TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Still Aceless Thread

fixyurdivot

Nice shot!  But you're still in the club aceless club.  
how are you liking the SkyTrak?  Do you have a projector set up or hit into a net and view the shot on a monitor?

It is a ton of fun and I use it 5-6 times a week during winter. I have a monitor mounted to my wall for now but we are moving in a few weeks so I might up my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Well it’s winter so I’m not going to have one closer than this for a while! This was during one of my final rounds of the year up at Point Sebago in Maine.
the crown bottle was not mine. And I cannot confirm how much was in the bottle at the start of the round, but this was on our second 18 for the day:
8333DBDC-F9F5-411F-B69A-71980A99EDE8.jpeg.55b9250bf09bbc8cd6d92dac8e834481.jpeg

E5A29B39-E06E-45B5-A591-252B8CF5E822.jpeg.4fd87eb90e733b7fa6487e4f9f9fba54.jpeg
the ball landed short, skipped past, and came back down the slope back in front of the hole.  Never been closer than that!
3E65BCB6-A65C-49B8-92E0-F39D96F2474B.jpeg.a4fc2fccdd78da3c08636890abd14a5b.jpeg
E313A49F-99AE-4DC7-A57C-5A726671A5CD.jpeg.6808a6bc04315c5ae7e9bdf07aeced03.jpeg

How do you like Point Sebago. I’ve been by on my way to Bridgton and Fryeburg, but have never played it. It always looked nice from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

How do you like Point Sebago. I’ve been by on my way to Bridgton and Fryeburg, but have never played it. It always looked nice from what I’ve seen.

I like the course a lot.  I've been up there twice for golf a weekend with the men on my mother's side of the family and some friends.  We end up playing 5 rounds in 3 days (mixed between singles and scramble for some fun).

It's got a good variation in length with all the tee boxes and the greens can be challenging.  Both times I've been there the weather has been nice early fall weather.  We stay onsite, and its a great deal that time of year.  It's becoming my unofficial end of the golf season.  Any chance I get to play after that is a bonus.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

18 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

Bridgetown highlands is really good if you have not been there

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Let’s get this thread back on track and talk about my hole in one.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Sorry this is the aceLESS thread you cant participate 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I get it.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Well this is one thread that I can't wait to get out of. 🤣  But there is only one way out.......

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I came close multiple Times but still aceless 😞

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Played there a number of times and always enjoyed it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

18 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Played there a number of times and always enjoyed it.

They have done a lot of work over the past 4-5 years clearing areas. I will be playing this year as I always do on vacation always gets better every year

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Since you all have shared you nearest miss story, I'll add mine for the shared grief. 
4 years ago, golfing with my dad we got to the 18th hole, ~140y. I hit a really pure shot, tracked right at the hole the entire time. I missed jarring it by about a 1/2".
What I did get was a shot that landed on the edge of the cup, collapsed the cup edge so far that the ball hit the hard plastic edge of the cup, bounced up hitting the flag stick and then ricocheted(actual word?) 20 yards off the green coming to rest under an apple tree. 
So hunched over under a tree I hit a bump shot to get back up to the green... It went in for birdie. The golf gods were just toying with me. 
IMG_3550.GIF

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I’m not sure if I’m in or out of the group. Number 8 at St. Andrews.....SkyTrak.

IMG_0175.JPG

I had a hole in one on the Wii once.....

but I will not stoop to ask if that gets me out of the Aceless Club!!  🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Closest I have ever been to an ace is 2 feet 9 inches. I know the exact total because it was at a FOP tournament and would have been worth $5000. If you look closely you can see the dew line it took and waved kindly at the flag as it passed within a foot.20210210_074205.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

They have done a lot of work over the past 4-5 years clearing areas. I will be playing this year as I always do on vacation always gets better every year

Nice yeah it's been years so it was pretty tight back when I played but still good. Actually hit my first par 5 in two there, and proceeded to get my first three putt par.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I had a hole in one on the Wii once.....

but I will not stoop to ask if that gets me out of the Aceless Club!!  🤣

A hole in one on Wii is no small task. I say you're out of the club just like me. Congrats! 

Now you and I can sit back and wait for the mini golf hole-in-one guys to chime in.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Now you and I can sit back and wait for the mini golf hole-in-one guys to chime in.

Wait, a hole in one in mini golf counts?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

All you have to do is play number 8 at St. Andrews, hit a 155 yard shot right at the flag at 103 MPH with a 20 degree launch angle with 3596 backspin and 412 draw spin to account for the left to right wind.

Slackers!

Well if that's al it takes, I'll book a flight tomorrow. Then I can get out of this thread. Would have been a lot cheaper if I knew this years ago.  One round there versus 75 a year here.. Just saying! 🤣 

13 hours ago, Thin2win said:

What I did get was a shot that landed on the edge of the cup, collapsed the cup edge so far that the ball hit the hard plastic edge of the cup, bounced up hitting the flag stick and then ricocheted(actual word?) 20 yards off the green coming to rest under an apple tree.

Goodness gracious. That was a brutal account and truly contemptuous consolation birdie.

Only because you inquired (and your tee shot was apparently as doomed as the Titanic), I might suggest replacing “ricocheted” with the nautically derived synonym “sheered”.

The one piece missing from the tapestry of your cruel golf gods epic is a prodigal twist, like one of the apples falling on your head mid-backswing and every single bump-and-run recovery since then has ended up in the bottom of the hole.

I’m both enjoying the commiseration in this thread and looking forward to the swing that gets me booted out of it forever.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

What about a golf cannon........that’s gotta count!.....I still don’t have one of those either though.....

image.gif.1f1b74280a387e073c5626ad327c4fc2.gif

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

What about a golf cannon........that’s gotta count!.....I still don’t have one of those either though.....

image.gif.1f1b74280a387e073c5626ad327c4fc2.gif

Is this a new tool to find your golf ball under the leaves in the fall?  It looks like it is disrupting a large area of leaves. I think I need one!  Wonder if the course will let me put a hitch on the back of the golf cart.

15 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Is this a new tool to find your golf ball under the leaves in the fall?  It looks like it is disrupting a large area of leaves. I think I need one!  Wonder if the course will let me put a hitch on the back of the golf cart.

Pleas tell you have used the golf cannon at a tournament! 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pleas tell you have used the golf cannon at a tournament! 

I did use an AR15 with the golf ball launcher feature at a tournment twice.  Does that count?  Shot a very nice 340 yard drive on a par 5 and the other time landed on the green from the tee on a par 4. Fire power is awesome.

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I did use an AR15 with the golf ball launcher feature at a tournment twice.  Does that count?  Shot a very nice 340 yard drive on a par 5 and the other time landed on the green from the tee on a par 4. Fire power is awesome.

That's just cool. 

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yea same thing....I mean I kind of wish they actually had a cannon to shoot....fuse and all! Scare some folks on holes all over the course 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Yea same thing....I mean I kind of wish they actually had a cannon to shoot....fuse and all! Scare some folks on holes all over the course

I’ve seen the slingshots before.... where can I find this golf tourney with guns as ball launchers? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk