Nike balls are back, kind of...

Made by the same company that used to make Nike balls until they stopped doing equipment. Seems like a good, cheap, option...remove the ☑️, halve the price. 

Edited by DStar

Cobra King F6+ Matrix Black Tie 65S 

Titleist 913F 3-wood 15° Diamana 72 S+

Titleist 816 H1 21° Fubuki Z80 🆕

Mizuno MP-32 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300

Cleveland CG12 52° Gap

Cleveland CG15 56° Sand

Cleveland CG15 60° Lob

DStar #1 Putter

Titleist AVX Balls

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

They've been back for a while and are on the list for Ball Lab. Either Rick doesn't pay attention or they were only recently made available to the European market. However, his video is the first review I've seen on the balls since Nike exited the golf equipment space.

I always liked the Nike balls beginning with the 20XI, but I haven't been interested enough to place an order with RZN without some data to go off of.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I'm interested in these as I really like the Nike RZN (Blue) whichever that one was.  However, two things make me hesitate.  1st. I do not like the large/busy logo on this ball, not a deal breaker, but wish for something more minimalistic.  2nd. Would this basically be the same ball technology from 5 years ago at this point?

Granted, I liked the ball then, and my game is virtually the same, so likely I would still like it, but still a point to be made.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

I'm interested in these as I really like the Nike RZN (Blue) whichever that one was.  However, two things make me hesitate.  1st. I do not like the large/busy logo on this ball, not a deal breaker, but wish for something more minimalistic.  2nd. Would this basically be the same ball technology from 5 years ago at this point?

Granted, I liked the ball then, and my game is virtually the same, so likely I would still like it, but still a point to be made.

I mean, it is virtually the same technology, but it's also performing at or just slightly below the level of several modern golf balls. So halve the price for essentially just as good of performance as a current premium golf ball seems good to me. 

The main thing i was.looking at in the vid was the durability test. And since they perform splendidly and are cheap without sacrificing durability, it actually seems like a really good option. 

Edited by MNUte
Auto correct
  • Like 3

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons. 

Assorted wedges.

Odyssey White Hot Pro putter.

On 2/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, MNUte said:

I mean, it is virtually the same technology, but it's also performing at or just slightly below the level of several modern golf balls. So halve the price for essentially just as good of performance as a current premium golf ball seems good to me. 

The main thing i was.looking at in the vid was the durability test. And since they perform splendidly and are cheap without sacrificing durability, it actually seems like a really good option. 

On 2/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, juspoole said:

Just my opinion, but I'd rather buy a previous model of the ball you play unless you played the Nike, it would probably be about the same price if the ball is not already out of stock.

:nike-small: Vapor Pro 9* Driver

:callaway-small: XR 16 3 Wood

:cobra-small:King F7 3&4 Hybrids

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-5 Irons

:callaway-small:MD3 50* Wedge

Kirkland Signature 52*&56* Wedges

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS

Sorry, not a Nike type guy. Apparel, shoes, hats or golf balls.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

13 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Sorry, not a Nike type guy. Apparel, shoes, hats or golf balls.

Ditto....  I had some nike apparel that I donated to Goodwill.   Never used the golf equipment, balls or hats.

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

• 4 weeks later...

too many great options on the market instead of gong back to a Nike ball with "older" tech

Edited by Tsecor

I try other brands...keep coming back to Titleist....why??

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

too many great options on the market instead of gong back to a Nike ball with "older" tech

Hope you aren't gaming a DTC ball then - save Snell or Union Green maybe.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

23 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Hope you aren't gaming a DTC ball then - save Snell or Union Green maybe.

nope.....if there is one thing i dont mind spending money on is a really good golf ball. I think everyone should play the best ball out there and forgo club fittings, which, to me, are a waste of money.....for most amateurs....whereas the ball can make a bigger difference in an amateurs game

• Like 1

I try other brands...keep coming back to Titleist....why??