Our Sponsors

Hoping to see a whole lot more of this paddle signal from the course Marshals on Speith's drives.  The man has simply got to find the fairway more often 😬.  This tournament is kind of a love hate deal for many... love the course... the format not so much.  But, due to C19, this year will not be a pro/am format and only feature professionals.  Man, am I ever going to miss seeing Bill Murray 😉.  

image.png.66b929f9b249fdb99829cdf971347136.png

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is happening to our PGA Tour threads?  What does where DJ and a host of other US Tour players choose to play around the world, which they and bunch of the European counterparts do all th

I know my wife asked " Who that was? and what rock from the 60s did he crawl out from under?"  Of course I told her he is probably like me retired and not giving 2 hoots. Since I retired and got hurt

this just makes me feel a little bit better    

Posted Images

I’ve never been a fan of the tournament because of the Pro-Am aspect because I don’t enjoy watching horrible golf and horrible golf swings. It’s always been one of those tournaments where I might catch a bit of Sunday, but not seek to watch other days.

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Spieth having had past success there I'm hoping he follows up with another strong performance this week.

With DJ in the field, you've got to wonder if every week is his to lose as dominant as he seems like he could be...

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’ve never been a fan of the tournament because of the Pro-Am aspect because I don’t enjoy watching horrible golf and horrible golf swings. It’s always been one of those tournaments where I might catch a bit of Sunday, but not seek to watch other days.

Well then, we can thank C19 for a break from that aspect of the event. Pro-am events preceding the Thursday start is OK but when they play through the weekend I don't like it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Anyone else familiar with the Kevin Hall story?  I am watching the "Silent Fairways" biography about him on TGC and had not heard about him before.  He's been around awhile and I watch a number of Korn Ferry events but don't recall anything about him.  Anyway, an amazing and cool storyline.  

APGA star Kevin Hall receives AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am exemption (usatoday.com)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone else familiar with the Kevin Hall story?  I am watching the "Silent Fairways" biography about him on TGC and had not heard about him before.  He's been around awhile and I watch a number of Korn Ferry events but don't recall anything about him.  Anyway, an amazing and cool storyline.  

APGA star Kevin Hall receives AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am exemption (usatoday.com)

Wow, inspiring stuff.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, PMookie said:

I’ve never been a fan of the tournament because of the Pro-Am aspect because I don’t enjoy watching horrible golf and horrible golf swings.

Agree - love Pebble Beach of course, but the amount of attention the broadcast puts on the celebrities/athletes always takes away from the tournament for me.  I don't want to see the konoca-minolta-bizhub-swing-vision camera of George Lopez or Ray Romano's action.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

On 2/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, PMookie said:

10 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Agree - love Pebble Beach of course, but the amount of attention the broadcast puts on the celebrities/athletes always takes away from the tournament for me.  I don't want to see the konoca-minolta-bizhub-swing-vision camera of George Lopez or Ray Romano's action.  

So this is your year to watch, I wasn’t too keen on the celebs either:

Due to local COVID-19 circumstances, the tournament will be conducted without spectators and without its traditional pro-am format and will feature 156 professionals only. 

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black

As of today from the reports I have read DJ has pulled out. No reason reported. And like others in years past I could only tolerate so much of the celebs. Actually Bill Murry got on my last fricking nerve

• Like 3

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I like seeing the celebrities and how they play. I’ve still got to get to playPebble at some point

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

When I lived up north I enjoyed the event. It was normally post super bowl, pre spring training so it helped to bridge the gap and bring a promise of spring around the corner.

That hanged when we lived to Wisconsin and spring didn’t really set in until June. In Florida I rarely would watch it because it’s the first weekend where the days have gotten long enough for me to play golf on Sunday afternoon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Explanation Please!

I tried to pick up James Hahn and it asked for a bid.  I placed my bid and then selected Tom Hoge in case I didn't get Hahn.  It immediately put Hoge on my team.  Why is that?  

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

Explanation Please!
I tried to pick up James Hahn and it asked for a bid.  I placed my bid and then selected Tom Hoge in case I didn't get Hahn.  It immediately put Hoge on my team.  Why is that?  

The only available Hahn’s had be dropped by someone during last nights waiver run and is put on waivers. The only way to get him would be to wait for the waiver period to clear. I think the period is 24 Hours. Hoge was classified as a free agent so he was put on your team.

One of the negatives of fantasy sports is that you can drop a player and make it so someone can’t pick them up before the game starts.
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/7/2021 at 10:39 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Hoping to see a whole lot more of this paddle signal from the course Marshals on Speith's drives.  The man has simply got to find the fairway more often 😬.  This tournament is kind of a love hate deal for many... love the course... the format not so much.  But, due to C19, this year will not be a pro/am format and only feature professionals.  Man, am I ever going to miss seeing Bill Murray 😉.  

image.png.66b929f9b249fdb99829cdf971347136.png

I'm hoping the theory hold's true that the shorter course will keep driver in his bag more and ultimately help him.  I hope that's the case.

He is figuring it out though...his Strokes Gained Approach is improving significantly, hopefully the driver follows suit.  Maybe I'm just drinking the Kool Aid, but I really like his chances this week.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BIG STU said:

As of today from the reports I have read DJ has pulled out. No reason reported. And like others in years past I could only tolerate so much of the celebs. Actually Bill Murry got on my last fricking nerve

DJ's win last week at the Saudi International and jetlag has him looking to recover at home and then get ready for next week's Genesis Invitational.

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020: tested BirdiePutt PuttUp mat

I 'm with you on Murry. His schtick is way to old and no longer funny.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Waggles is off to a quick start and setting the pace. And don't stare but there has been a JB Holmes sighting 🙂

Image result for popeye golf gif

But, not to be out shown, Jordan gets the BIG Bird  holing out from 120 yards on the par 4 #10 😍.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn’t get to see any of the golf, but watching Golf Central now. Big fan of Stuart Appleby, think he’ll be great as an analyst, but the HAIR. Dude. No.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member