Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Forged Iron Scars

fixyurdivot

3 hours ago, Cbfodalo said:

I bought a set of Calloway neoprene covers, and I thought they looked great,  but I found it to stressful worrying about losing them. My solutions was to get a founders club cart bag with the 14 molded dividers. Works great, every club has a spot so it's really easy to find correct club and I never have to wonder if all clubs are there. I picked up an older used model bag for $70. The newer ones  have a better top layout, but I like the one I have. 

I love the look of mizuno forged irons, but I especially the muscle back blades. I will buy and sell a couple sets a week. Sometimes I strip the chrome, but I most times I just use a wire wheel to take shine off, and I the only way I hand rub them with oil and fine scotch brite, I find it very therapeutic to hold those little prices of forged steel in my hands an bringing out the natural beauty of the metal. I polish the faces to re. I've brown spots and use brasso to polish them up, it's purely cosmetic as the chrome is gone. To me, it is that spot tells me someone played them well or at least struck sweet spot consistently. 

On my players the wear mark is like a battle scar, I am proud of it. 

Wow, I'm impressed that you're buying and selling a few Mizuno blades a week.  May need to do some business with you!  

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash Driver & 3W

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash 2H

:srixon-small: ZX 3U

:cleveland-small: Cobra F7 4-5H

:mizuno-small: MP-32 3-PW OR :srixon-small:Z745 5-PW

:srixon-small: AW 51

:ping-small: 2.0 Glide Stealth 55 & 60

:ping-small: B60 Putter

I sold a beautiful set of mp25's that I chrome stripped and I polished to a beautiful satin nickel finish. I I also picked up a set of mx23 forged cavity backs, and my 10vyear old son and I just scotch brite polished with some oil, and did fresh paint fill and sold them with original shafts and grips. I have a set of mp 30 chrome stripped, with RP 6.0 rifle shafts that are also sanded down to a satin finish going to sell in 12 hours. I also have sales pending on two sets of mizuno altron irons, which is the se and the fwd, and a nice old but clean set of Wilson Staff Ultra 45 irons with the firestick 3.5 shafts. 

I just picked up a complete set of msx,  3_pw,sw, 1 w, 3w,5w, all matching mizuno gold graphite shafts, woods are freaking tiny. I also have two sets of mx-23, a  set of mx-25, a ping eye 2 set coming in this week to be refinished and sold. 

I also have a set of mp20hmb and a set of jpx919 forged coming in about 3 weeks, I will be playing the jpx 919 forged with either project x steel 6.0 on them or will swap my amt tour white x100's. Actually probable just going to use the amts as they already have three wraps of tape and my favorite grip on them. The project x will go into the jpx 919 hm pro set I am currently gaming then up for sale. 

I M intrigued by the mp20 hmb (hot metal blades) they are forged but hollow,in long irons and these are brand new so I doubt I will hit them.... 

Edited by Cbfodalo

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.0 driver, aldila rogue white 130msi 70x

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3w and 5w

Aldila rogue white 130 msi 70s

Callaway Mavrik 7w

aldila rogue white 130msi 70S

Mizuno JPX-919 hot metal 

5-lw, tt tour new concept x1 shafts

Odessey triple track 7 putter.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, Cbfodalo said:

My solutions was to get a founders club cart bag with the 14 molded dividers. Works great, every club has a spot so it's really easy to find correct club and I never have to wonder if all clubs are there.

I've looked at those and want to see one close up.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)