Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Still Aceless Thread

fixyurdivot

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... It is a great course and hides it's yardage well. Two short risk reward par 4's that are dogleg lefts with lakes you need to carry to drive the green at 277 and 294. Par 3's are 150, 163, 170 and 115 being the most difficult. Short but slopes and roll offs on all 4 sides making the effective landing area about 33% of the green. So short but tough to keep the bal on the green. Funny you should mention HIO as I flew it in the hole and it popped back out last year playing 130, then yesterday playing 122 I landed just short, hopped a little hitting the pin dead center and came back a foot.  Started a run of 4 birdies in a row but still no HIO. 🤪

1692456415_HOIattempt.JPG.98cd9fe8379aeb7d85c0833d0537c1a7.JPG

Glad to know you are still an eligible participant.  Of course we do allow graduates to poke fun, snicker, and chortle at our continued struggle 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 5/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Glad to know you are still an eligible participant.  Of course we do allow graduates to poke fun, snicker, and chortle at our continued struggle 🙂.

Always fun!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Almost left the group today. Langdon Farms, #6, if you've played you know. Just to make up for it, I did eagle #18. 

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

3 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Almost left the group today. Langdon Farms, #6, if you've played you know.

... Probably the only group where we root to lose members! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

... but no one wants to be the last one standing!

No worries there. I was struggling just to hit the greens on the par 3s today. 😆 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Saw this a few minutes ago.  Obviously it isn't the player or the clubs;  it is the ball.   I just haven't found the right ball nor do I lose enough balls.  

May be an image of text

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Saw this a few minutes ago.  Obviously it isn't the player or the clubs;  it is the ball.   I just haven't found the right ball nor do I lose enough balls.  

May be an image of text

Neither one should get to keep the ball. It should go to one of us so we can get out of this thread. Just saying.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Posted this in another thread and forgot that this thread was up. This was just a couple of weeks ago. Hole #5 at Springfield GC here in Chandler. This is probably the 3rd or 4th one of these this year. Yet.. I remain aceless 😢

0507220747_HDR.jpg.e820b31e876344b383907b6724c07a20.jpg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I was told I can't post in this thread, but I thought maybe this could give hope and incentive for you guys to "git 'er done".

Do you remember a few weeks ago in the Random Thread, I posted that a concrete bench was stolen from the par 3 17th tee that commemorated the Ace by one of our members (a former pro) who was 91 years old.  (The bench was recovered, repaired and replaced).

Yesterday at 92 years old, he got another Ace on the par 3 #4 hole.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 2/9/2021 at 7:39 PM, Thin2win said:

Since you all have shared you nearest miss story, I'll add mine for the shared grief. 

4 years ago, golfing with my dad we got to the 18th hole, ~140y. I hit a really pure shot, tracked right at the hole the entire time. I missed jarring it by about a 1/2".

What I did get was a shot that landed on the edge of the cup, collapsed the cup edge so far that the ball hit the hard plastic edge of the cup, bounced up hitting the flag stick and then ricocheted(actual word?) 20 yards off the green coming to rest under an apple tree. 

So hunched over under a tree I hit a bump shot to get back up to the green... It went in for birdie. The golf gods were just toying with me. 

@Thin2win I feel your pain.. 

OK, How have i not seen this post earlier.. I have 2 that still haunt me to this day. The first came in the early 2000's probably 2002 I think.. we were playing in Eastern Washington ( both of these were on that side of the state) at a course in Bridgeport that has since closed. Early morning so there was dew still on the greens.. I think it was about 160, I hit a 7 iron, landed on the front and rolled past the cup. We thought it was a good shot but could barely see the ball. as we get to the green you could see the track of the ball it had rolled over the edge of the cup and stopped 6" directly behind it.. tap in birdie.. the 2nd we were playing At Crescent Bar, Having a great time Get to #5 Par 3 at the back of the course. plays 130- 150 depending on the pin.. for Me it was an 8 iron, I've played it at least 100 times.. I'm playing with my best friend his girlfriend and my wife. Been playing with Jim for 25 yrs.. I hit a absolutely gorgeous shot, on a rope to the hole.. Thwack, Hit's the Flag about 3-4" above the hole, ricochets off Leave a ball mark on the edge of the hole deep enough to hit the plastic inside and shoot off the front into the bunker. I had to rebuild the lip of the hole the ball mark was so deep.. Needless to say I drank alot after that one.. LOL

