3 hours ago, ncwoz said:

As much as I was (and will continue to be!) rooting for Tony to break through, Homa's probably one of my other favorite guys so it was a win win for this fan.

Anyone else watching feel like Riviera could/should be a Major site? My course history knowledge is nothing impressive, and I just assumed with Riviera's history it has been a semi-regular spot to host some majors. The 'ole Wikipedia tells me it's only hosted 3 majors: the US Open in '48, and the PGA in '83 and '95. I know there's plenty of great courses to choose from, but I'm really surprised Riviera isn't chosen for majors more often.

I told a friend via text yesterday morning during the completion of the third round, that it was really feeling like a Major Championship they way the course was set up.   Of course in the 4th round, Finau said phooey to that...ha  But it was still a very tough course.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those in the media who question whether Finau will ever close one out for a win. The dude had the best round by 2 strokes on Sunday and had the 2nd best round on a brutal Saturday. I wouldn't call

Remember Berger talking about feeling like he was having a heart attack from the pressure?! INSANE. These aren’t even the MAJORS! Let’s one know how incredible Tiger and Jack were! “Onions!” LG TF

We get it. You don’t think any American should play overseas. Your point was made in last weeks thread so drop the sold out comments.     Nice win by Max. Gets him in to the WGC next week. Part

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I told a friend via text yesterday morning during the completion of the third round, that it was really feeling like a Major Championship they way the course was set up.   Of course in the 4th round, Finau said phooey to that...ha  But it was still a very tough course.

Haha he really did...but I think that just speaks to how impressive of a day he had, despite the extra hole-loss!

Tony shot 64 on the day, next lowest was 66 (Homa, Rahm, Scheffler, Adam Scott). That's pretty doggone good company to be in if you ask me!

• Like 2

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

As much as I was (and will continue to be!) rooting for Tony to break through, Homa's probably one of my other favorite guys so it was a win win for this fan.
Anyone else watching feel like Riviera could/should be a Major site? My course history knowledge is nothing impressive, and I just assumed with Riviera's history it has been a semi-regular spot to host some majors. The 'ole Wikipedia tells me it's only hosted 3 majors: the US Open in '48, and the PGA in '83 and '95. I know there's plenty of great courses to choose from, but I'm really surprised Riviera isn't chosen for majors more often.

I remember that PGA well, the course played great. It would certainly be a nice major venue, again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.