TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ventus users chime in...

bens197

I am really impressed with the amount of Ventus users on Tour. There are so many choices and among the red, blue and black it seems to fit a wide spectrum of players.  

It's also piqued my curiosity about making a switch in my G400.  I am still trying to decide if I fit it to my current driver or if I start from scratch.

Fitting is scheduled at the end of the month primarily to get a new hybrid in the bag and want to make the most of this time. I watched TXG review the SIM DHY last week and really liked what they had to say especially after a recommend by @chisag

So for those of you who are Ventus (velocore) players, I would love to hear the WHY of why you chose to switch.  Also, the why of why you chose blue black or red.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I won a blue 6x when they first came out. I had it in a g400 for a season. It works as designed and dispersion was really good. 

The x for my swing was good when I was swinging well but when I was off I gave up some launch and distance. If in the right color and flex the shaft is great

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I switched to the Black last season.  I'm not a data tracker but it felt like it did bring my dispersion in.  I play a notoriously unforgiving head (Taylormade SLDR 430) and seems like the shaft helped to bring my misses in.  I went black for the lower spin profile.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

35 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I switched to the Black last season.  I'm not a data tracker but it felt like it did bring my dispersion in.  I play a notoriously unforgiving head (Taylormade SLDR 430) and seems like the shaft helped to bring my misses in.  I went black for the lower spin profile.

I'm not a big data driven guy but I see the value, especially when it costs over $300...I've got a good grasp on what my numbers are from prior fittings so I believe I would have a good basis on going Blue.  My only concern would be do I choose a stiff or X.  When I was fit for my hzrdus, I couldn't turn over a 6.5 but I currently play a 6.5 Even Flow Black.

The demo will be worth the time and effort so we'll see...Thanks for chiming in...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

29 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I'm not a big data driven guy but I see the value, especially when it costs over $300...I've got a good grasp on what my numbers are from prior fittings so I believe I would have a good basis on going Blue.  My only concern would be do I choose a stiff or X.  When I was fit for my hzrdus, I couldn't turn over a 6.5 but I currently play a 6.5 Even Flow Black.

The demo will be worth the time and effort so we'll see...Thanks for chiming in...

The ventus blue has a pretty stiff tip. I played ef blue 6.0 and it worked for my swing and had me in the range of my optimal numbers for launch, spin and land angle. The ventus blue 6s would be a better fit for me than the x. I never got lm numbers with the 6x but I know positions off the tee where im normally at and the ventus when off had me 10-15 yards short and when on I hit some bombs with it.

The ventus 6x definitely flew in a lower window for me compared to the ef blue

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

I am really impressed with the amount of Ventus users on Tour. There are so many choices and among the red, blue and black it seems to fit a wide spectrum of players.  

It's also piqued my curiosity about making a switch in my G400.  I am still trying to decide if I fit it to my current driver or if I start from scratch.

Fitting is scheduled at the end of the month primarily to get a new hybrid in the bag and want to make the most of this time. I watched TXG review the SIM DHY last week and really liked what they had to say especially after a recommend by @chisag

So for those of you who are Ventus (velocore) players, I would love to hear the WHY of why you chose to switch.  Also, the why of why you chose blue black or red.

In the Honma fitting last year the Black was the best of the bunch. It was better by far for keeping spin above the knuckleballs I was getting out of EFSZ and AD-IZ 7X. The combo of head and shaft was definitely better. In the fitting I did recently, the combo wasn’t showing to be a great fit. It’s a year later, I’ve been working on a new swing, and I did mesh better with shorter/stiffer/heavier. In looking back, I would LOVE to get my Atmos Black TS 7X in the Honma head and go against Ventus. From what I’ve heard from two fitters at CC, the Ventus is just the Atmos with Velocore added. Not saying it’s fact, but just what I’ve been told. If you have the chance, try Atmos as well. Cheaper now, and may fit pretty similarly. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

Here’s your chance to try out the Ventus for a week for $20!

https://www.shaftshack.com/custom-golf-shafts-for-demo/driver-and-3-wood-golf-shafts?sort=featured&page=2

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The ventus blue has a pretty stiff tip. I played ef blue 6.0 and it worked for my swing and had me in the range of my optimal numbers for launch, spin and land angle. The ventus blue 6s would be a better fit for me than the x. I never got lm numbers with the 6x but I know positions off the tee where im normally at and the ventus when off had me 10-15 yards short and when on I hit some bombs with it.