Jim- now he has had 2, as any good friend will do he does not let e forget it either.. what an A-hole.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was told I can't post in this thread, but I thought maybe this could give hope and incentive for you guys to "git 'er done".

Do you remember a few weeks ago in the Random Thread, I posted that a concrete bench was stolen from the par 3 17th tee that commemorated the Ace by one of our members (a former pro) who was 91 years old.  (The bench was recovered, repaired and replaced).

Well hopefully I don't have to wait 28 more years for one. I've already invested 33. 

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well hopefully I don't have to wait 28 more years for one. I've already invested 33. 

... When I have a film/commercial shoot I think the hours will be long, the people unpleasant, the food abysmal and the actual filming inept or too many takes. Anything short of all that is a good day. On par 3's I think the wind will be strong, the greens erratic, the pin has more bounce than a hollow headed iron and although I will be within 6 feet on a semi-regular basis I do not expect a HIO. (So far the former has worked but the latter has not. 🙄 )

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

56-ish and counting for me.  But, I think God's plan is to have mine happen at a MGS Meet-up.  With 9 rounds planned in my 10 day journey, that's 36 more chances to leave my own miserable thread 🙂

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

56-ish and counting for me.  But, I think God's plan is to have mine happen at a MGS Meet-up.  With 9 rounds planned in my 10 day journey, that's 36 more chances to leave my own miserable thread 🙂

Are they all 4 par 3’s? You may have some extra opportunities….could play just a par 3 course to boost your Odds! #fudgingnumbers

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Back to back par 3's, first one my buddy hit to the top of a bowl and rolled back towards the hole. It had a darn good chance, but by the time we crested the hill we saw it 3 feet to the left of the pin.

The very next hole is also a par 3, and was playing about 190. I hit a laser beam right at the pin, and it landed and stuck right next to the hole, 3 feet away.

We both flirted with exchanging membership cards, but both still part of the club!IMG_20220611_170029529.jpg.f0d4cdd0842177019f146b1178342042.jpg

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was informed today that this was his 8th HIO, but we have to take his word for any early ones because I don't think anyone around here witnessed any prior to 1980.  🤣

48 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Here's wishing to never see you post here again!

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

44 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Are they all 4 par 3’s? You may have some extra opportunities….could play just a par 3 course to boost your Odds! #fudgingnumbers

Not at the MGS PNW Outing in 2 weeks.  Except for the round at my course, the par 3's are very challenging; one being a US Open local qualifying course.  Another has a "12,000 sqft thing of beauty" with lots of undulations in it.  Then there is always this one at Apple Tree GC...

AppleTree.jpeg.b7fe4943fc3ce4c306e20889dd16aff6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

It didn't work for me! We had a company league at a real par three course. (100 up to 250 yard holes) Played it for a few years every week. It was 18 holes but we played 9 in the league. Many close encounters but never got to hear the the magic sound! 

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Here's wishing to never see you post here again!

Well, if it dosen't happen, I'd be tickled taking a few KP quarters from Kenny and Chris 👍.

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It didn't work for me! We had a company league at a real par three course. (100 up to 250 yard holes) Played it for a few years every week. It was 18 holes but we played 9 in the league. Many close encounters but never got to hear the the magic sound! 

We had one in town years ago and is where I learned to play. Several of my friends had 1 there…..not me! That’s ok I’m better than them now 😂 (it helps me sleep at night)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

We had one in town years ago and is where I learned to play. Several of my friends had 1 there…..not me! That’s ok I’m better than them now 😂 (it helps me sleep at night)

I like the thought process! I'll have to take note of that logic. Well, maybe after I let the thoughts of missing 4 more opportunities this morning out of my mind.

Anybody else have theories as to why they haven't been able to join the HIO club yet?

Personally I feel like I typically hit the ball very high and with practically no rollout. Which means I'd pretty much need to dunk it for it to go in, as opposed to having the ball rollout 5-10 yards and roll in. I like my ball flight for golfing's sake, but do hold on to that in the back of my mind for an excuse for not having one yet haha.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Anybody else have theories as to why they haven't been able to join the HIO club yet?

Personally I feel like I typically hit the ball very high and with practically no rollout. Which means I'd pretty much need to dunk it for it to go in, as opposed to having the ball rollout 5-10 yards and roll in. I like my ball flight for golfing's sake, but do hold on to that in the back of my mind for an excuse for not having one yet haha.

... Trust me on this, if the Golf Gods want to play with you like some sort of toy, how you hit the ball doesn't enter into it. I hit a high ball that rolls just a little on the hard fast desert greens but also can back up when greens are soft or pretty much just sit where it lands. I hit low knockdowns into the wind and have bounced the ball off the flagstick. And I have dunked a shot and it came right back out of the hole sitting a few inches away while the Golf Gods evidently nursing fresh bags of popcorn high 5'ed and had a good laugh. In the meantime I watched my cousin that has never broken 100 top a 5 wood down a hill, hop over a creek and then roll on the green and into the cup. 🤪

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Trust me on this, if the Golf Gods want to play with you like some sort of toy, how you hit the ball doesn't enter into it. I hit a high ball that rolls just a little on the hard fast desert greens but also can back up when greens are soft or pretty much just sit where it lands. I hit low knockdowns into the wind and have bounced the ball off the flagstick. And I have dunked a shot and it came right back out of the hole sitting a few inches away while the Golf Gods evidently nursing fresh bags of popcorn high 5'ed and had a good laugh. In the meantime I watched my cousin that has never broken 100 top a 5 wood down a hill, hop over a creek and then roll on the green and into the cup. 🤪

I know the feeling. Playing in a golf league this guy (not a good golfer) takes out his 5 wood on 155 yard hole. Tops it downhill toward  a pond. The ball hits a rock on the edge bounces up on to the green and rolls 30 feet into the hole. Same hole next guy, tops his and killed a duck. That was a sad moment which somewhat took away from the Unbelievable Lucky hole in one.

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

tops his and killed a duck. That was a sad moment 

Several years ago, was teeing off, had about 50 yds of sagebrush to clear to get to the fairway, did not realize just as i started my backswing a crow landed on the top of a big sagebrush that was in direct line with the fairway, hit a beautiful low drive that was going to go for miles, Until it center punched this crow, literally feathers flying and a loud squawk ( think Randy Johnson hitting pidgeon).. it took off and flew off towards the desert and fell out of the sky... Damn Bird.. Now I'm hitting 2 from the middle of the crap.. needless to say had to take a lost ball  and re-tee'd, ruined a good back nine.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

On 6/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, ncwoz said:

HAHAh  My theory, I just haven't hit it on the correct line LOL. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

• 1 month later...

Close to getting out of this thread wver.

48* landed 10’ short and rolled to about 10 inches.

EFE43F75-29B0-4760-97D9-84841665AE0D.jpeg

2CC82DE2-9622-40C1-98C1-0DC3AF789D29.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

26 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Close to getting out of this thread wver.

48* landed 10’ short and rolled to about 10 inches.

... Sorry mi amigo but just the Golf Gods having some fun at your expense.  I have spun an iron back hitting the pin and bouncing off it, had a ball stop just sitting on the lip into the wind and maybe a dimple away from falling and then last year dunked one in the hole on the fly and had it bounce out. This thread is like Hotel California  "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave".  🙄