The Still Aceless Thread

fixyurdivot

Love this thread idea, and I'll definitely be contributing.

• Like 8

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0 [CURRENT MGS FORUM TEST]
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I don't have the decades-long chase that some of you have. I've only been playing regularly for about 8 years now.

What I do have is an 8-year-old who constantly reminds me that he has an ace, and that he got his when he was 5. So that's my burden.

I don't know of any 8 year olds that I don't like....... but I think I could make an exception!!   😜

Been playing since the 70's....many, many close calls... sticks hit, lip outs, tap in birdies.....but no H I O's.

I am glad to join this therapy thread!!  👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Maybe I should stuff a $100 bill in my bag so Im ready to buy drinks. Im good at spending $100s  

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

A little research found that 40% of aces are made with a 7, 8, or 9i.  

Titleist account for 45% of all aces.  

Average years of playing is 24 years. 

Average hdcp is a 14. 

3500/1 to make an ace. 

• Like 9

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I don't have the decades-long chase that some of you have. I've only been playing regularly for about 8 years now.

What I do have is an 8-year-old who constantly reminds me that he has an ace, and that he got his when he was 5. So that's my burden.

Poor Kirke, robbed early of a lifelong chase for the ace 😆.  If he checks off the albatross before his 13th B-day, we'll have to start a MGS GoFundMe until he gets his own sponsors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

8" is the closest for me 2 seasons ago but I think this year I'll be a major contributor to this thread. 🙄

• Like 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

At the end of the season, the winner of this thread is the guy whose ball finished closest to the hole without a hole in one.

Great so now I need to add a tape measure in my bag. But I know the day I finally get one it will be early Sunday morning and playing by myself and no witnesses. That will be the ultimate kick in the pants. But at least I'll know I finally did it.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

I don't have any pictures, but I'm aceless and have been playing around 7 years now.  It took my dad about 30 years to get his one and only ace.

• Like 6

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 8.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 TX / Titleist TSi3 14.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DGS200 / Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Humble, TX / Right Handed / 10 Handicap / 37.5" 6i @ 61.5* Lie

52 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Great so now I need to add a tape measure in my bag. But I know the day I finally get one it will be early Sunday morning and playing by myself and no witnesses. That will be the ultimate kick in the pants. But at least I'll know I finally did it.  

It would probably be a jinx, but you could use a Sharpie to put 6" marks on your putter shaft in lieu of a tape measure. 😀

I have two close calls: the first was in my league, about 160 yards, ball came up one revolution short. The second one I didn't see, but it had to be close. Uphill, so the surface of the green was not visible, 180ish. Got there and my ball mark was a few inches in front of the pin, the ball was a few inches behind, and a straight line between them went through the center of the cup.

I have to admit, I've probably used up my luck. I have three albatrosses, but I would give all three for an ace. 

• Like 8

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Poor Kirke, robbed early of a lifelong chase for the ace 😆.  If he checks off the albatross before his 13th B-day, we'll have to start a MGS GoFundMe until he gets his own sponsors.

Just to make us feel better I think his dad needs to be handing him the snow shovel and kicking him out the door to fund his own 8 yo hole in one self!! They are in Michigan after all.  And he could even be muttering "Hows that H I O feel now punk" as he hands him the shovel!    😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.