TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grips Anyone?

On 2/12/2021 at 8:38 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I've been playing Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 in standard size and they feel pretty good.  During my testing of the ZX5's, the fitter asked about my grip size, looked at how I was gripping (space between fingers and palm) and asked how the club I was hitting felt.  It felt really good.  He then told me it as the TV but in "midsize"... which based on my hand dimensions is what he recommends.

So I'm looking at new irons that will have black matte finish composite shafts and thinking a grey color grip would look pretty nice.  I now see the "midsize" and "midsize Plus 4" options... the latter suggesting "how the pros get more power".  Anyone tried these?

Also, I started looking at Lamkin's website for Deck Contractor Lake Stevens... any suggestions which are most similar to the TV 360?

I am considering putting these grips on my clubs but want to hear other's opinions. Obviously a thicker lower half of the grip should make it harder to turn over a shot, but any other thoughts on this grip? Any guys on tour using them yet or not really? Also read somewhere that people think they wear quicker because the rubber is different or something..

3 hours ago, lukafred said:

I am considering putting these grips on my clubs but want to hear other's opinions. Obviously a thicker lower half of the grip should make it harder to turn over a shot, but any other thoughts on this grip? Any guys on tour using them yet or not really? Also read somewhere that people think they wear quicker because the rubber is different or something..

I've noticed no different wear curve with these.  As far as what the tour players are using I'm sure they get whatever works for them in terms of grip, how it gets installed, how many wraps and where they are placed, etc.  A lot of them use cord grips either full or partial.  Given how much they use their clubs it probably makes more sense to focus on what works for you.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

A couple of years ago when I got fit for irons, the fitter noticed I was flipping at impact.  He fit me into the MCC +4 midsize plus an extra wrap on the bottom hand.  Said the reduced/eliminated taper helps quiet the bottom hand. So in that sense it could make it harder to turn over, but if you're struggling with your bottom hand getting dominant they could help.  I've been playing them for 2.5 years now and love them.

I haven't noticed any issues with wear, and I imagine if I was better about giving them a good scrub more regularly I could get more life out of them. But, I replace grips for my buddy and he pays me in new grips for my clubs so I generally just swap them out if they're feeling slick.  Playing in Florida sweat is a factor and they seem to handle sweaty hands pretty well, haven't had any issues with slipping even during July afternoon rounds. Got my buddy playing them as well (he particularly likes the Align version) and he plays without a glove and says they're great.

TItleist TS2 (9.75*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw (50*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Taylormade TP5 or Maxfli Straightfli

I like the +4 option in grips.  I wish my current grip had that as a option.  Instead, I build up the bottom of the grip with 4 layers of tape to get the same effect.  I find that I have better touch on delicate wedge shots and I less grip pressure in my right.  I wear an XL glove so the midsize +4 or built up option work will for me. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer