Rick Shiels Recent Video = So Important! and Thank you MGS!

Our Sponsors

Golf is my last refuge... I used to play basketball all the time, even when I coached. It was great to run, sweat, hear the net rip, and just mentally get away from “life”. The body won’t let me do that anymore, so Golf came to be the replacement.  Whether it’s things at home, or at work, when I go play or even just hit balls, it all just disappears. I’m one that doesn’t like music on the course because the QUIET is therapeutic for me! I really enjoy playing by myself just because it will be as quiet as possible. 

MGS has provided an additional release because the conversations on here that I can get into aren’t stressors for me, they help me decompress as well. I think there are a number of you who if I had the chance to meet you somewhere for coffee or a round of golf, we’d be fast friends! So, I love golf for the game, the peace and quiet, the release of stress, and for friendships as well. It’s my ONE place that keeps me going!!!

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

34 minutes ago, ga_pike said:

I agree as well. Not sure why Mr. 82 got clipped but that's garbage to me.

Why was his response necessary? Because he's bringing up a valid point that mental health is directly affected by the lack of God in our lives. Also that people get caught up in a catch phrase that they say simply out of response instead of because it's what they actually mean to say. It's like my kids. They'll say "you look handsome" but have no idea what that even means. Its just a conditioned response to them at this point.

All of that said, I also feel like Rick's message is positive and his heart is in the right place.

Thiught's and prayers....

Sent from my SM-G975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I believe there's some credence to how they handled that situation, but by the same token as I alluded too I think I understood the heart of what was being said.  While maybe the words were not eloquently representing the thoughts and or feelings, if you look past that I think you could understand. 

Golf in general, and that is what we are all here for with MGS, preserves our mental health (or on some rounds destroys it maliciously hahaha) more than anything.  It's a hobby and sport that brings us together to compete not only against each other, but to examine our own moral fiber and compete against ourselves.  There are so many values in that alone!  God blessed us with this game, and I definitely for one feel that Rick's message was 100% on point!  

I also agree with your post and loved reading it.  Definitely pray that we all can return to a much simpler time where our values are all based on what the good book teaches us and we can all return to a far more caring culture for everyone's viewpoints and needs. 

Great post!  God bless brotha

• Like 2

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It was clipped (I didn't see it; one of the other moderators was here before me) because our Forum Code makes conversations of religion and politics out of bounds for the Forum. We do this not because these things aren't important (most of you know that my actual job is that I am the pastor of a church), but rather because they're so important that this Forum isn't the best place to discuss them.

Totally appreciate that!  My apologies for speaking out of turn in my posts.  I'll note that as well because I overlooked it in the codes of conduct.  Again my apologies. 

• Like 5

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It was clipped (I didn't see it; one of the other moderators was here before me) because our Forum Code makes conversations of religion and politics out of bounds for the Forum. We do this not because these things aren't important (most of you know that my actual job is that I am the pastor of a church), but rather because they're so important that this Forum isn't the best place to discuss them.

Thank you for the follow-up. I come here; MGS and golf, to escape the constant barrage on the news.

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

NM

Edited by ga_pike
  • Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
  • 3 wood:  Cobra F9
  • 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 4 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • 5 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • Irons 6 - AW: Callaway CB 2021
  • SW 52* Smithworks
  • LW 58*: Vokey SM8
  • Putter:  Big Oak Havana

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I wouldn't stay here if this wasn't the case.  Thankfully the golf league I play in also has a 'no religion or politics' policy, fortunately most members instantly shut down the few who try to launch into those topics - IOW it's self-policing. If you must, do that after your round over a beer with others who like to argue in circles. Have you ever substantially changed someone else's mind in one of these discussions?

1 hour ago, ga_pike said:

I appreciate that and that his post was removed.  A 30 day ban seems a little extreme in this situation however.  That's all I'm saying.  My guess knowing him personally is that we've lost a contributor to the forum.  

Really? 30 days is nothing over the 30,000+ days most of us will enjoy.

FWIW I fully support the Mods stance here on all counts - I have seen politics completely ruin other forums.

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'll spare the details.. but honestly the comments about God weren't what were bothersome (to me). I grew up in a very religious culture and have a very high appreciation and respect for people who follow any faith with conviction (keeping things very general here). Let's just say that other comments were made that just forced an unnecessary hard left turn from the intent of the thread. We're back on track now so all is well 🙂 

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, Lacassem said:

Pretty awesome stuff there. Mental health is pretty close to me with military friends that struggled/are struggling and family that have had their bouts. Important stuff thanks for the share

I golf regularly with a few ex-mil's and they legitimately consider golf as a medical requirement for their mental health. We joke a lot about it as buddie but I understand how important it is to them to get out and partake of the goodness we all know comes from playing a round. We've had some great and inspiring convos around the subject.. on the course of course 🙂  

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

Best video Rick has ever put out.

Good for him

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1