TESTERS WANTED! ×

Trackman Ball Normalization - Fitting Question

I'm looking to get fitted this spring and I have question about Trackman. I wasn't sure if this is the right forum to post this vs the fitting section or training aid section. I'm between two different locations that offer outdoor fittings. One uses Pro V1s and the other uses the Bridgestone "Premium" Range balls and then use Trackman ball normalization. They claim the Bridgestone are the best range balls and that the Trackman normalization is extremely accurate. I know nothing about how Trackman does this and if it is accurate or not. I think the fitters are good at both locations and both are Trackman certified. The one with the Pro V1s cost $100 more for a fitting than the one with the range balls. Do you think that it's worth the extra $100 to use the Pro V1s or is Trackman good enough to make the ball not matter as much.

Edited by gmdeac10
  • gmdeac10 changed the title to Trackman Ball Normalization - Fitting Question

Review the link below, maybe it will help you decide. Good Luck!

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/ball-conversion/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

14 minutes ago, aerospace_ray said:

Do you play Pro V1's? Are you sure the ~$100 difference does not include additional testing/fitting? IF I played ProV1 and/or identified something extra for the more expensive option, I probably would opt for it. IF NOT, then I would save some money. Trackman fitting is nice, good luck. 

I don't play Pro V1s. I currently play Srixon Z-Star, but am thinking of switching to Z-Star XV. The more expensive location is Cool Clubs. It's 15 minutes longer, 1 hr 15min vs 1 hour. They also have their whole shaft database and a larger selection of aftermarket shafts. The fitter is one of like 70 master trackman certified professionals in the world, not sure that matters vs regular certification. The other location is Bobby Jones Golf Course in Atlanta. All their pros there are really good. They are in partnership with PGASS so they have all the same shaft and club options as PGASS. It basically means for shafts they'll have whatever the companies put in their fitting carts since they order from the manufacturer vs building themselves. My goal is to stick to stock if possible, unless an upgrade shaft really outperforms a stock shaft enough to justify the extra cost.

3 minutes ago, gmdeac10 said:

I don't play Pro V1s. I currently play Srixon Z-Star, but am thinking of switching to Z-Star XV. The more expensive location is Cool Clubs. It's 15 minutes longer, 1 hr 15min vs 1 hour. They also have their whole shaft database and a larger selection of aftermarket shafts. The fitter is one of like 70 master trackman certified professionals in the world, not sure that matters vs regular certification. The other location is Bobby Jones Golf Course in Atlanta. All their pros there are really good. They are in partnership with PGASS so they have all the same shaft and club options as PGASS. It basically means for shafts they'll have whatever the companies put in their fitting carts since they order from the manufacturer vs building themselves. My goal is to stick to stock if possible, unless an upgrade shaft really outperforms a stock shaft enough to justify the extra cost.

I would go to the Cartersville CC location!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

38 minutes ago, gmdeac10 said:

Awesome. Sounds like you know what you need and the price range you're in. Quality options either way you choose. Others have solid recommendations as well. Good luck.