Our Sponsors

We got shut down last season, after only 6 games. But so far we are on schedule for a start this Monday!!

If the snow ever melts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Thanks for coaching! Are you able to play this season? I know some states are not allowing high school sports. I get contact sports but you’d think baseball would be allowed.

We got shut down last season, after only 6 games. But so far we are on schedule for a start this Monday!! Wearing masks of course.

If the snow ever melts that is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

We got shut down last season, after only 6 games. But so far we are on schedule for a start this Monday!! Wearing masks of course.

If the snow ever melts that is. emoji28.png

Masks?  While playing?  We have never had to wear masks to play; only when entering the clubhouse.

And I thought WA was strict!  Only two people in the clubhouse at a time, and only one person in the bathroom at a time.  Makes it difficult when making the turn.  We still can't have trash cans on the course!!

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Usually,I play 52 weeks a year. This year, we sold our house in mid-December so I had a self imposed pause to pack and move. We got a rent house about 1/4 mile away but still had to pack and move.

I didnt play for 6 weeks as a result. I didnt really miss it because I was too busy.

Now, we've had the blizzard of 2021 so missed another two weeks. Played well the two times I played since Dec 1, but am looking forward to my regular rounds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
Masks?  While playing?  We have never had to wear masks to play; only when entering the clubhouse.
And I thought WA was strict!  Only two people in the clubhouse at a time, and only one person in the bathroom at a time.  Makes it difficult when making the turn.  We still can't have trash cans on the course!!

Luckily, not while playing just in the dugouts and on deck circle.

• Like 2

I think it's completely natural to occasionally have a down period where a hobby or at least part of a hobby isn't in the forefront of your life. Obviously, everyone has different reasons as this thread shows - family, weather, work commitments, coaching, etc. - and other times I'm a believer you really can have "too much of a good thing."

As someone who doesn't have a lot of additional responsibilities, familial or otherwise, golf takes up a rather large part of my free time, but I'm careful to spread around what I'm doing. Downtime is great to "sharpen the saw," so to speak, so a lot of the winter months are more focused on things like diet, exercise and learning about club design, building clubs, etc., rather than the physical parts of actually playing golf and the golf swing. I still try to get to the range once a week to stay semi-fresh, with the hope it won't take me several weeks to shake off the winter rust come springtime.

Winter also tends to be when I focus more on the other small hobbies I have, which rotate in an out based on what I'm feeling at a given time. 

I was actually thinking about this yesterday on my way home from a frustrating range session. I rarely hit the range on back-to-back days in the winter, and my sessions Saturday and Sunday were both pretty lackluster. While I've enjoyed my time hitting balls and practicing this winter, mentally I'm just a little burned out from doing nothing but hitting balls into the white snow. I'm ready to be playing again.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I can relate to Rev since we live in similar climates and have access to golf year round, but for me golf is a break from everything else going on so I've never really found myself wanting to reset. Maybe I need new/more hobbies? Maybe I should get back in the water, might help me gain some MPH's -- but will likely just further mess my back up haha.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

He’s talking about baseball, Kenny, not golf.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds.