Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Berg Ryman goes on a Putter Quest

Berg Ryman

Fitting results  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of putter will Berg Ryman end up with after his fitting?

• Odyssey/Toulon
    • Scotty Cameron/Bettinardi
    • PING
    • TaylorMade
    • Evnroll
    • SIK
    • PXG
    • Seemore
    • LAB Golf
    • Other
    • His old faithful Nickent Pipe, of course!

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Also one more question...

I've never taken a dive this deep on a putter fitting.  How much of the decision was based upon data and stats and how much was feel / instinct?

Yeah I'd like to hear more about that, too. Honestly for me, every putter I've purchased was based a lot on my comfort level with it when rolling it in the store, and how it fit my eye vs. how many putts I holed with it.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

52 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Congrats man, few people here have the gift to illustrate the experience as well as you.

I am far from surprised to read you chose the SIK...I'm also pleased to report I was one of two who chose SIK as your #1 so that feels pretty cool 😎

With any luck we'll be able to get out and play this summer / fall.

Actually you were the only one who chose SIK correctly.  I cheated and voted in the poll after I already knew what he picked out yesterday.

thats-how-i-roll.jpg.154397093ce40c76ea6cbe66fd9e1685.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

23 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Actually you were the only one who chose SIK correctly.  I cheated and voted in the poll after I already knew what he picked out yesterday.

thats-how-i-roll.jpg.154397093ce40c76ea6cbe66fd9e1685.jpg

I told my 3yo I guessed correctly and asked her what I won. She said I get to have a brownie.

Not a bad day.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

You lost me right here... don't see PING on the grip 😆

4 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

CYhffXcl.jpg

A winner is hidden among these photos.

Nice write up, it was a fun thread to follow.  My recent fitting yielded the ER5 HB as "the one" but I have yet to pull the trigger.  I want to try some of the other PING mallet designs with similar specs, and that TS did not have, to see how they perform. Plus, if your pipe bomb is anything like my B61, it will start pouring them in from everywhere 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Boy I must have screwed up my vote then because I thought I was the second overall voter and voted for the Sik. I was coming here to ask if that got me off the hook for losing the iron only challenge lol. You still need to hit me up on that Berg. 

Anywho,  great writeup. I’m glad you included the tidbit about not noticing much with the face tech.  I’m hoping to find somewhere close to me to try it myself.  I’m curious if it will help with the forward press on short putts and the occasional putt that starts hopping early. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Anywho,  great writeup. I’m glad you included the tidbit about not noticing much with the face tech.  I’m hoping to find somewhere close to me to try it myself.  I’m curious if it will help with the forward press on short putts and the occasional putt that starts hopping early. 

Well BnG, it might be because I don't forward press much and my delivery was pretty consistent. If you look at @PMookie's post above with the lie angle slide, those diamonds on the putter face show where the face made contact with the ball. On @PMookie you can see it was higher on the face, on my slide it would be like dropping that grouping down to about where center is while keeping it a touch right of that center line.

As such, the DLT may not make as much an impact for me, but it does feel good to know that regardless of delivery I'm getting a consistent roll. For someone like yourself who may come down on the ball with that forward press you may see an incredible benefit. All I say is that it's worth a try for sure.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Plot twist: Berg bought a lefty. 

