Jump to content

ATT Pebble Beach - 2021


fixyurdivot
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

...OK, I'll take the small bird.  Still a great showing from Jordan and I think its just a start.

T3 is pretty good with a birdie-birdie finish... BUT 65-67-71-70 still shows a poor weekend.  I'll pick him when he has two rounds in the 60's on the weekend.

  • Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spieth is close, but that Sunday pressure is still a little much for him right now. So glad to see him right there again, though! The Tour needs him to bring the eyeballs.

  • Like 8

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another close one by JS. Really was pulling for him. Two good showings back to back. Think the game part is good enough to win. Still have to wonder how close mentally he is to finishing the deal. I do think its close but when its mental that part can span a several tournaments until the break-thru. DB finished awesome. Will be fun watching him at Masters this year. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Spieth could only get his driver to an average level, he would be contending every time. He certainly has gotten better from a year ago but he is not there yet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fun to see players TAKE wins. Koepka took the WMPO last week with a chip in eagle on the 71st hole, and Berger this week with an eagle on the 72nd hole. Good stuff! More fun to watch than Sundays where the winner is the one to hold on while everyone else falls back.

  • Like 6
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Middler said:

Fun to see players TAKE wins. Koepka took the WMPO last week with a chip in eagle on the 71st hole, and Berger this week with an eagle on the 72nd hole. Good stuff! More fun to watch than Sundays where the winner is the one to hold on while everyone else falls back.

Agree.  He stated in his interview that the putt was his best ever.  I'd go as far as saying that 3 shot sequence, under that scenario, were his best ever.  

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Agree.  He stated in his interview that the putt was his best ever.  I'd go as far as saying that 3 shot sequence, under that scenario, were his best ever.  

I'd agree on his 2nd & 3rd - but I don't believe for a minute that he meant to put his drive on #18 to the right of the big tree in the fairway...

GettyImages-1302165351.jpg

Pebble-Beach-18H-0111-0032-8-x-12-JD.jpg

  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Middler said:

I'd agree on his 2nd & 3rd - but I don't believe for a minute that he meant to put his drive on #18 to the right of the big tree in the fairway...

GettyImages-1302165351.jpg

Pebble-Beach-18H-0111-0032-8-x-12-JD.jpg

That big blue wet thing guarding the left has unintended affects...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2021 at 8:18 AM, LICC said:

If Spieth could only get his driver to an average level, he would be contending every time. He certainly has gotten better from a year ago but he is not there yet.

I agree to an extent, it looked like he driving was a big part of his problem on Sunday, so I looked at the PGA Tour statistics.  For the tournament, Speith's Strokes Gained off the tee was +0.351, 37th out of 67 who finished.  Worst was -4.9, best was +4.1, so Speith was right around the middle of the pack for the week.  In SG Putting, he was #42 of 67, slightly below the middle.  Where he made up ground was SG Approach the Green, #10 of 67, and SG Around the Green, #12 of 67.  They don't break the statistics down by round, but I do agree, sub-standard driving on Sunday brought his stats down to the middle.  

But he's definitely on a positive trend.

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holing a couple from the fairway probably helped his strokes gained on approach shots!!  😄 

I'm not a stats junkie so here are a couple possibly stoopid strokes gained questions....

What yardage from the green do they transition from approach shots to shots around the green?  And do you have to miss a green with an approach for shots around the green to kick in or do Bryson like drives that get you within 10 yards count as shots around the green?

I'm guessing you get bonus driver strokes gained for driving the green & putting for eagle like Berger did!

  • Like 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Holing a couple from the fairway probably helped his strokes gained on approach shots!!  😄 

I'm not a stats junkie so here are a couple possibly stoopid strokes gained questions....

What yardage from the green do they transition from approach shots to shots around the green?  And do you have to miss a green with an approach for shots around the green to kick in or do Bryson like drives that get you within 10 yards count as shots around the green?

I'm guessing you get bonus driver strokes gained for driving the green & putting for eagle like Berger did!

I didn't know, so I googled, and found this:

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/05/31/strokes-gained-defined.html

Driving is all par 4 and 5 tee shots.  Around the green is within 30 yards of the edge of the green.  And for the last bit, I think you're right.  To calculate Strokes Gained "anything", you take the expected strokes to hole out from the initial position, subtract the expected strokes to hole out from the finish position, and subtract 1 more.  If your final position is 15 yards, on the green, as compared to 20 yards, in the rough, you get a significant improvement in SG.

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I agree to an extent, it looked like he driving was a big part of his problem on Sunday, so I looked at the PGA Tour statistics.  For the tournament, Speith's Strokes Gained off the tee was +0.351, 37th out of 67 who finished.  Worst was -4.9, best was +4.1, so Speith was right around the middle of the pack for the week.  In SG Putting, he was #42 of 67, slightly below the middle.  Where he made up ground was SG Approach the Green, #10 of 67, and SG Around the Green, #12 of 67.  They don't break the statistics down by round, but I do agree, sub-standard driving on Sunday brought his stats down to the middle.  

But he's definitely on a positive trend.

Yes and let's not forget the have no statistics for what's going on between the ears.  I suspect that has been at least 50% on his challenge since the tumble.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I agree to an extent, it looked like he driving was a big part of his problem on Sunday, so I looked at the PGA Tour statistics.  For the tournament, Speith's Strokes Gained off the tee was +0.351, 37th out of 67 who finished.  Worst was -4.9, best was +4.1, so Speith was right around the middle of the pack for the week.  In SG Putting, he was #42 of 67, slightly below the middle.  Where he made up ground was SG Approach the Green, #10 of 67, and SG Around the Green, #12 of 67.  They don't break the statistics down by round, but I do agree, sub-standard driving on Sunday brought his stats down to the middle.  

But he's definitely on a positive trend.

Good point. It's not just his overall driving stats, but how his driver holds up in the key pressure moments of a tournament. He seems to be spraying it a lot in those situations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good point. It's not just his overall driving stats, but how his driver holds up in the key pressure moments of a tournament. He seems to be spraying it a lot in those situations.

He also didn’t convert much on Sunday with the flat stick. I can remember at least 3 putts that missed by only a fraction.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...