networks, or to the PGA Tour, or on the facebook or twitter pages of those entities.  But also be prepared to be ignored, they've made specific choices based on marketing strategies.  As I've said, by emphasizing the money, they risk turning off viewers who don't want to be reminded of how "rich" these players are, compared to themselves.  Its only a guess, but the ones most likely to be turned off are more likely to be the "fringe" viewers, not the golf fanatics.  The networks know the fanatics will watch, no matter what the announcers talk about, they're most interested in the "fringe" viewers. 

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

OK, you're both wrong.  First, @Lester Shapiro, you shouldn't be telling ME what I should want.  Its a personal choice, and I'm fine not knowing.  On the other hand, I'm absolutely certain that you're not the only one who would prefer to hear more about the money implications of each shot.  So don't complain here, write to the networks, or to the PGA Tour, or on the facebook or twitter pages of those entities.  But also be prepared to be ignored, they've made specific choices based on marketing strategies.  As I've said, by emphasizing the money, they risk turning off viewers who don't want to be reminded of how "rich" these players are, compared to themselves.  Its only a guess, but the ones most likely to be turned off are more likely to be the "fringe" viewers, not the golf fanatics.  The networks know the fanatics will watch, no matter what the announcers talk about, they're most interested in the "fringe" viewers. 

giphy.gif.e0519057db3d757eebf772f1dfbeb5a2.gif

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: