TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hybrid or 5 wood

twyatt700

I’ve tried the whole driving iron thing to epic failure, so question out their, I’m looking to add either another hybrid or a 5 wood to the bag. I have 14.5 3 wood (235 age)and 19 degree hybrid (195 avg). I’ve seen this new super hybrid mentioned on hear so was curious what everyone’s thoughts were on the best option for this gap?

I can adjust the hybrid up to 20* so I could fit something in the middle there.

Also should you match your shafts with the driver and woods? Just wondering your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

The super hybrid sounds great but you will have to watch with how hot the face is that it doesn’t cross over into your 3 wood distances. You can look at your bag with gapping by degrees or by yardages. In my opinion if your stock yardages are where you need them to be it doesn’t matter what the gapping is. It’s seems the advertising for the super hybrid is to take the place of higher lofted fairway woods. I can’t remember the last time I walked into the store and saw anything above a 3 wood. Hybrids were in abundance for inventory. As for the same wood shafts, completely up to you. If you love your driver or 3 wood shaft it doesn’t hurt. More consistency across the board with shaft profile isn’t a bad idea 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

15 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

The super hybrid sounds great but you will have to watch with how hot the face is that it doesn’t cross over into your 3 wood distances. You can look at your bag with gapping by degrees or by yardages. In my opinion if your stock yardages are where you need them to be it doesn’t matter what the gapping is. It’s seems the advertising for the super hybrid is to take the place of higher lofted fairway woods. I can’t remember the last time I walked into the store and saw anything above a 3 wood. Hybrids were in abundance for inventory. As for the same wood shafts, completely up to you. If you love your driver or 3 wood shaft it doesn’t hurt. More consistency across the board with shaft profile isn’t a bad idea 

So are you saying the 20* could play almost like a 4w since the face is so hot?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

So are you saying the 20* could play almost like a 4w since the face is so hot?

I don’t have any experience with using one, but reading reviews and the info sheet on technology I do think a 20deg hybrid and 4wood could be very similar. “The Super Hybrid is built to deliver fairway-wood like distance”  that is straight from callaway. I believe they are trying to create a best of both worlds club, fitting in a category for woods and hybrids. Distance, forgiveness, and aesthetics 

Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I’ve tried the whole driving iron thing to epic failure, so question out their, I’m looking to add either another hybrid or a 5 wood to the bag. I have 14.5 3 wood (235 age)and 19 degree hybrid (195 avg). I’ve seen this new super hybrid mentioned on hear so was curious what everyone’s thoughts were on the best option for this gap?

Also should you match your shafts with the driver and woods? Just wondering your thoughts

If you have a 19 degree hybrid and like it, Id probably go with something like a 22 degree hybrid.  A 5-wood would probably hit the ball just as far, if not farther than your 19 degree hybrid.

As for matching shafts between your driver and woods, you can if you want but its not a rule.  I personally dont go out of my way to have them match but Im not someone who gets too hung up on shafts.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

really good breakdown by the guys at TXG

Titleist ProV1

Another way of looking at it: so long as you don't have some other yardage gap that needs to be filled, having two clubs that overlap some in yardage but have different functions is an entirely defensible bag-building strategy. Maybe the 5w and hybrid work differently for you from different lies or the tee. Maybe you tend toward a draw with one and a fade with the other. Since the long approach section of the bag turns out to be really critical for scoring, having options there is not necessarily a bad thing.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

So I’m leaning towards the 4 hybrid option after playing yesterday, I’m getting lessons for the first time in my life so I feel like I shouldn’t make any changes in my bag until I can get my irons figured out. Thanks for the feedback everyone. On a side note I’m OUT on the hazardous shaft in my driver, hit my brothers speed zone driver with the atmos tour blue on the last hole and hit the best drive of my life, same shaft as in my 3 wood so I’m going with the matching set.

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

On 2/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, RollingGreens said:

The super hybrid sounds great but you will have to watch with how hot the face is that it doesn’t cross over into your 3 wood distances.

@twyatt700 - I know you decided to not touch your bag, but Rolling is right about this. Not only is the Super Hybrid hot faced, it's a little longer than a typical hybrid would be for the loft so it's a bomber. I really like my 17 degree SH (lofted to 16, at 41.5"), but it plays the role of a 3 wood in my bag. I then have a "normal" 21 degree hybrid at 40" lofted down to 20 that fills the 4-5 wood/3 iron role. From there, I'll be going to my Sub70 699 4 iron at 21.5 degrees and 38.5".

The question I'll pose is, "What role do you want the club to fill?" Is it solely to fit a yardage gap on paper, or do you routinely need a club for the distance between the hybrid and 3 wood? Used only from the tee or do you want to hit greens with it from the fairway?

I've played with various combinations of driving irons, hybrids, and woods until finally settling on what I have now. I used to carry a true 3 wood because that's what everyone does, but I never hit it from the fairway and realistically I was better off just hitting driver from the tee. I tried a driving iron but didn't hit it consistently enough from the tee, and I certainly couldn't hit it from the turf. I'm much better with my 20 degree hybrid in both of these instances.

That being said, my bag is largely setup for my home course which is not long at ~6,200 yards. There are really only two holes where I'm looking at any opportunities to go 200+ into the green, so once I get past 5-iron, equal gapping isn't all that important for me to score well.

For reference, I'm hoping my gapping plays out something like this at the top of the bag:

• Driver - 260+
  • Super Hybrid - 230
  • Hybrid - 215
  • 4 Iron - 205

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

[mention=94001]twyatt700[/mention] - I know you decided to not touch your bag, but Rolling is right about this. Not only is the Super Hybrid hot faced, it's a little longer than a typical hybrid would be for the loft so it's a bomber. I really like my 17 degree SH (lofted to 16, at 41.5"), but it plays the role of a 3 wood in my bag. I then have a "normal" 21 degree hybrid at 40" lofted down to 20 that fills the 4-5 wood/3 iron role. From there, I'll be going to my Sub70 699 4 iron at 21.5 degrees and 38.5".
The question I'll pose is, "What role do you want the club to fill?" Is it solely to fit a yardage gap on paper, or do you routinely need a club for the distance between the hybrid and 3 wood? Used only from the tee or do you want to hit greens with it from the fairway?
I've played with various combinations of driving irons, hybrids, and woods until finally settling on what I have now. I used to carry a true 3 wood because that's what everyone does, but I never hit it from the fairway and realistically I was better off just hitting driver from the tee. I tried a driving iron but didn't hit it consistently enough from the tee, and I certainly couldn't hit it from the turf. I'm much better with my 20 degree hybrid in both of these instances.
That being said, my bag is largely setup for my home course which is not long at ~6,200 yards. There are really only two holes where I'm looking at any opportunities to go 200+ into the green, so once I get past 5-iron, equal gapping isn't all that important for me to score well.
For reference, I'm hoping my gapping plays out something like this at the top of the bag:
  • Driver - 260+
  • Super Hybrid - 230
  • Hybrid - 215
  • 4 Iron - 205

I just can’t hit my 4 iron that far, but I also am just a poor iron player at this point, I’m thinking if I can Get my iron striking better it won’t matter as much.
That gapping is close to mine except I’m a little shorter with the driver, hit my 3 wood about 225 and my hybrid 205.
That being said I went on second swing a picked up this super hybrid for $249 with the tensi orange stuff hybrid shaft 🤣🤪

On 2/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, twyatt700 said:

Looking for something off the tee, ground or both? If both let me know what you find...I have spent 20 years trying to gap that gap correctly. 

4 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

I just can’t hit my 4 iron that far, but I also am just a poor iron player at this point, I’m thinking if I can Get my iron striking better it won’t matter as much.
That gapping is close to mine except I’m a little shorter with the driver, hit my 3 wood about 225 and my hybrid 205.
That being said I went on second swing a picked up this super hybrid for $249 with the tensi orange stuff hybrid shaft emoji23.png🤣🤪

You state that you are a 7.6 I'm going to say that you are a better iron player than you give yourself credit for. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

24 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Looking for something off the tee, ground or both? If both let me know what you find...I have spent 20 years trying to gap that gap correctly. 

You state that you are a 7.6 I'm going to say that you are a better iron player than you give yourself credit for. 

I've drifted up to a 9 recently lol, I guess when you play with scratch players a lot you get a false sense of reality

I tried the G410 hybrids and they were OK for me but simply did not offer the ball striking performance (now confidence) I have with the G400 5w.  It seems hybrids are kind of a love hate thing.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Both, I really just want to have something to fill the gap after the three wood and ahead of the hybrid

52 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Both, I really just want to have something to fill the gap after the three wood and ahead of the hybrid

Have you tried the DHY? I haven't had it that long, but so far it is filling the gap nicely and no real difference from tee to turf. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I’ve given up on the utility irons, I’m a hybrid player, I’ve just accepted it lol. I guess if it’s good enough for Webb Simpson it can be good enough for me lol

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I’ve given up on the utility irons, I’m a hybrid player, I’ve just accepted it lol. I guess if it’s good enough for Webb Simpson it can be good enough for me lol

It's interesting how some club designs fit like a glove and others like a cheap suit. I haven't looked too hard into the UI's yet but hoping they agree with me a bit better than hybrids.  Now admittedly I've only tried the G410 hybrids, so maybe there is still hope I can play em like my man Webb 👍.

It's interesting how some club designs fit like a glove and others like a cheap suit. I haven't looked too hard into the UI's yet but hoping they agree with me a bit better than hybrids.  Now admittedly I've only tried the G410 hybrids, so maybe there is still hope I can play em like my man Webb .

I love my 818 h1 I literally hit it from everywhere in bandon last month, it’s what had lead me on the journey, I just feel I can swing much smoother with the hybrids vs the long irons

Anyone hit the ping g410 5w and have good success?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Anyone hit the ping g410 5w and have good success?

I did just before opting for the G400 in both 3w and 5w.  Other than cosmetic, the G410 FW's (I tested the 5w and 7w) really offered no significant gain, and I was able to get near new G400's at less than 1/2 the cost.  I find these to be so easy and reliable.  

I have been playing for 21 years. Never played anything but driver and irons.  Recently really got the bug and started playing more regularly and seriously. 

I got rid of old clubs with 3 and 4 iron.  So first fairway wood i added was Mavrik 3w, I hit it 230-250, seriously I use this off tee quite a bit.  It's easier for me to shape shot.

I liked mavrik 3 so much I ordered a 5w, 220-240, love it.  Loved that so much got the Mavrik 7w 200-220 ,this club really fills gap for me. 

I never been a fan of hybrids, just cannot stand the look.  Besides my 3,5 and 7w all are usable off tee or fairway and rough. 

The launch on these mavrik fairway woods is just awesome, it just  starts out low and rises at end of fligbr.and drops right down. Love it. 

I have driver and all 3 fairway woods in same shaft, all 4 aldila rogue white 70, driver 70x fw 70s.

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.0 driver, aldila rogue white 130msi 70x

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3w and 5w

Aldila rogue white 130 msi 70s

Callaway Mavrik 7w

aldila rogue white 130msi 70S

Mizuno JPX-919 hot metal 

5-lw, tt tour new concept x1 shafts

Odessey triple track 7 putter.

5 Wood all day long. 

Easy to hit and get airborne, good recovery club. Played a 5W for decades from the 1970's until roughly 2000... not sure why I went away from one? Recently went back and glad I did. 

Edited by Nickesquire

Irons: Ping Rapture, Stand length, stiff shaft, black dot

Driver: Taylor Made M2, 9.5 degree stiff shaft

Right handed

Rancho Mirage, CA

Current index 9.6

On 2/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, edingc said:

@twyatt700 - I know you decided to not touch your bag, but Rolling is right about this. Not only is the Super Hybrid hot faced, it's a little longer than a typical hybrid would be for the loft so it's a bomber. I really like my 17 degree SH (lofted to 16, at 41.5"), but it plays the role of a 3 wood in my bag. I then have a "normal" 21 degree hybrid at 40" lofted down to 20 that fills the 4-5 wood/3 iron role. From there, I'll be going to my Sub70 699 4 iron at 21.5 degrees and 38.5".

• Driver - 260+
  • Super Hybrid - 230
  • Hybrid - 215
  • 4 Iron - 205

This is really helpful. I recently changed irons from the callaway big berthas to the Srixon z585s. Love them, but the higher/regular lofted Srixons have caused me to rethink gapping at the top. 

previously I hit my 5 iron 190, then 4 hybrid 200-205 and 3 hybrid 210-215. And was terrified at the hybrids. I have a 3 wood that goes 225-235. I rarely hit my 3 wood off the deck...it’s primarily a club I hit off the tee for drives that I need to hit shorter than 250 yards (some courses here have hazards at 250). 

now, my 4 iron only goes 190. So I need to drop a hybrid given I carry 4 wedges. There my pw goes 125-130, gap 110-115, sand 100 and lob 80. I really love my gapping below, but not sure what to do. do I drop my 3 hybrid? Or maybe drop my 3 wood for a 5 wood (although I have no idea how far that would go). But maybe the 5 wood would be easier to hit off the deck?

I prefer hybrids heavily over fairway woods mostly because of my angle of attack.  The hybrid gives me more of an iron feel with the added bonus of more forgiveness.  I've played utility clubs in the past fairly decent, but the hybrids are just more consistent and better dispersion overall.   My issue with fairway woods is that I tend to try and steer them a bit more and usually have the same dispersion as my driver.  

What you could do is have a 5 wood as a back up dependent on conditions. You mentioned having the hybrid for Bandon (windy conditions), which would definitely be the better play, but potentially have the 5 wood on normal summer and firm type conditions as it will get the ball more airborne than a hybrid and still have plenty of forgiveness.

Even though I don't play fairway woods as well, I'm considering adding one to my bag as a backup.  Right now my bag goes from driver to 2 hybrid.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Ended up getting a g425 5 wood. They felt great, and I’m hitting them 215-225, which slots in behind my driver at 250-260. I’m no longer terrified on fairway woods (although this is all simulator, not outside yet). I still have the 4 hybrid which slots in at 205. Contemplating the g425 here too from the epic flash. I’m hitting the flash ok lately but the g425 on a demo was so much more consistent. 

two questions. Is the 4 hybrid similar to a 3 iron in distance. And any thoughts on the 4 hybrid vs a 7 wood?