Swell's Point is awesome, in great shape and is open to the public even though it is a military course. I love it!

• Like 2

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:24 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

OK.  I just realized that 5/9 is Mother's Day, so that's definitely a NO for me.

@cnosil - No fans at the Pure Silk this year, right?

@GolfSpy_THV / @Golfspy_CG2 - Are you guys in?

My daughter now has PGA Jr. League on Sundays, so I'm out for weekend golf for a while.  I'll be sneaking in after-work nines when I can, but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )

On 4/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, cnosil said:

No fans at pure silk but I am working as a walking scorer so we get to attend.

I'm a marshal this year since they arent having standard bearers. I tried to get on the walking scorer's but she said you all filled up quick, which I get.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tchat07 said:

I'm a marshal this year since they arent having standard bearers. I tried to get on the walking scorer's but she said you all filled up quick, which I get.

Let me know where you are marshalling or when you are working.  I will be scoring everyday and would love to say hello.    The walking scorer group is pretty consistent year after year but they do get a few new people every year.  Gotta get signed up quick especially since returning volunteers get to sign up early.    I started as a standard bearer and that is a great committee as well;  even sub for them when they are short.  The only reason I switched was because adults only work 2 days of the tournament. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

Let me know where you are marshalling or when you are working.  I will be scoring everyday and would love to say hello.    The walking scorer group is pretty consistent year after year but they do get a few new people every year.  Gotta get signed up quick especially since returning volunteers get to sign up early.    I started as a standard bearer and that is a great committee as well;  even sub for them when they are short.  The only reason I switched was because adults only work 2 days of the tournament. 

Yeah I was supposed to a few years ago but that was the year it poured and the tournament was shortened. As of now I'm on hole 3 for Thursday and Sunday. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Yeah I was supposed to a few years ago but that was the year it poured and the tournament was shortened. As of now I'm on hole 3 for Thursday and Sunday. 

My  current schedule is:   

• Thursday  grp 14,  approx 8:21, tee 10
  • Friday   grp 41, approx 1:43, tee 1
  • Saturday grp 16 approx 11 tee 1
  • Sunday grp 32. approx 1:30, tee 1

Sat and Sun will probably vary a little based on number of players making the cut and adjustments that need to be make to add/remove scorers from the schedule.  Eager to see who I will be walking with this year 🙂    Maybe you will be the person that provides the driving distance to the scorers.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG