TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Still Aceless Thread

fixyurdivot

19 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Saturday morning 2/26/22 #4 Madera Golf & Country Club 201 yards front right pin position into a slight breeze 4 iron starts 2 yards left of flag and starts falling right. As the ball continues to fall towards the hole I say "Oh just go in", I had just text my wife on the 3rd hole that this was going to be a laugh at myself round. I just started a series of lessons and the first round with a grip change and the golf club feels like a complete foreign object in my hand. Ended up being one of my worst rounds in 5 years. But back to the above, ball is still tracking and as it continues to fall this thing has a REAL chance of getting close. Balls hits the ground 6" right of the hole takes a bounce. And guess what that thing did....giphy.gif

THAT MUTHA WENT IN!!!!!! I AM NO LONGER ACELESS!!!! (I still mourn for of all of you on this thread).

Side Note: My son for about 10 years straight once he figured out that I had never had a hole in one would ask me after every round, and I mean every round if I made one. He is 16 now so he stopped asking after every round but he still asks every once in a while. So as I am driving up to the green I face time him and walk to the hole to get the ball out with him on. It was a pretty cool moment. However with all the excitement and the call I took ZERO pictures 🤣. Hence the quoted photo of the same hole and almost the same exact shot except this one WENT IN!!!!

Congrats. BTW Golf social media etiquette says that you owe us a beer! 🤣

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Dang. 11 pages?! Wow. Are there MORE of y’all, or are y’all THAT frustrated??? Sheesh!

Sorry. I’ll leave now. Just wanted to “peek-in”….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

20 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Saturday morning 2/26/22 #4 Madera Golf & Country Club 201 yards front right pin position into a slight breeze 4 iron starts 2 yards left of flag and starts falling right. As the ball continues to fall towards the hole I say "Oh just go in", I had just text my wife on the 3rd hole that this was going to be a laugh at myself round. I just started a series of lessons and the first round with a grip change and the golf club feels like a complete foreign object in my hand. Ended up being one of my worst rounds in 5 years. But back to the above, ball is still tracking and as it continues to fall this thing has a REAL chance of getting close. Balls hits the ground 6" right of the hole takes a bounce. And guess what that thing did....giphy.gif

THAT MUTHA WENT IN!!!!!! I AM NO LONGER ACELESS!!!! (I still mourn for of all of you on this thread).

Side Note: My son for about 10 years straight once he figured out that I had never had a hole in one would ask me after every round, and I mean every round if I made one. He is 16 now so he stopped asking after every round but he still asks every once in a while. So as I am driving up to the green I face time him and walk to the hole to get the ball out with him on. It was a pretty cool moment. However with all the excitement and the call I took ZERO pictures 🤣. Hence the quoted photo of the same hole and almost the same exact shot except this one WENT IN!!!!

Congratulations  @THEZIPR23!! You are the threads 1st graduate 🥳.  Sorry to see you go but, as with all things in life, nothing lasts forever.  Do please check in once in awhile to chortle and snicker at the rest of us "still Aceless" hacks.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

20 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Well, it's about time!!  Congratulations!!

Even if I could hit my 4i 201y, I sure as hell couldn't see it go in!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Congratulations! That's really awesome. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 2/27/2022 at 11:44 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

Congrats on the ace!!  Pretty awesome way to share it with your son too. I’ve told myself for quite a while that I would do it that way as well. 😂 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

16 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Congrats on the ace!!  Pretty awesome way to share it with your son too. I’ve told myself for quite a while that I would do it that way as well. 😂 

As often as I play solo in MT, I fear my first will be like the "if a tree falls alone in the woods, does it make a sound" parable... so I'm really hoping it happens at a PNW Spy Meet-up 👍.

Oh, and lest I forget, @Tom the Golf Nut, this years close encounters contest, best I can determine, currently stands in my favor (2-0) 😆.

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

As often as I play solo in MT, I fear my first will be like the "if a tree falls alone in the woods, does it make a sound" parable... so I'm really hoping it happens at a PNW Spy Meet-up 👍.

Oh, and lest I forget, @Tom the Golf Nut, this years close encounters contest, best I can determine, currently stands in my favor (2-0) 😆.

Only because I haven't started playing yet! 

Speaking of a tree falling in the woods! I didn't hear the sound but I spent part of the evening cleaning up a tree that fell during the last storm. Just noticed it today when walking the property. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 3/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, fixyurdivot said:

On 3/1/2022 at 8:59 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Only because I haven't started playing yet!

Well, well, well guess who got to play their first round of the season today. You might want to adjust your stats a little.   2 to 1

Ok, I'll admit it wasn't pretty. 164 yard 6 iron that barely got more than 20 feet off the ground. Landed short bounced more than a few times and rolled up on the green.  So no ball mark. There might have been some worm casualties along the way. But, close is close.

IMG_1946.jpg.c7f16fbbbcd049fb4c3de80f4f2bf109.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well, well, well guess who got to play their first round of the season today. You might want to adjust your stats a little.   2 to 1

Ok, I'll admit it wasn't pretty. 164 yard 6 iron that barely got more than 20 feet off the ground. Landed short bounced more than a few times and rolled up on the green.  So no ball mark. There might have been some worm casualties along the way. But, close is close.

IMG_1946.jpg.c7f16fbbbcd049fb4c3de80f4f2bf109.jpg

LOL.  Some of our best shots are often not the prettiest.  Last season, at Yuma CC, I gutted my second shot into a par 4 that went over the green, heading for OB (townhomes yards), but caught the cart curb (we think) and suddenly reappeared back over the hill, rolling to a few inches from the cup.  Glad to see you on the scoreboard and have eliminated the possibility of a skunk... no doubt that was on your mind 😆.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Glad to see you on the scoreboard and have eliminated the possibility of a skunk... no doubt that was on your mind 😆.

You know it. Every par three I said to myself. I'll show him! ( meaning you ) I don't know what I was thinking for my first round in two months. Like I was going to be thowing darts or sometning.🤣

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You know it. Every par three I said to myself. I'll show him! ( meaning you ) I don't know what I was thinking for my first round in two months. Like I was going to be thowing darts or sometning.🤣

I was watching the LPGA last night, and one of the ladies birdied all 4 par 3's. That's throwing darts. 

I still haven't gotten my first round in for the year... Getting anxious 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Another entry from hole #16 at Las Barancas.  We played the quartz tees as the wind was mild (~6 mph) and it was playing 172 yards (into the wind) to the front flag position.  I hit my 5i flush and it never left the target line... immediately switching my pleas from turn to get there 😬🙏.

When it landed and started rolling towards the cup I thought "this is it... it's gonna happen... I'm out of that damn thread"!

Nope.  I'll just revel in being up 3 on @Tom the Golf Nut😆

close_LB_16.jpg

I'm back to snow on the ground. Another weekend lost to the weather! 

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm back to snow on the ground. Another weekend lost to the weather! 

Bummer... but just look at it as spotting me a few 🙂.

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Another entry from hole #16 at Las Barancas.  We played the quartz tees as the wind was mild (~6 mph) and it was playing 172 yards (into the wind) to the front flag position.  I hit my 5i flush and it never left the target line... immediately switching my pleas from turn to get there 😬🙏.

When it landed and started rolling towards the cup I thought "this is it... it's gonna happen... I'm out of that damn thread"!

close_LB_16.jpg

That is so close. Nice shot regardless. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

close_LB_16.jpg

Nice Birdie... unless it was a gimme.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nice Birdie... unless it was a gimme.  😆

Thanks and nope, I putted it in with authority.

50 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Thanks and nope, I putted it in with authority.

As it should be!

On 3/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Nice weekend coming up. Looking forward to reducing that to 2.  I won't get greedy and look to get out of this thread BUT you never know. 

21 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Nice weekend coming up. Looking forward to reducing that to 2.  I won't get greedy and look to get out of this thread BUT you never know. 

We recently had our first graduate.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The calendar was clear this morning. So why not try to get the score closer with @fixyurdivot. Overcast and windy. No, really windy!  Trying to take advantage of the wind at my back with a slight cross wind, I decided to do something stupid. Ok, maybe not a smart play decision. The 13th hole is a par four 315 yard slight dog leg left. You can't see the green from the tee and there are very tall pine trees on the left. Normally a 3 wood to the right side of the fairway will put you in good position.

I took out the driver and aimed at the right edge of the trees. Dropped my right shoulder down a bit to increase my angle of attack and swung with reckless abandon. Looked good to me. I executed well, missed the trees and the slight quartering wind was taking the ball in the direction I wanted. I get to the green and almost cried. What a way to get out of this torturous thread. Holeing a par 4. I felt @Yellow Ball looking at me and saying " nice try, but you missed it by thaaat muuuch" 

IMG_1955.jpg.10f78ce7e434cd8983022838d9ef5ea1.jpg

Tap in Eagle. 

That was a phenomenal shot, Tom! Just a little bit more and that would be a crazy good way to graduate from this thread. That's a heckuva drive, it's almost like the G400 is trying to stay in the bag. Great eagle!

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That was a phenomenal shot, Tom! Just a little bit more and that would be a crazy good way to graduate from this thread. That's a heckuva drive, it's almost like the G400 is trying to stay in the bag. Great eagle!

Thanks.

The G400 has been great since I got it. The Titleist will have to really impress me when it gets here. It did during my demo with it. Hopefully it behaves. 

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The calendar was clear this morning. So why not try to get the score closer with @fixyurdivot. Overcast and windy. No, really windy!  Trying to take advantage of the wind at my back with a slight cross wind, I decided to do something stupid. Ok, maybe not a smart play decision. The 13th hole is a par four 315 yard slight dog leg left. You can't see the green from the tee and there are very tall pine trees on the left. Normally a 3 wood to the right side of the fairway will put you in good position.

I took out the driver and aimed at the right edge of the trees. Dropped my right shoulder down a bit to increase my angle of attack and swung with reckless abandon. Looked good to me. I executed well, missed the trees and the slight quartering wind was taking the ball in the direction I wanted. I get to the green and almost cried. What a way to get out of this torturous thread. Holeing a par 4. I felt @Yellow Ball looking at me and saying " nice try, but you missed it by thaaat muuuch" 

IMG_1955.jpg.10f78ce7e434cd8983022838d9ef5ea1.jpg

Tap in Eagle. 

Close but no cigar.  Please tee another and try again. Doesn't that just chap yur hide? 🤣  Nice going!!

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Close but no cigar.  Please tee another and try again. Doesn't that just chap yur hide? 🤣  Nice going!!

Tomorrow is another day and another 4 tries. 

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Tomorrow is another day and another 4 tries. 

You should copy and save the above statement to save time 🤣.  I missed two of the par 3 greens today and that never helps the cause. 

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

You should copy and save the above statement to save time 🤣.  I missed two of the par 3 greens today and that never helps the cause. 

No need, I have been saying it for 33 years.

39 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I missed two of the par 3 greens today and that never helps the cause. 

Try missing all four.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Try missing all four.  

I get 5 tries.  I can generally hit 2 or 3 but Yes, I can miss all 5.  But all it takes is that one shot that you really aren't thinking about.