Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Guitar: Who plays

puttnfool

Long story short, I'm 44.5 years old.  This winter is killin' me and I decided to try to learn to play.  Haven't touched a guitar for ~30 years and even then I wasn't really that interested. 

Anyone got any good tips, sites, videos, etc. to help an old newbie learn?

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

I’m 44.8 years old (ha!) and have played regularly for about 25 years. I’d recommend following Marty Music on youtube. He’s a goofy likable guy that does easy lessons. There are plenty of other good lessons on the tube besides him but he’s a good place to start.

Other than that, you can always just pick a song you want to learn and type it plus lesson in the search bar and you’ll find a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I'm 45 and been playing for around 20 years, completely self taught and I still cannot play a lead lick to save my life LOL! I'm more of an acoustic noodler but I can play well enough to record, although drums are my main instrument. 

My advice is to play daily to build those fingers up. I like to grab a scale diagram and then YouTube a backing track in that key so I can noodle around, it helps me learn the scale notes a lot better than just going up and down the neck repeatedly. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

JustinGuitar on YouTube is a good resource. He's also got a website that has some good resources like a practice log, metronome, timer, and practice planner. He has his lessons all organized for beginners, intermediates, and more advanced players. It's all free too. He does have some paid stuff for playing along with songs as well but he does have a bunch of free song lessons as well.

Paul Davids has a couple courses that are pretty good as well, but they are a bit expensive. Learn, Practice, Play is his beginner course with some more advanced exercises for intermediate players and he has Next Level Playing for intermediate players and up. I believe he said he's working on a new course now to be out soon as well which I assume will be aimed at more advanced players.

Tyler Larson from Music is Win has a subscription based course called Guitar SuperSystem that I've not tried but seems like a solid resource as well. It can work out to be cheaper than the Paul Davids courses depending on how long you're subscribed for but you don't get lifetime access to everything like with Paul's, I don't think.

If you're looking to delve more into the theory side of things too, Rick Beato is the one to go to. He posts great content on YouTube from breaking down classic songs to explaining modes to livestream whiteboard lectures every Friday. He also has a book that he updates semi-regularly on music theory which is a great resource to have. It's like 450+ pages. He does a sale on it every livestream.

Long story short, I'm 44.5 years old.  This winter is killin' me and I decided to try to learn to play.  Haven't touched a guitar for ~30 years and even then I wasn't really that interested. 
Anyone got any good tips, sites, videos, etc. to help an old newbie learn?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE