Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Rick Shiels Recent Video = So Important! and Thank you MGS!

azstu324

Great post Stu.

Some good reminders that we all are suffering at different levels during this whole thing, but yet we all have one place we can come to as often as we like or time permits to take our mind of some of the not so happy things going on.   And talk about this cray game that we love or as you said, a myriad of other things.

Also good message in that video from Rick.   Like you i don't watch him as much as I used to.  But it's a good thing he's trying to get started

Hope you are staying safe!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

So recently I posted a comment in the "YouTube go to club guy" thread about how Rick Shiels has kind of fallen off my list of "go-to" YouTube guys simply because his more recent stuff isn't quite my flavor. I didn't say I've written him off for good or that I refuse to watch his stuff. I'm still subscribed to his channel and do watch his videos, but just less frequently than I used to. 

All that said, this is a video that recently popped up that I feel needs to be shared. Rick hit everything on the head with the subject of the video. Golf really is the perfect storm of social, mental, and physical exercise/improvement and with the recent events throughout the world surrounding COVID-19, it's super important that we all stay mindful of how other golf communities are being impacted. Speaking for only myself, but when I'm done playing a round, I'm completely fulfilled. In the space of 4 hrs, I'm able to get my physical activity, a decent meal, social time with a close friend or family member (or even make a new friend), mental exercise, and even some sort of personal therapy and even counseling. These are all of the ingredients known to be healthy for us as humans and the more often we're able to play, the more we're able to address many of our needs in one sitting. 

This really made me think about those around the world who've lost a good part of their sense of belonging and community that golf provides, and how as members of MGS, how lucky we all are that we have this community to check into on a daily basis. We have a place to share those ups and downs with people who genuinely care. We come here not only to talk about golf but pretty much everything else there is that we'd normally discuss on the golf course.. Work, family, hobbies, relationships, personal situations.. you name it and a thread has been created here for it. We might not be sharing a golf cart, but we still share many common bonds that make us all human, and the ability to discuss those common bonds with other humans is what helps keep us in a healthy mental space.. and for that I thank MGS for providing a place for us all to do that during this time.  

While golf in general has hit a major hurdle around the world, some of us are still able to play and practice frequently and it's easy for us to take for granted what we're not forced to miss out on when many others are unable to play. I just realized how absolutely lucky I am that the game hasn't been taken away from me (yet). To those out there who have been forced to put your clubs up for the time being, and have the MGS community to lean on, please do your best to let others know that there is a place (MGS) that they can use to fill a part of the space until your courses open back up. For those of us who still have the game in our lives, we can do our part by welcoming new folks in with open arms. 

Everybody be safe out there! 

Have to say, i watched this when it launched.  I'm frankly shocked we haven't seen more of this.  

Personally, I think this is a great challenge and absolutely is something I would love to see everyone participate in.  Mental Health is such a poorly attended too part of our overall physical health.  The stigma is frankly just terrible that you shouldn't focus on this.  I'm very thankful that Rick brought this into the light for his followers and fully support his efforts. 

We take for granted those little conversation, laughs, beers and time together so much.  Those are what define us and keep us going each and every day.  With the lack of having this as part of our "normal" life the effects are absolutely terrible.  

So, I'll definitely be joining Rick's efforts for February.  Take some time not only to do the same, but check in on your friends and family members.  A little call to at the very least let them know you're thinking about them.  You could certainly bright not only their day but yours as well. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

7 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Brotha, I see nothing wrong with what you were saying and the heart of the message!  The only thing I would take exception too, (And not even really exception too it frankly) cause this is how I feel / operate, God isn't out of my life!  I still say God Bless unapologetically.  And I think anyone who believes in our lord and savior should do the same.  If people get offended, I offer them that is a YOU issue not a ME issue.  The Government wont take that out of my vocabulary for sure. 

We've for far too long been offended for everyone else being offended.  We've stifled the way we interact, the words we choose, the places like Church being shuttered, the personas that we let people see and a whole host of other things for fear we could hurt someone's feelings and or even worse be Cancel Cultured ourselves. Sad, but people just line up to do so without questioning why. 

I guess what I would say is this.  I don't believe anyone needs to push God or the virtues of Christianity on anyone.  God will put in their heart what is right at exactly the right point in time.  Doesn't mean that I wish he would put in a whole lot more peoples heart a heck of a lot sooner frankly though.  As you pointed out, we should operate and navigate our lives with Compassion, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness and Self Control.  Sadly, it would seem that so many are quick to stave off an acceptance of this and replace it with some self-righteous condemnation of others because they're not happy with themselves in some way shape or form.  

So no, I don't think you in anyway said much wrong there or should be "cancelled" for anything you said.  I for one would support it completely and loved to read it.  Oh wait, maybe they'll take us both out! 🤣 Just kidding.  

Peace to you brotha!  God bless. 

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

You are only social in their eyes if you are saying what they want to hear. If they disagree with your thoughts, you are a bad person!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Man.. I'm really struggling to understand how this served any necessary purpose for the group.. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I work in the construction business, and I talk to pipe fitters and others who are working on jobsites practically every day. I typically end a phone conversation with "Be Safe".  It's a reminder that we work in a sometimes dangerous environment, and that you should pay attention to what's going on around you #1, and that I care, #2.

/rant over.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

2 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I work in the construction business, and I talk to pipe fitters and others who are working on jobsites practically every day. I typically end a phone conversation with "Be Safe".  It's a reminder that we work in a sometimes dangerous environment, and that you should pay attention to what's going on around you #1, and that I care, #2.

/rant over.

Interesting you say that.. My Dad runs an MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) Instruction and recertification company and has for 30+ years. You think I heard the words "be safe" a few thousand times in my life? and still do.. and every time he says it I know he means it. I could never have imagined that those words could be the root of such contentious backlash.. Still trying to figure this out. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

24 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Interesting you say that.. My Dad runs an MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) Instruction and recertification company and has for 30+ years. You think I heard the words "be safe" a few thousand times in my life? and still do.. and every time he says it I know he means it. I could never have imagined that those words could be the root of such contentious backlash.. Still trying to figure this out. 

100% here. 

I think the issue for some people that take exception or say things as you were eluding too is understanding that words sometimes have two meanings - and they don't always mean bad or meaningless things. 

Be Safe is something to me, at least, that is completely acceptable to say.  It's much the same as some people saying Be Good, Take Care, or Safe Travels.  One could look at that and pick it apart, I suppose as was done previously.  I think I just look at the root why people say the things they do, especially on posts in here, and try to understand where they are coming from.  May have been misguided in that post that you were figure out, I guess.  But at the heart of all messages like this I find it's a way of departing from another and definitely always better to say something than nothing at all. 

Being around a lot of folks that work in the construction business I have heard that same thing a million times.  Heck my grandfather would always alternate from god bless to be safe or be good.  So totally get it. 

Enjoyed your perspective and that of @MGoBlue100

BNewt51

I have been saying for years that golf is my “escape” if gives me a mental break from life. I can step onto the tee box and all my troubles go away for 3-5 hours. I get some moderate physical exercise and get to hang out with my buddies and have a beer or six.

When I don’t get to play for a prolonged period of time I can tell the difference in my stress level.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

4 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

100% here. 

I think the issue for some people that take exception or say things as you were eluding too is understanding that words sometimes have two meanings - and they don't always mean bad or meaningless things. 

Be Safe is something to me, at least, that is completely acceptable to say.  It's much the same as some people saying Be Good, Take Care, or Safe Travels.  One could look at that and pick it apart, I suppose as was done previously.  I think I just look at the root why people say the things they do, especially on posts in here, and try to understand where they are coming from.  May have been misguided in that post that you were figure out, I guess.  But at the heart of all messages like this I find it's a way of departing from another and definitely always better to say something than nothing at all. 

Being around a lot of folks that work in the construction business I have heard that same thing a million times.  Heck my grandfather would always alternate from god bless to be safe or be good.  So totally get it. 

Enjoyed your perspective and that of @MGoBlue100

Thx man! appreciate the words. I guess for me it's always intent over content. Sure we're not all going to say things exactly the way that someone else would say or in the same way.. how could that even be expected of anybody? In no way did I or anyone else who uses that phrase intend to state "if you don't heed to my words, you're sure to meet your impending doom". It's a positive exit phrase. It says "I care". and I truly do. Like you stated, there are 101 polite departure phrases that we can choose to use or not and it's just as easy to say something than nothing at all and are only meant to bring positivity to the other side of the conversation. And given the subject matter and current state of the world, I felt that "be safe" was a thoughtful choice. 

I only hope that the intent of my post can just be taken as intended. An "I care" awareness message that I learned something important from and just meant to pass it along. 🙂 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

24 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Thx man! appreciate the words. I guess for me it's always intent over content. Sure we're not all going to say things exactly the way that someone else would say or in the same way.. how could that even be expected of anybody? In no way did I or anyone else who uses that phrase intend to state "if you don't heed to my words, you're sure to meet your impending doom". It's a positive exit phrase. It says "I care". and I truly do. Like you stated, there are 101 polite departure phrases that we can choose to use or not and it's just as easy to say something than nothing at all and are only meant to bring positivity to the other side of the conversation. And given the subject matter and current state of the world, I felt that "be safe" was a thoughtful choice. 

I only hope that the intent of my post can just be taken as intended. An "I care" awareness message that I learned something important from and just meant to pass it along. 🙂 

Absolutely!  Well said. 

BNewt51

Thank you for posting this [mention=76102]azstu324[/mention], I think that was a great video and message from Rick. Golf is, to me, a way of decompressing from the rigors of normal life. Most of the time, especially here lately, I play a lot by myself. I will on occasion be fortunate enough to have my wife join me and I thoroughly enjoy having her along to talk to, laugh with, and just smile because I'm blessed to have her. 
Years ago, I lost my step father and a friend of mine took me to play to get my mind off his passing. I played a round in memory of that friend when he unexpectedly passed three years ago and thought of all the good times we had together. Over the years, I've played rounds for mom, dad, my brother, and grandmother and it's helped me through some of the toughest times of my life. 
I'm thankful to have all of you as a community to come to and talk golf and just life itself. We sometimes forget how important it is to have the support and encouragement of a community when life goes sideways. 
Beautiful and inspiring man. Thx for the share!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Man.. I'm really struggling to understand how this served any necessary purpose for the group.. 

it didn’t and it is and will be handled 

it didn’t and it is and will be handled 
Thx Rob. That was definitely not the vibe I was going for with this thread. Much appreciated brada.

Hope you're doing well man!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

12 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Thx Rob. That was definitely not the vibe I was going for with this thread. Much appreciated brada.

Hope you're doing well man!

I know it wasn’t.  No worries at all 

I only hope that the intent of my post can just be taken as intended. An "I care" awareness message that I learned something important from and just meant to pass it along.  
Recently I have adopted what my father-in-law uses and end a lot of conversations with "be well". To the point that lots have made as well golf is a release from what ails me (even though sometimes it seem golf is what ails me haha). There is a reason I am so much happier in the summer time because there is more ability to golf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Pretty awesome stuff there. Mental health is pretty close to me with military friends that struggled/are struggling and family that have had their bouts. Important stuff thanks for the share

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Brotha, I see nothing wrong with what you were saying and the heart of the message!  The only thing I would take exception too, (And not even really exception too it frankly) cause this is how I feel / operate, God isn't out of my life!  I still say God Bless unapologetically.  And I think anyone who believes in our lord and savior should do the same.  If people get offended, I offer them that is a YOU issue not a ME issue.  The Government wont take that out of my vocabulary for sure. 
We've for far too long been offended for everyone else being offended.  We've stifled the way we interact, the words we choose, the places like Church being shuttered, the personas that we let people see and a whole host of other things for fear we could hurt someone's feelings and or even worse be Cancel Cultured ourselves. Sad, but people just line up to do so without questioning why. 
I guess what I would say is this.  I don't believe anyone needs to push God or the virtues of Christianity on anyone.  God will put in their heart what is right at exactly the right point in time.  Doesn't mean that I wish he would put in a whole lot more peoples heart a heck of a lot sooner frankly though.  As you pointed out, we should operate and navigate our lives with Compassion, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness and Self Control.  Sadly, it would seem that so many are quick to stave off an acceptance of this and replace it with some self-righteous condemnation of others because they're not happy with themselves in some way shape or form.  
So no, I don't think you in anyway said much wrong there or should be "cancelled" for anything you said.  I for one would support it completely and loved to read it.  Oh wait, maybe they'll take us both out!  Just kidding.  
Peace to you brotha!  God bless. 
I agree as well. Not sure why Mr. 82 got clipped but that's garbage to me.

Why was his response necessary? Because he's bringing up a valid point that mental health is directly affected by the lack of God in our lives. Also that people get caught up in a catch phrase that they say simply out of response instead of because it's what they actually mean to say. It's like my kids. They'll say "you look handsome" but have no idea what that even means. Its just a conditioned response to them at this point.

All of that said, I also feel like Rick's message is positive and his heart is in the right place.

Thiught's and prayers....

Sent from my SM-G975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Golf is my last refuge... I used to play basketball all the time, even when I coached. It was great to run, sweat, hear the net rip, and just mentally get away from “life”. The body won’t let me do that anymore, so Golf came to be the replacement.  Whether it’s things at home, or at work, when I go play or even just hit balls, it all just disappears. I’m one that doesn’t like music on the course because the QUIET is therapeutic for me! I really enjoy playing by myself just because it will be as quiet as possible. 

MGS has provided an additional release because the conversations on here that I can get into aren’t stressors for me, they help me decompress as well. I think there are a number of you who if I had the chance to meet you somewhere for coffee or a round of golf, we’d be fast friends! So, I love golf for the game, the peace and quiet, the release of stress, and for friendships as well. It’s my ONE place that keeps me going!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

34 minutes ago, ga_pike said:

I agree as well. Not sure why Mr. 82 got clipped but that's garbage to me.

Why was his response necessary? Because he's bringing up a valid point that mental health is directly affected by the lack of God in our lives. Also that people get caught up in a catch phrase that they say simply out of response instead of because it's what they actually mean to say. It's like my kids. They'll say "you look handsome" but have no idea what that even means. Its just a conditioned response to them at this point.

All of that said, I also feel like Rick's message is positive and his heart is in the right place.

Thiught's and prayers....

Sent from my SM-G975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I believe there's some credence to how they handled that situation, but by the same token as I alluded too I think I understood the heart of what was being said.  While maybe the words were not eloquently representing the thoughts and or feelings, if you look past that I think you could understand. 

Golf in general, and that is what we are all here for with MGS, preserves our mental health (or on some rounds destroys it maliciously hahaha) more than anything.  It's a hobby and sport that brings us together to compete not only against each other, but to examine our own moral fiber and compete against ourselves.  There are so many values in that alone!  God blessed us with this game, and I definitely for one feel that Rick's message was 100% on point!  

I also agree with your post and loved reading it.  Definitely pray that we all can return to a much simpler time where our values are all based on what the good book teaches us and we can all return to a far more caring culture for everyone's viewpoints and needs. 

Great post!  God bless brotha

BNewt51

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It was clipped (I didn't see it; one of the other moderators was here before me) because our Forum Code makes conversations of religion and politics out of bounds for the Forum. We do this not because these things aren't important (most of you know that my actual job is that I am the pastor of a church), but rather because they're so important that this Forum isn't the best place to discuss them.

Totally appreciate that!  My apologies for speaking out of turn in my posts.  I'll note that as well because I overlooked it in the codes of conduct.  Again my apologies. 

BNewt51

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It was clipped (I didn't see it; one of the other moderators was here before me) because our Forum Code makes conversations of religion and politics out of bounds for the Forum. We do this not because these things aren't important (most of you know that my actual job is that I am the pastor of a church), but rather because they're so important that this Forum isn't the best place to discuss them.

Thank you for the follow-up. I come here; MGS and golf, to escape the constant barrage on the news.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

NM

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I wouldn't stay here if this wasn't the case.  Thankfully the golf league I play in also has a 'no religion or politics' policy, fortunately most members instantly shut down the few who try to launch into those topics - IOW it's self-policing. If you must, do that after your round over a beer with others who like to argue in circles. Have you ever substantially changed someone else's mind in one of these discussions?

1 hour ago, ga_pike said:

I appreciate that and that his post was removed.  A 30 day ban seems a little extreme in this situation however.  That's all I'm saying.  My guess knowing him personally is that we've lost a contributor to the forum.  

Really? 30 days is nothing over the 30,000+ days most of us will enjoy.

FWIW I fully support the Mods stance here on all counts - I have seen politics completely ruin other forums.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'll spare the details.. but honestly the comments about God weren't what were bothersome (to me). I grew up in a very religious culture and have a very high appreciation and respect for people who follow any faith with conviction (keeping things very general here). Let's just say that other comments were made that just forced an unnecessary hard left turn from the intent of the thread. We're back on track now so all is well 🙂 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, Lacassem said:

Pretty awesome stuff there. Mental health is pretty close to me with military friends that struggled/are struggling and family that have had their bouts. Important stuff thanks for the share

I golf regularly with a few ex-mil's and they legitimately consider golf as a medical requirement for their mental health. We joke a lot about it as buddie but I understand how important it is to them to get out and partake of the goodness we all know comes from playing a round. We've had some great and inspiring convos around the subject.. on the course of course 🙂  

MAXFLI  Tour CG