Yea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

A POST OF DESTINY... A POST OF LEGEND

So, before I get started diving in here I want to say something to all of you. I don’t have many friends around me in real life, most moved away after law school back to where they came from or have moved for other job opportunities. The outpouring of support in this thread has really picked up my spirits during this dark time in our history with the pandemic, the political strife, and the crappy winter months of Central New York. Just wanted to let you know that y'all are jam up folks in my book. If there’s ever an MGS get together anywhere and I can make it, I just shake all of your hands and say thanks.
I’m going to take you through this day in the life of Berg as I only I can. Very slowly and building in anticipation until a late release of information at the end. Sadly, I do not have all the slides from the fitting at my disposal, but I do remember some of the pertinent information at hand. By the end of this, hopefully you learn something or at least enjoy yourself.
First, let’s talk about the drive. Yes, the rest of the nation was under a deep freeze yesterday. My favorite descriptor was on Twitter that it was like putting a Hot Pocket in the microwave, warm on the edges, but frozen in the middle. Luckily for me, I was able to beat the weather, save for some flurries that dropped visibility, but clear roads the whole way. Also, NY has moved to cashless tolls, this was my first time on the Thruway since they did it, it was highly efficient.
So, I left my house around 10:15 for the 12:30 appointment. I got to Victor with plenty of time to spare so I took [mention=72203]bens197[/mention]'s advice and hit up Tom Wahl’s for an early lunch before the fitting. What a choice this was. The building it was located in was a quaint old school little strip store front with wooden signs for the locations. The place had a cool drive in vibes, very 50’s-60’s motif. I had myself a basic lunch, cheeseburger with tomato and ketchup, fries and the locally made root beer. Bruh, that root beer was exceptional, a solid cream aftertaste with a rich flavor. The burger was large, the roll fluffy and after eating it I wish I had got two. The fries were fries, nothing wrong with them, solid crinkle cut. In all, a high recommend!
OPyQQKrm.jpg
3angsknm.jpg
This lunch was choice!
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Berg, I’ve read 4 paragraphs, now starting on five and nothing about this has anything to do with a putter fitting or head shapes or stroke identification. Well, I bring up what happened before the fitting to bring forth one of my three learned thing about the fitting process. Make sure you’re comfortable before the fitting. Don’t bring stress into a fitting and make sure you’re on a full stomach. Don’t change anything about your usual day. Luckily a place like Club Champion has snacks and drinks for its customers if you go for the fitting, but some places don’t. So key number one for a good fitting, be comfortable and ready to go.
I pulled up to the store at 12:15, because CC recommended we get there 15 minutes early and I met my fitter, John Kagel. John used to work in the metropolitan area as a club builder and rep for Callaway Golf but even he wasn’t ready for the Pipe. He had never seen anything like it, said it looked like a cannon. He took it away for some static measurements before handing it back to me and this is where I knew I had picked the right guy.
You see, I had a fitting at Club Champion before with a guy who they brought up the road from the local Dick’s Sporting Goods when the store opened. His static measurements showed that I had a putter with a 72 degree lie angle and 2.5 degrees of loft. The testing at that time showed I needed to flatten the lie angle by a degree to 71 and deloft the club to 1 degree. Well, it turns out that dude didn’t know a wristlock from a wristwatch to steal a favorite Gorilla Monsoon phrase. John measured my club at 69 degree lie angle and 3.5 degrees of loft. This brings me to tip number two. Vet your fitter if at all possible. Knowing that John had experience in the field made me very confident in his measurements. If you have a guy you go to consistently, go to that guy. Please note, this is not a slam of big box fitters and employees. I was one of them, but I also knew my limitations in what I could and couldn’t do. If you are going to drop the coin to get fit, get a solid fitting experience from a solid fitter.
Ok, so onto the Pipe and how it performed. In all honesty, it was pretty solid. On the 7 putts I took with SAM puttlab, I made 6 of them from around 10-12 feet. The one thing that John and I both noticed was that they were going with pace, more of a hit than a stroke if you know what I’m talking about. We discussed feel and I told him the firmness of the insert was ok with a softer ball, but since I was transitioning to a firmer ball this season, likely Pro V1X, I didn’t want that hot launch off the face. The good news here is that my stroke on the whole is very consistent. Sam Puttlab scores on timing, tendency, and consistency. I scored in the low 90’s of timing and tendency, but because I was putting with a face balanced putter, my consistency score only went in with a 75.
Oh the face balanced thing, yeah, turns out exactly what I thought I was going in was what I was putter wise. The one surprise was that I wasn’t even a wide blade or blade style, I was a straight up mallet guy, but I needed some toe hang help, like 30-45% based on face rotation. My stroke was very straight back, but closing through the stroke so that toe hang was needed. Also worth noting, I was delivering the putter head 1.8 degrees up through the stroke, so we needed to flatten that lie angle to 68 degrees. The loft was solid at 3.5 so we worked on building around those specs. A length of 34.5 was determined to be the length needed.
lTqznTPm.jpg
Our spec slide
The next part was fitting the putter of my dreams. Luckily, as you can see below we had a wide variety to choose from.
pXshQRDl.jpg
KxduSz4l.jpg
IxxemcWl.jpg
Rf6Zwksl.jpg
G2UwpwSl.jpg
CYhffXcl.jpg
A winner is hidden among these photos.
John asked me if there was anything I was heart set on or if I was totally brand agnostic. I’m a member of My Golf Spy, you know what I said. So we picked multiple shapes from multiple brands with multiple feels. Eight of them in total. Here’s a list of things that didn’t make the final head to head shootout and my thoughts on them.
Ping Tyne Heppler: A good baseline putter, but nothing really spectacular to me in feel or performance. It didn’t inspire the type of joy and excitement other brands did in me. Maybe that’s a me problem, but it is what it is. A solid choice for some, just not for me.
Toulon Las Vegas Slant: Fourth place finisher. That stroke lab feel is still so good, but the face was firmer than the inserts from the other Odyssey’s. The problem was that feel was very clicky on a Pro V1, and going with a firmer ball than that was going to push feel into unpleasant territory for me.
Taylormade FCG Plumber’s Neck: This was the putter we tried in place of the Triple Track Blade. My stroke had an tendency to over rotate the more blade weighted putters, and that was evident in the in the FCG. Also, head light so stroke pace was sped up in my feel.
Evnroll ER5: So the ER5 was the putter of choice for the Evnroll crew. It was ok for me, just fought it a touch since it was a bit below the toe hang suggestion. Solid speed control with the grooves like you would expect, but just a touch of inconsistency in the stroke due to that toe hang. Likely a 5th place finisher if we were ranking.
LAB Golf: I asked the lab question of John and we tried it. He said it was too face balanced for my stroke and after trying it I agreed. A slight disappointment because it was one of the favorites in my mind going in but the numbers didn’t lie. Felt nice though off the face.
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5: 3rd place finisher of the group. It was the 2019 version, maybe if it was that inverted material version I would have liked it more. As such it was solid, felt nice and gave a nice pop off the face. The problem was compared to what we ended with going head to head, it just didn’t have the same confidence as those shapes with what we had.
Now, you’ve seen 6 brands of putters, some of which you were probably expecting to see, some you probably thought may be one of the last two. Well, the time has come to reveal the putter that finished as runner up… and it was close between these top two. That putter is…
THE BETTINARDI QUEEN B 11
Above all the other putters, easily the best looking and best feeling of the bunch. That Rose Gold is a stunner in person and the classic mid mallet head shape inspired some confidence in me. I used a face balanced mid mallet before, the Taylormade M2 Nubbins, and it felt like home coming back to something similar. The face was butter and it felt great. So why is it the runner up? Well, it comes down to those tiny little variables. The head weight of this putter is 362 grams, it’s light and I felt sometimes, and it was visible to myself and John, that my backstroke path could deviate from the consistency, bringing it slightly wide and having to fight it on the way through. If I was choosing on all the visual cues for a putter, no doubt it would have been sweet lady Betty… but it was not to be.
Now, for the moment you’ve been waiting for, you’ve ready nearly 1750 words to get to the point, the putter that I will be gaming for the upcoming season and hopefully the foreseeable future is…
THE SIK FLO
Sometimes MGS gets it right with their Most Wanted Testing. The SIK Flo rated as the best putter for slight arc strokes in the 2020 mallet test and it was right there for me in this test. Is it as pretty as Bettinardi? No, and no one would ever claim it to be so. However, in person I will tell you the head is sneaky small compared to what you think it is and it has a very industrial look, which I kinda like. The feel is pretty solid, as you would expect from a one-piece milling, and the grooves do help that ball get rolling with decent speed. Now, let’s talk about the descending loft technology (DLT). I didn’t see any quantifiable in the testing for it, but I do think it can help. Also, alignment with the Flo was very easy for me, I was using more of the top line of the putter which has a nice thickness to it to show the face was sitting square. Lastly, and perhaps biggest for me was the weight. You see the lead tape on the Pipe, the Plumbers Neck SIK weighs 410 grams which really smoothed the backstroke out. No bringing it outside, no wiggle, just consistent stroke.
This brings me to my third and final fitting point. Don’t fight the numbers, within reason. Look, if something appears to be a total outlier to you on recommendation, maybe go for a second opinion if possible. I go back to that Stroke Lab fitting, I gave myself completely over to the fitter and trusted him when I knew something was slightly rotten in Denmark. I wish now I knew then what I knew now about my stroke and my gamer and knew that an Anser style blade built upright and delofted was always going to end in a disaster. But with John and these choices, things added up and I felt confident in the two options, hell, even the Cameron would have been a fine choice for me. Don’t go completely number happy, but don’t be blind to them either.
After we went through all the putters, we ordered the SIK at the following specs. Plumbers Neck hosel, 34 inch end of grip measurement, 68 degree lie angle, and 3.5 degrees of loft. Black alignment line on the back flange. I skipped on the customization of paint fill and what not for now, maybe a trip to Golf Garage in the future, but not for now. Also, standard size SIK grip, made by Iomic. I’ve been back and forth with John over the past few hours about the length build, but I wanted to keep it as close to what I was rolling at the store yesterday. It should be here in a few weeks once it goes through the CC build shop. I look forward to sharing the unboxing with you when it gets here and now that I’ve also got a Puttout on the way soon, it’s time to actually practice. Here’s to dropping that Arccos number this season!
Again, from the bottom of my soul and heart, a thank you to all of those who have commented and read this far. I hope I’ve given you what you wanted. As always I’m here for more questions and communication.
The pleasure was mine…

Great write up, really enjoyed it!!
Good luck with the new magic wand

Rick

Left Hand, 

I feel as though we all need a tracking number here, or at least regular updates, so we can experience the anticipation together. And also the frustration of watching Berg's shipment get closer to him, then inexplicably go to some other state, then back again...

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Just now, GolfSpy MPR said:

I feel as though we all need a tracking number here, or at least regular updates, so we can experience the anticipation together. And also the frustration of watching Berg's shipment get closer to him, then inexplicably go to some other state, then back again...

The questions is will it be USPS? He can post his thoughts on them in that thread if it is 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

The questions is will it be USPS? He can post his thoughts on them in that thread if it is

I’ve got something coming USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon this week... I ordered the Amazon one tomorrow and it got here yesterday, the others are all late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

@Berg Ryman - Thanks for a great read. Sounds like it was an excellent experience.

I have to say, I thought you'd end up with a L.A.B. But those SIK putters are really cool, especially the face tech. 

Excited to see some pictures when it comes in!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So I have some bad news. I talked to John and that it was gonna take a bit if time for it to get here. They need to order from Sik, send it to their builder to spec it out l, then ship it to me.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

However, I will say this. That Puttout Premium looks mighty fine and if only there was a guy who needed help with his putting

SIK Golf Flo-C

However, I will say this. That Puttout Premium looks mighty fine and if only there was a guy who needed help with his putting

The addition of the alignment rod holder seems really cool. The other new stuff wouldn’t be enough to get me to upgrade.

But I use mine daily. It’s right next to my desk in the office. Haha. I think they’re awesome and I use it more than any putting aid I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Congrats on your choice Berg. You depended on the numbers and they definitely represent. Look forward to more on the Sik after you get it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So I was stumbling on SIK's website the other day and found the tour guys using SIK putters. We all know Dechambeau is rolling the Pro Armlock, but were you aware the most popular style of their putter on tour is the one I'll be gaming?

Sure, it doesn't have the cache of Dechambeau, but Chris Baker, Tim Wilkinson, Cameron Percy, and Charl Schwartzel all use the SIK Flo plumbers neck, Lanto Griffin uses Sik Flo double bend.

Kinda nifty if you ask me

SIK Golf Flo-C

Also, before anyone asks and since @Bucky CC brought it up in the commissioners Slack, I did not get the black finish option now available for pre-order. Just never liked black putters, I actually prefer that industrial look of the stock SIK.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Just caught up on this theead. 

Great read Berg!  Congrats on the new flat stick, can’t wait to see and read about it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I will probably buy a SIK putter one of these days, but need to see if my lower cost Odyssey arm lock experiment works out. If arm lock works, that means I need to buy a SIK arm lock putter lol. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

An Update!

My putter is currently in 'staging' at the Club Champion build center. Apparently we're waiting on some components. A small update, but one none the less!

SIK Golf Flo-C

An Update!
My putter is currently in 'staging' at the Club Champion build center. Apparently we're waiting on some components. A small update, but one none the less!

Getting closer

Rick

Left Hand, 

WE HAVE AN ARRIVAL DATE!!!!

It's March 22 at the latest. That's the date. Thank you for your attention to this pressing matter of nothingness.

SIK Golf Flo-C

8 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

It's March 22 at the latest. That's the date. Thank you for your attention to this pressing matter of nothingness.

Hey this time of year we'll take ANYTHING as something to look forward to 😄 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

12 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Live view:

91FBB982-5BE6-4806-846D-A418E133156A.gif.c7052b4de51e7745ea1e3b5e4fcc91ae.gif

T-minus 14 days. 

Great thread Berg, thanks for sharing all of this.  I just hit on the tread and read all. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

13 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Live view:

91FBB982-5BE6-4806-846D-A418E133156A.gif.c7052b4de51e7745ea1e3b5e4fcc91ae.gif

T-minus 14 days. 

Real live view is me looking at a computer screen trying to figure out how not to go crazy with so many trials over the next 3 weeks. Work load right now is unsustainable. I'll need that putter in the back of my brain to keep me from going crazy.

SIK Golf Flo-C

5 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Real live view is me looking at a computer screen trying to figure out how not to go crazy with so many trials over the next 3 weeks. Work load right now is unsustainable. I'll need that putter in the back of my brain to keep me from going crazy.

I feel you there! I’m transitioning between roles which basically means I’m doing two jobs for the price of one. 🙃

my putter is right next to my desk and gives me a good quick mental break a few times a day.