2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

This thread is BEYOND EXHAUSTING.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Or maybe just one participant... 🙄

I could have a better conversation with a brick wall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure we will hear all about the evil's of bifurcation shortly but I'm not in that camp.  I played baseball in High School and College at a very interesting time.  My senior year of High School was

What do you see the average being?  250 yards? How do you limit the equipment to maintain that average over time.  I personally think you are underestimating how people adapt to change to become more

I am in the wait and see corner on this. We already have some bifurcation within golf...one ball local rule, rangefinder usage, and tee boxes to name a couple. The biggest issue is that there rea

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, LICC said:

The math and strokes gained analysis would change with a distance rollback. And with those changes, players would have to consider more strategic risk-reward decisions and have to play more types of shots.

How?

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Most fans WANT to see long, soaring homeruns

Most fans WANT to see insanely powerful, majestic slam dunks

Most fans WANT to see slapshots from the blue line

.... and dare I say, most fans WANT to see golfers demolish a golf ball and hit it a long long long way.

That's what makes us fans; the athletic ability of these blessed few is awesome. 

I don't care what you call it, but please don't take that away.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

The math and strokes gained analysis would change with a distance rollback. And with those changes, players would have to consider more strategic risk-reward decisions and have to play more types of shots.

I think you should study the strategy of strokes gained. The risk/reward strategy your are thinking of doesn’t exist. Even if everyone was rolled back some yardage the shot selection process would be the same. There is too much money involved to take an unnecessary risk and end up with bad holes.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Most fans WANT to see long, soaring homeruns

Most fans WANT to see insanely powerful, majestic slam dunks

Most fans WANT to see slapshots from the blue line

.... and dare I say, most fans WANT to see golfers demolish a golf ball and hit it a long long long way.

That's what makes us fans; the athletic ability of these blessed few is awesome. 

I don't care what you call it, but please don't take that away.

So you favor MLB changing to metal bats?

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think you should study the strategy of strokes gained. The risk/reward strategy your are thinking of doesn’t exist. Even if everyone was rolled back some yardage the shot selection process would be the same. There is too much money involved to take an unnecessary risk and end up with bad holes.

When a distance rollback would bring a hazard in play that is not in play now, it would change the strokes gained analysis. When a driver now gets you to a close distance that is doesn't matter if you are in the rough or not, but a rollback would put you at a distance where it matters if you are in the rough or not, the strokes gained analysis would change.

When a distance rollback would bring a hazard in play that is not in play now, it would change the strokes gained analysis. When a driver now gets you to a close distance that is doesn't matter if you are in the rough or not, but a rollback would put you at a distance where it matters if you are in the rough or not, the strokes gained analysis would change.

Yes it changes the numbers but doesn’t change the decision process. Being in the rough closer to the hole is better than being farther back and in the fairway. Assess you lie, determine target based on dispersion patterns, hit shot, repeat. Good players don’t challenge areas that could create significant penalties. The do hit shots outside of that pattern.
  • Like 4

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, LICC said:

clearly you have an issue with reading comprehension.... 

• Like 3

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

Metal bats are a safety issue and not a distance issue.
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

clearly you have an issue with reading comprehension.... 

Clearly you have an issue trying to make logical arguments.

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yes it changes the numbers but doesn’t change the decision process. Being in the rough closer to the hole is better than being farther back and in the fairway. Assess you lie, determine target based on dispersion patterns, hit shot, repeat. Good players don’t challenge areas that could create significant penalties. The do hit shots outside of that pattern.

No, being in the rough closer to the hole is not always better than being farther back in the fairway. It depends on the overall distance. And the decision making will vary. Is someone one stroke behind the leader with two holes to play? Should they take on the greater risk because if they play conservatively they will not make that birdie to catch the leader? How are they swinging on that particular day? Regardless of the strokes gained analysis, they may be off with their driver that day. Or their long irons. Strokes gained is data that is useful for making a decision, it is not a means to make every decision a robotic black and white answer.

1 minute ago, LICC said:

Clearly you have an issue trying to make logical arguments.

...this is like having a discussion with my dog. 

we could cut and paste this entire thread into golfwrx and it would be right at home. 

here, though, it is completely out of place.

I'm out.... good luck Chris!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

...this is like having a discussion with my dog. 

we could cut and paste this entire thread into golfwrx and it would be right at home. 

here, though, it is completely out of place.

I'm out.... good luck Chris!

It’s the same person that was saying the same thing on that forum 

• Haha 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Jease I thought this thread was created last year with 9 pages.....Tuesday thats alot of content.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

No, being in the rough closer to the hole is not always better than being farther back in the fairway. It depends on the overall distance. And the decision making will vary. Is someone one stroke behind the leader with two holes to play? Should they take on the greater risk because if they play conservatively they will not make that birdie to catch the leader? How are they swinging on that particular day? Regardless of the strokes gained analysis, they may be off with their driver that day. Or their long irons. Strokes gained is data that is useful for making a decision, it is not a means to make every decision a robotic black and white answer.

100% disagree on this. This is not how top professional golfers play. Shotlink data doesn’t support the approach you describe.
  • Like 5

64 pages worth on wrx, if you're interested, with multiple comments by @LICC and it's the same exact commentary repeated here. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

100% disagree on this. This is not how top professional golfers play. Shotlink data doesn’t support the approach you describe.

In today's game there is less of this because the best strategy is usually to bomb it as far as they can and fly it on the green with a wedge. Roll back the distance and more strategic thought will be needed. 

Look at 13 or 15 at Augusta. Nowadays, everyone hits to the spot they want on the fairway to fly an iron on in 2. Now the may not all execute the tee shot, but their goal is all the same. No one is considering positioning for a lay-up and then trying to go up and down for a birdie. If they lay up it is because they hit a bad tee shot, and then they have to think whether to go for it or not.

Edited by LICC
14 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

64 pages worth on wrx, if you're interested, with multiple comments by @LICC and it's the same exact commentary repeated here. 🤦‍♂️

I get enough round debates at work don’t need it here too lol

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

25 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

he must be fun at parties. 

“nice toast, but that’s actually sparkling wine.  real champagne comes from a certain region in france...”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w