It just dawned on me that none of us have been picking BAD of late. Seems not that long ago he was golf 24/7/365 and was running the table while guzzling protein shakes.  He may now be the USGA & RA's biggest problem... as in a HUGE chunk of their argument is proving a wee bit shaky.

Riviera looks like a great course!  Anyone ever played there? That 309 yard #10 is doing a great job sucking them into the "risk/reward... or not" decision.  Lots of players finding trouble and bogeys.  JT just seems to be in a funk.  Residual heavy heart from his granddad's passing perhaps.  He just seems to not really be in it right now.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those in the media who question whether Finau will ever close one out for a win. The dude had the best round by 2 strokes on Sunday and had the 2nd best round on a brutal Saturday. I wouldn't call

Remember Berger talking about feeling like he was having a heart attack from the pressure?! INSANE. These aren’t even the MAJORS! Let’s one know how incredible Tiger and Jack were! “Onions!” LG TF

We get it. You don’t think any American should play overseas. Your point was made in last weeks thread so drop the sold out comments.     Nice win by Max. Gets him in to the WGC next week. Part

Posted Images

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It just dawned on me that none of us have been picking BAD of late. Seems not that long ago he was golf 24/7/365 and was running the table while guzzling protein shakes.  He may now be the USGA & RA's biggest problem... as in a HUGE chunk of their argument is proving a wee bit shaky.

Great point! BAD really doesn't seem to have "it" since he's started the new season. He's kind of all over the place driving-wise, and just can't seem to score. Hard to imagine after that US open, where it seemed like he was going to win every single proceeding event no question

Riviera looks like a great course!  Anyone ever played there? That 309 yard #10 is doing a great job sucking them into the "risk/reward... or not" decision.  Lots of players finding trouble and bogeys.

And sheesh no kidding?? Did you see Morikawa's double from a tee shot that ended in the front right green side bunker? From probably 10 yards from the green he still didn't get a GIR 😬😅😂

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

Riviera looks like a great course!  Anyone ever played there? That 309 yard #10 is doing a great job sucking them into the "risk/reward... or not" decision.  Lots of players finding trouble and bogeys.  JT just seems to be in a funk.  Residual heavy heart from his granddad's passing perhaps.  He just seems to not really be in it right now.

Very interesting take from Scott Fawcett concerning that hole that he shared on the Hack It Out Golf podcast.  Basically said that the supposed ideal layup spot required an inordinate amount of precision to achieve the so-called “best” angle.  And, that the best way to play it is to go for it, and then reassess...you either draw a good lie and stay aggressive, or you don’t get so lucky and play for par.  If I remember right he said there was a .25 scoring advantage in 2020 for those who went for it versus the layup crowd.

• Like 5

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

51 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Great point! BAD really doesn't seem to have "it" since he's started the new season. He's kind of all over the place driving-wise, and just can't seem to score. Hard to imagine after that US open, where it seemed like he was going to win every single proceeding event no question

And sheesh no kidding?? Did you see Morikawa's double from a tee shot that ended in the front right green side bunker? From probably 10 yards from the green he still didn't get a GIR 😬😅😂

Yup.  I watched Rory and a couple of others double that hole.  It's got just enough trees and bad positions to make the errant go for it bomb shot costly.  Perhaps the governing bodies grappling with the distance issue need to study some of these layouts a bit more closely.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did JT and JS trade games?  I can't remember JT playing as poorly as he did yesterday.  Kudos for Jordan; his game is looking decent, but it's not the weekend yet.  

Did you see Xander play #10?  Driver to somewhere 90 yards left of the green, but managed to save par.  How does he hit driver 90 yards offline?  I think the hole psychs players out; they have to trust the shot they choose, and many don't seem to.

I liked the way BK played #10.  I think he played a FW to get close to the green but short of the bunkers; easy pitch shot and makes birdie.  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Did JT and JS trade games?  I can't remember JT playing as poorly as he did yesterday.  Kudos for Jordan; his game is looking decent, but it's not the weekend yet.  

Did you see Xander play #10?  Driver to somewhere 90 yards left of the green, but managed to save par.  How does he hit driver 90 yards offline?  I think the hole psychs players out; they have to trust the shot they choose, and many don't seem to.

I liked the way BK played #10.  I think he played a FW to get close to the green but short of the bunkers; easy pitch shot and makes birdie.  

Agree.  JT just seems mentally not in the game.  He probably should have taken the week off and gone out and played with friends.  X-man's ball caught the cart path on #10 but that recovery shot was RU kidding me?  The shots these guys routinely pull off are simply insane. BK had to wait for BAD to clear the green and was obviously hacked about that groups slow play... suspect that 3w had a little PO'd associated with it.... probably was hoping to hit Bryson heels 😂

• Like 2

Mr Burns is on Fire!

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

MAX HOMA! Home field advantage, I think he’s at least top five with a chance to win on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

I always thought Max Homa should play Honma clubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I always thought Max Homa should play Honma clubs.

You just have to believe they have courted him.

• Like 2

Still loving this #10 hole.  Adam just fell victim to the "put a little more gas" behind the 3w and is now in Xander-land 🙂.  

• Like 1

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Still loving this #10 hole.  Adam just fell victim to the "put a little more gas" behind the 3w and is now in Xander-land 🙂.  

Not sure there is a better hole in golf!

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

16 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Not sure there is a better hole in golf!

Oddly enough, I believe #12 at Riviera is ranked among the top most difficult (based on avg. scoring) on tour... #10 isn't on the lists I've seen.  It's that "layup or go for it" aspect of #10, combined with it's surrounding trouble that makes it special.  Anyone know of other holes on tour that are similar... arguably with even more "sucker factor"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oddly enough, I believe #12 at Riviera is ranked among the top most difficult (based on avg. scoring) on tour... #10 isn't on the lists I've seen.  It's that "layup or go for it" aspect of #10, combined with it's surrounding trouble that makes it special.  Anyone know of other holes on tour that are similar... arguably with even more "sucker factor"?

Thanks.  Can’t think of one at the moment, which means it will come to me at 2 am. 😂

So, what’s everyone think after 36?  I don’t know much about Burns but am hoping he comes back to the field a bit.  Maybe what Spieth needs to break back through is to be a chaser on Sunday.

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Bigger than Mikelson's? 

F3544ECD-FFEA-4540-B0AC-B46D3F009716.jpeg

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

1 minute ago, PMookie said:

F3544ECD-FFEA-4540-B0AC-B46D3F009716.jpeg

😱

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/18/2021 at 7:54 AM, Mtbryant01 said:

My picks to win:

Big Dog - Rory Mcllroy

Mr. Steady - Max Homa

Out of Nowhere (kind of) - Cameron Tringale

Crushed my big dog pick! Crazy a good bit of the “top dogs” struggled this week. 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Nice to see Jordan have another decent round.  He's actually on quite a roll for him.  Hope he keeps it up through the weekend.

My two picks made the cut...  Finau and Fowler.  They both need good rounds on Sat and Sun, but I've got a feeling.  Probably just gas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So is Burns one of those long shot out of the gate horses that fades on the back stretch or is he for real?

He caught a break being paired with McCumber today I think. Three other studs including Secretariat also at -7.

Today will be interesting although I’ll miss it. I’m playing instead

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

39 minutes ago, revkev said:

Today will be interesting although I’ll miss it. I’m playing instead

Likewise.  Life is fraught with tough choices 🙂.  Hard to say about Burns and his stamina thru all 72 holes.  Saturday's are known as "moving day" for a reason.