Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Concept Helix grips by Golf Pride

Albatrass

Was asked by Golf Pride to install, test and provide feedback for the new innovative Concept Helix grips.  The first thing I noticed was the weight. They are slightly heavier than traditional grips.  Other than that they feel pretty much the same.  The installation procedure is what sets these grips apart from any other.  There is no need for tape or accelerate to install the grip.   A plastic tool is used to install the grip.  The tool is placed into the open end of the grip which is placed onto the shaft.  You then slide the grip down the shaft until the butt end of the shaft makes contact with the butt end of the grip.  Then take the tool which has a socket that fits into the butt end of the shaft and twist the open end of the grip a couple of turns then twist the butt end of the grip.  Do this a couple of times and it will stop twisting.  Then turn the tool until you hear a couple of clicks.  It is installed.  If it does not go on correctly you can remove the grip and start over.  I had no problem putting them on.  I do see a couple of potential problems.  1. If you have arthritis in you hands you may not be able twist it completely. 2. If you are hard of hearing you may not hear it click.  Aside from that it makes putting on grip easy.  You do not have to deal with tape and using an accelerate.  When you replace the Concept Helix grips it will be much quicker since you use the tool to remove the grip.  Have hit my clubs and the Concept Helix grips feel and perform just as well as conventional grips.  I would imagine Golf Pride will improve on any problems that the grip may present.  If you go to the Golf Pride website you can see a video on the installation process.  

Do the instructions list butt diameter sizes the grip supports? I.e, .580, .600, etc.
2nd What about rules while in play? If it comes loose in middle of round are you able to fix the grip? Is this permissible in tournament under USGA rules?
I do like the concept and the grips look nice. Probably will improve over time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

They look like a solution in search of a problem. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Watched a video of someone installing these and looked like it took 3 times the effort and time to install versus tape & solvent or air. Seems to be aimed at the hobbiest who doesn't want to pay their local Dick's/PGA Superstore, but doesn't what to invest in basic install equipment.  

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

13 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

Do the instructions list butt diameter sizes the grip supports? I.e, .580, .600, etc.
2nd What about rules while in play? If it comes loose in middle of round are you able to fix the grip? Is this permissible in tournament under USGA rules?
I do like the concept and the grips look nice. Probably will improve over time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My understanding of the rules indicates yes to both questions.

10 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Watched a video of someone installing these and looked like it took 3 times the effort and time to install versus tape & solvent or air. Seems to be aimed at the hobbiest who doesn't want to pay their local Dick's/PGA Superstore, but doesn't what to invest in basic install equipment.  

The first one I did took about 5 to 6 minutes after that they were less than 5.  In addition, when you need to replace them you do not have to remove any old tape.