TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Still Aceless Thread

fixyurdivot

Love this thread idea, and I'll definitely be contributing.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

8" is the closest for me 2 seasons ago but I think this year I'll be a major contributor to this thread. 🙄

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I don't have any pictures, but I'm aceless and have been playing around 7 years now.  It took my dad about 30 years to get his one and only ace.

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

52 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Great so now I need to add a tape measure in my bag. But I know the day I finally get one it will be early Sunday morning and playing by myself and no witnesses. That will be the ultimate kick in the pants. But at least I'll know I finally did it.  

It would probably be a jinx, but you could use a Sharpie to put 6" marks on your putter shaft in lieu of a tape measure. 😀

I have two close calls: the first was in my league, about 160 yards, ball came up one revolution short. The second one I didn't see, but it had to be close. Uphill, so the surface of the green was not visible, 180ish. Got there and my ball mark was a few inches in front of the pin, the ball was a few inches behind, and a straight line between them went through the center of the cup.

I have to admit, I've probably used up my luck. I have three albatrosses, but I would give all three for an ace. 

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Poor Kirke, robbed early of a lifelong chase for the ace 😆.  If he checks off the albatross before his 13th B-day, we'll have to start a MGS GoFundMe until he gets his own sponsors.

Just to make us feel better I think his dad needs to be handing him the snow shovel and kicking him out the door to fund his own 8 yo hole in one self!! They are in Michigan after all.  And he could even be muttering "Hows that H I O feel now punk" as he hands him the shovel!    😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

It would probably be a jinx, but you could use a Sharpie to put 6" marks on your putter shaft in lieu of a tape measure. 😀

I think someone will be within a score cards length of the hole this year.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

25 years an counting.... Not sure I'd know what to do if I do sink one, but I'd think that a good problem to have!  I'm in!

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Nope, golfing since 1977.   Lots of close calls but....

If I get one, I'm afraid the world will come to end.  Right up there with the Lions winning the Super Bowl.

BTW, great idea @GolfSpy MPR, I'm in.   Maybe I will hit a green at least.

Edited by SlowNLow

Congratulations, everyone.  This will definitely be your year.  I'm joining this thread, which means at the end of the season I'll be the only one without an ace, since that's how things always seem to work for me.  I will require partial credit for your aces, however.

I've been inside 3 feet a couple of times, but not in the last couple of years and never really thought any of those close calls really had a chance.

I do like the "winner is the closest to the hole without an ace" angle presented by @GolfSpy MPR.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So not to depress anyone other than myself...… I play between 50 to 75 rounds a year. So lets use 50.

50 rounds times 4 par three's is 200 attempts a year. 200 times 30 years is 6,000. For three years I played a work league on a par three course in CT. We played nine holes after work.  A real par three course not a pitch and putt. So add 5 holes times 20 rounds, times three years is 300.  So I have tried 6,300 times to get a hole in one.   I stink at this part of the game! 😢

On a positive note... This will be the year!

Love the analysis Tom... really puts this pursuit in perspective.  I hate to pile on, but if you factor in @pulledabillstats, and that no one gaming Sub70 irons has ever made an ace... well, just saying 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I have been playing on and off since the 70s and regularly since the 90s.  I have hit quite a few into the hole from the fairway or rough (par 3 distances) but have never done it from a tee box.  Like most everyone else I have gotten close a few times with the closest being about  1 1/2 inches in the early 90s.   This stands out to me clearly due to what followed.   as I approached the next tee an older gentleman asked me if it went in the hole and I said no.   He responded that Ben Hogan once told him that having the ball stop next to the hole required skill but it only required luck.   I later found out that he was Chandler Harper a former professional golfer who has 7 tour wins including a PGA Championship.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

At the end of the season, the winner of this thread is the guy whose ball finished closest to the hole without a hole in one.

Ouch, I'd rather miss it by a lot. Kinda like having all but one lottery number - I'd rather know I didn't come close to the numbers picked

BTW, one of the guys I regularly play with whose handicap is 12 strokes higher than mine reminds me occasionally he's had 2 HIO.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/3/2021 at 5:42 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Love the analysis Tom... really puts this pursuit in perspective.  I hate to pile on, but if you factor in @pulledabillstats, and that no one gaming Sub70 irons has ever made an ace... well, just saying 🤣.

Well I only started playing the Sub-70 irons last summer. I came close a few times last season with one being about 2 inches from the hole with those clubs. So I can say I'm getting closer than what I was used to.  

But I am detecting a challenge..... Game on brotha!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag