Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Super Bowl LV

StrokerAce

winner?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Bucs

That time again - Super Sunday is upon us.

Currently the Chiefs are favored by 3 with the total points at 56.

Who ya got?

What's on the menu?

What's your favorite SuperBowl memory?

Here's mine (the best 1 minute 9 seconds of your day!) 4 years ago today!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Why the Chiefs can cover

Patrick Mahomes could have a strong game against Tampa Bay's constant blitzes. The Buccaneers blitzed on 38.1 percent of snaps during the regular season, the fifth highest total in the league. However, Mahomes was the NFL's best quarterback during the season against the blitz, throwing for 13 touchdowns and earning a passer rating of 134.2.

In addition, Kansas City will have an edge when its kickoff return team is on the field. Tampa Bay was the NFL's worst team during the regular season in yards allowed per kickoff return (33.6). That bodes well for the Chiefs, who ranked fourth in the league in yards per kickoff return (25.8).

Why the Buccaneers can cover

Gronkowski and fellow tight end Cameron Brate have a strong matchup against Kansas City's pass defense. The Chiefs allowed 954 receiving yards to tight ends during the regular season, which was the fifth-most in the league. That bodes well for Brate, who has 11 receptions for 149 yards and a touchdown in the 2021 NFL Playoffs, and Gronkowski, who had 45 receptions for 623 yards and seven touchdowns during the regular season.

In addition, Tampa Bay's offense excels in crucial situations. The Buccaneers ranked seventh in red zone touchdown percentage (68.9) during the regular season and 11th in third down conversion percentage (42.5). Meanwhile, Kansas City's defense was the worst in the league in red zone touchdown percentage (76.7) and ranked 17th on third down conversion percentage (41.0)

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I am going with the Bucs. I was frustrated when TB left but I hope he wins. He is the best ever and at this rate the guy is playing until hes 65.

Not sure what we are going to do for food but the kids will be in bed but there will definitely be wings! Extra buffalo

For me was the first one 2002, keeping the "greatest show on turf" to 17 was AMAZING! and that was one of the first superbowls I remember, the bucs in 99' was when I really started watching as a kid. My dad, brothers and myself all made big signs for the 02' bowl, was awsome.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

If you're flying solo and are deciding on a snack....

https://skillet.lifehacker.com/9-super-bowl-snacks-to-eat-all-by-yourself-1846185279

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I'm going with the Bucs because I simply am not mad about TB12 moving south. The dude brought NE 6 rings and 9 trips to the SB. That's 6 more rings than the team had before he showed up. If he wins #7 at his age with another team, I mean c'mon.

We'll be hanging out here just me and the fam, I'm sure we'll do up a bunch of nachos and wings like we usually do. I have some Dark Chocolate Stout in the fridge and ready to go. 

For me, the Pats beating the Rams is my all time favorite. I remember just a pigpile of us on the floor going nuts in my buddy's apartment when the kick was good, then going outside and just hearing screaming and car horns all around me from all directions. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It's funny. My wife and I moved to Boston November of 2000.  We went to a friend's house with a bunch of people to watch the Rams/Pats super bowl - Feb 3, 2002.

People were literally *crying* tears of joy when they won. It was unbelievable. 
I've been a huge football fan since the 80s and it was a great game but this was next level.

I soon found out about the years and years and years of basement dwelling that these fans had been through (I was a 49ers fan) and couldn't have been happier for them. It was after that I quickly became a Patriots fan. For people to live and die with their team like that year in and year out was eye-opening. (maybe that's why I a tiny part of me roots for the Browns each year?) 

Sidenote - I also learned this about the RedSox when they won in 04. 🙂 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I have no idea. Hard to get against KC, but equally hard to go against TB as he has his team believing. Betting wise Ive had some solids options come my way, buy not touching this game. 

KC wins going away, or TB wins a close on. 

Wings, chips, and bean dip. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

8 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

That time again - Super Sunday is upon us.

Currently the Chiefs are favored by 3 with the total points at 56.

Who ya got?

What's on the menu?

What's your favorite SuperBowl memory?

Here's mine (the best 1 minute 9 seconds of your day!) 4 years ago today!

Ive got KC but it wont be a blowout.  Tampa has too much talent and their defense is too good.  Im going to go 24-17.  I just see KC as having too much talent at QB, TE and the running back positions.

Tampa has to play a nearly perfect game, their defense has to be perfect and they will need to get a couple turnovers.  Lets not forget that Tampa is lucky to just be here and if it werent for a no-call and a bad call; it would be KC vs Green Bay.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

16 minutes ago, BadgerGolfer said:

Ive got KC but it wont be a blowout.  Tampa has too much talent and their defense is too good.  Im going to go 24-17.  I just see KC as having too much talent at QB, TE and the running back positions.

Tampa has to play a nearly perfect game, their defense has to be perfect and they will need to get a couple turnovers.  Lets not forget that Tampa is lucky to just be here and if it werent for a no-call and a bad call; it would be KC vs Green Bay.

Don’t forget talent at WR lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Let's go Tom. Get #7.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I will be tuning-in JUST after the kickoff... I hate all of the lead-up crap. Rich Eisen’s group is doing EIGHT HOURS tomorrow! I’m sure others are doing the same, but that’s ridiculous.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

TOMPA BAY GRONKANEERS. LET'S GO!

Wow, it’s halftime and the Bucs lead the Chiefs 21-6, I’m shocked. But we all know the Chiefs can go crazy scoring almost at will. We’ll see. I’m indifferent, our team didn’t even make the playoffs....

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

It's funny. My wife and I moved to Boston November of 2000.  We went to a friend's house with a bunch of people to watch the Rams/Pats super bowl - Feb 3, 2002.
People were literally *crying* tears of joy when they won. It was unbelievable. 
I've been a huge football fan since the 80s and it was a great game but this was next level.
I soon found out about the years and years and years of basement dwelling that these fans had been through (I was a 49ers fan) and couldn't have been happier for them. It was after that I quickly became a Patriots fan. For people to live and die with their team like that year in and year out was eye-opening. (maybe that's why I a tiny part of me roots for the Browns each year?) 
Sidenote - I also learned this about the RedSox when they won in 04.  

Ahh, 04 what a year for Baston.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Playoff Lenny. He's been huge for them all playoffs.

Wow. Bucs are for real. Nice run. 

Well. Done watching. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I would have never believed anyone if they told it would be 31-9 going into 4 quarter. Very much know that Chiefs like to come from behind but wow just totally not expecting this. Good game. And this fourth quarter kinda reminds me of a scenario like a seasoned veteran is in the lead in a golf tournament and needs to hold on, because a hot young gun is capable of going low down the stretch.... Had get golf analogy in here somewhere. 🙂

Mahomes is a special talent. So far TB defense has KC number but you never say never........

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Honestly, this is how I envisioned the game happening in my head but I never thought it would actually play out this way.

Mahomes is a special player, but that Bucs defensive front is just simply mauling a patchwork o-line.

I would have never believed anyone if they told it would be 31-9 going into 4 quarter. Very much know that Chiefs like to come from behind but wow just totally not expecting this. Good game. And this fourth quarter kinda reminds me of a scenario like a seasoned veteran is in the lead in a golf tournament and needs to hold on, because a hot young gun is capable of going low down the stretch.... Had get golf analogy in here somewhere. 

Sitting here in my 15 yr old jersey and my ‘02 Super Bowl Champion cap cheering on the Bucs!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 minute ago, fozcycle said:

Sitting here in my 15 yr old jersey and my ‘02 Super Bowl Champion cap cheering on the Bucs!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sapp, barber or brooks lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I can’t believe the Bucs actually pulled it off, their D shut down the Chiefs, I didn’t know anyone could.

If there’s anyone left who hadn’t conceded Brady is the GOAT, it’s time to...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)