Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Torque provided by OEM Driver weight wrenches

RDS

Hello
I am hoping, but not holding my breath, that someone may be able to answer my question and not simply regurgitate OEM marketing Dept sales speak in lieu of answer.

Question::
I would like to know what the Torque in lbs per sq in is for each of the Driver Head wrenches

1) TM (I only really care about this one because I own  TM woods)
2) Titleist
3) Callaway
4) Cobra
 5) Mizuno
6) Ping

Over the years the scuttlebutt has been that early TM Drivers e.g. R7 were 30lbs per sq.in
Newer ones 40lbs per sq.in

I have witnessed the "if it fits in the hole you can use it" syndrome get people in trouble (Stripped threads)

48 minutes ago, RDS said:

Hello
I am hoping, but not holding my breath, that someone may be able to answer my question and not simply regurgitate OEM marketing Dept sales speak in lieu of answer.

Question::
I would like to know what the Torque in lbs per sq in is for each of the Driver Head wrenches

1) TM (I only really care about this one because I own  TM woods)
2) Titleist
3) Callaway
4) Cobra
 5) Mizuno
6) Ping

Over the years the scuttlebutt has been that early TM Drivers e.g. R7 were 30lbs per sq.in
Newer ones 40lbs per sq.in

I have witnessed the "if it fits in the hole you can use it" syndrome get people in trouble (Stripped threads)

This is what I found through a quick Google search. 

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2016/12/21/can-you-use-any-golf-driver-wrench-adjustable-driver-fairway-wood-101859/

Basically the torque settings are going to be determined by the bolt diameter and material (as well as the material the bolt is being threaded into). You could look up a torque value chart and use a standard torque wrench like you would on your car if you wanted.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

If you are concerned about being exact, then just buy the OEM torque wrench for the clubs you own. That will put your mind at ease that you are not over/under torqueing it.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your responses.

Knowing the Torque was my goal so that I could go the road of one tool to rule them all (Lord of the Driver Torque wrenches)

I already own adjustable torque handles and would like to use them.

Yes it is always an option to keep feeding the "Not invented Here Syndrome" and buy the "magic" OEM tool aka Torque is proprietary secret information.

I am looking to kybosh all that BS.

Knowing exactly what material the screw/bolt and weight are made of is a little more tricky in the age of  "counterfeit fastner" proliferation in the marketplace.

i.e.  materials not being what the supplier alleges them to be.  Folks in the replacement weight business are running into this issue.