The ventus 6x definitely flew in a lower window for me compared to the ef blue

This is what I’m looking for, thank you. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

THATS the site!  I remember you sharing it and I couldn’t rack my brain. Thanks 😊 

Ill give the atmos a look. I remember reading about it and for what it’s worth, any Fuji shaft is going to be decent. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Give it a go. I have the Ventus Black 6X in my driver, 7S blue in my 3 wood and 7X blue in the 5 wood. In addition, my 4 iron bent to 19 degrees also has the blue 9X hybrid shaft in it. Dispersion is excellent. Ball flight is right where I like it. Fairways hit are in the 75% plus range and the ball just goes. My distance increased in 2020 by probably 7-10 yards on average. Just be sure you try the Velocore version, not the version that Taylormade is putting in the off the rack woods. They are different.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

12 hours ago, BKordon said:

Give it a go. I have the Ventus Black 6X in my driver, 7S blue in my 3 wood and 7X blue in the 5 wood. In addition, my 4 iron bent to 19 degrees also has the blue 9X hybrid shaft in it. Dispersion is excellent. Ball flight is right where I like it. Fairways hit are in the 75% plus range and the ball just goes. My distance increased in 2020 by probably 7-10 yards on average. Just be sure you try the Velocore version, not the version that Taylormade is putting in the off the rack woods. They are different.

Thank you, I like that setup you've got.

I'm most eager to see how it compares on dispersion.  Good reminder on the TM version, there's a couple guys here who gave some pretty good insight into the differences.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

On 2/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, PMookie said:

In the Honma fitting last year the Black was the best of the bunch. It was better by far for keeping spin above the knuckleballs I was getting out of EFSZ and AD-IZ 7X. The combo of head and shaft was definitely better. In the fitting I did recently, the combo wasn’t showing to be a great fit. It’s a year later, I’ve been working on a new swing, and I did mesh better with shorter/stiffer/heavier. In looking back, I would LOVE to get my Atmos Black TS 7X in the Honma head and go against Ventus. From what I’ve heard from two fitters at CC, the Ventus is just the Atmos with Velocore added. Not saying it’s fact, but just what I’ve been told. If you have the chance, try Atmos as well. Cheaper now, and may fit pretty similarly. 

The atmos is lower spinning and launching than the ventus approx 275rpm and 2*.  I have both Atmos black TS6x and Ventus black 6x for my TR20 460.  The real reason the Ventus beats the atmos is velocore.  Accuracy is everything.  Dispersion is tighter, misses smaller.  If you play a consistent cut the atmos may win.  your results may vary. Best 2 shafts in the standard fit matrix by far.  IMHO

Full transparency they both got beat handily by LAGolf Trono 65TX.   DEEP

I've got the Blue 6X in my bag and it's not going anywhere for a very long time.  Paired with the Mavrik Sub Zero I had my best and most confident driving year by far.  I was longer by 10 yards or so on average than the TS3 with Fuji Pro 2.0 TS.   I'll feel like I make a terrible swing, but the dispersion is just so much tighter than what I'd expect.  Took a few rounds to get used to the timing, but I'm likely not going to switch to any other shaft unless noticeably better with a different head combo.  

I know it's not the same thing, but I've got the Atmos Blue TS in my hybrid and find the ventus to be much smoother overall than atmos.  I really like the Atmos as well, but the ventus is just that much better to me.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Interested in these shafts, but unsure whether the blue or black will suit better. Sadly almost impossible to demo where I am. Am I right in thinking both are low spinning?

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

1 hour ago, Murray06 said:

Interested in these shafts, but unsure whether the blue or black will suit better. Sadly almost impossible to demo where I am. Am I right in thinking both are low spinning?

Black may be a touch lower spin, but they are both classified as low spin shafts.  Blue is mid launch and Black is lower launch.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

1 hour ago, Murray06 said:

Personally, I am in the process of running a Black 6X through the process of whether it will work for me. Due to winter in the Rockies. I have only hit it once. I actually made the progression from Blue 6X to Black 6S, which I used predominantly once my son convinced me he needed my Blue 6X. He's 14 and is in the growing stage and his swing speed increased a bunch last year. 

I am seeing a lower ball flight with the 6X and have not had it on the course yet. I had it built +1 inch, so I have options to work with. If I decide the longer driver doesn't perform the way I need it to, I can take the inch off. I can also go back to the 6S, as it is my backup shaft anyway. I managed to hit 75%+ fairways in 2020 with this shaft and it is plenty long. Yes, I am chasing a bit with going longer, but at the end of the day, I'm playing better than have in years. 

I would conclude with this: The Blue was the first Ventus shaft rolled out by Fujikura and I think they went with the mid flight for a reason. Now, we are seeing an abundance of Ventus Black and Ventus Red showing up in the bags of tour players. The flight is my best guess as to why. I don't think the Blue will fly overly high and I do use the blue in my 3 wood and 5 wood. Regardless of which way you decide to go with, be sure it is a Velocore shaft. This is where the biggest difference lies. 

Miura KM 006 LH 

I think it would be the blue which I go for, purely because it is closest to the current shaft I was ‘fitted’ for. On paper at least anyway. Interesting you’re playing both S & X. What’s your swing speed? Mine is about 102 and have always played stiff so would continue with that. 

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

This would be great to try, but no Wilson tips listed. I get that few players use them, but it has to be as many or more than the Nike drivers that they have an adapter for right?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Murray06 said:

I think it would be the blue which I go for, purely because it is closest to the current shaft I was ‘fitted’ for. On paper at least anyway. Interesting you’re playing both S & X. What’s your swing speed? Mine is about 102 and have always played stiff so would continue with that. 

Honestly, I do not know what the exact number is, as I haven't checked it. Part of the reason for both the S and the X is with my quicker transition, and going longer, we decided to go X with the +1 inch shaft. My biggest concern will be hitting the center of the club face consistently. I do a similar thing with my faraway woods, with the 3wd being a 7S and the 5wd is a 7X. It is more about feel for me as opposed to swing speed only. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to go a certain direction. It is what works for me.

Happy hunting.

Miura KM 006 LH 

On 2/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, bens197 said:

I have the Black in my G410, and it is a fairway seeking club for sure. Just watch the swing weight, I had to add a heavier grip. I kept getting stuck, but that was alot on me. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

29 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I have the Black in my G410, and it is a fairway seeking club for sure. Just watch the swing weight, I had to add a heavier grip. I kept getting stuck, but that was alot on me. 

What were you swinging prior to the Ventus?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

What were you swinging prior to the Ventus?

I had the Tensei Orange 60X, so higher balance point. This one is more stable, and tighter dispersion, but the Orange is more friendly on days where I'm not swinging my fastest. The Ventus Black brings my flight lower as well, which I prefer. 

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

I had the Tensei Orange 60X, so higher balance point. This one is more stable, and tighter dispersion, but the Orange is more friendly on days where I'm not swinging my fastest. The Ventus Black brings my flight lower as well, which I prefer. 

Some have said the Orange was one of the best feeling shafts in the hands...What's your take?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Some have said the Orange was one of the best feeling shafts in the hands...What's your take?

100 percent true, it is so smooth. I actually put it back in on days where I know I don’t get to warm up, and it’s effortless. 

5 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

This would be great to try, but no Wilson tips listed. I get that few players use them, but it has to be as many or more than the Nike drivers that they have an adapter for right?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Reach-out to them because the adapter I used was universal, not specific to my brand. Worth asking

Has anyone compared the pro 2.0 to the ventus blue? I may be able to get one and boot the pro 2.0 out of my bag. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

21 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

100 percent true, it is so smooth. I actually put it back in on days where I know I don’t get to warm up, and it’s effortless. 

Hmm wonder if I should got with an orange to match my super hybrid. Have the pro 2.0 which is counter balanced so kind of similar. Any one have comparisons of the pro 2.0 TS to the ventus blue?  I might be able to get one at a 6x instead of 7x in hopes to regain some swing speed and keep diaper tight. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Hmm wonder if I should got with an orange to match my super hybrid. Have the pro 2.0 which is counter balanced so kind of similar. Any one have comparisons of the pro 2.0 TS to the ventus blue?  I might be able to get one at a 6x instead of 7x in hopes to regain some swing speed and keep diaper tight. 

I have been considering trying the pro 2.0ts or the pro ts, to help the swing weight. I can’t get away from my Ventus it’s just so good at my strike location and dispersion. 

Has anyone tipped a blue 7S 1" - 1.5" and seen any feel improvement? I haven't hit a ventus but hear the blue can get whippy if you arent super smooth and that tipping can help.

My Reviews:

58 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Has anyone tipped a blue 7S 1" - 1.5" and seen any feel improvement? I haven't hit a ventus but hear the blue can get whippy if you arent super smooth and that tipping can help.

The blue is far from whippy with a non smooth swing. Fujikura doesn’t recommend tipping the ventus at all unless one really needs to drop spin. The design is meant for the tip to be stiff already and by tipping it that much you are going to be playing a very stiff shaft.