TESTERS WANTED! ×

I was solicited by Patriot Golf

Buffly

I received a marketing email from Patriot Golf with an offer for free wedges when I participate in their test play program. I was intrigued so I called.

Basically, if you buy a wood or hybrid with a 45 day return guaranty then you get to keep the 3 wedges regardless if you keep the wood/hybrid or not. 

I passed on the deal, but it made me think. Has anyone heard of or tried their stuff?

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Looks like another thread does exist but the offer and clubs look very different now?

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

This marketing strategy has been around for a while. Warrior golf was the first on that comes to mind. I get emails from patriot and one other that I can’t remember.

I have no personal experience but Have heard the equipment isn’t horrible but it is difficult to return if you choose to return.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Patriot Golf seems to email me daily.

Right to the junk folder they go.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

This marketing strategy has been around for a while. Warrior golf was the first on that comes to mind. I get emails from patriot and one other that I can’t remember.

I have no personal experience but Have heard the equipment isn’t horrible but it is difficult to return if you choose to return.

13 hours ago, viking said:

Warrior was and or is scam, can't return and get money back, many have stated that. Sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

It's about a 45 min drive for me to their door... Makes returns that much easier. I might just have to go down and visit. If the other thread is correct that their fairways compete with TM M6 then I might have to give it a go. 

Warrior was and or is scam, can't return and get money back, many have stated that. Sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

I got a “free” 60° wedge from Warrior several years ago that was a piece of crap. I avoided them after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

16 minutes ago, tehuti said:

I got a “free” 60° wedge from Warrior several years ago that was a piece of crap. I avoided them after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. The Warrior stuff I have tried is on par with Walmart store clubs. Anything from the big 3 and little 3 is way better. 

Big 3 - Titleist, Taylormade, Callaway

Lil 3 - Ping, Cobra, Srixon

Honorable Mention: Adams, Cleveland, Wilson, Tour Edge

Muira and Mizuno are no brainers

On 2/18/2021 at 12:03 AM, Buffly said:

I agree. The Warrior stuff I have tried is on par with Walmart store clubs. Anything from the big 3 and little 3 is way better. 

I played with a guy once who had a whole bag of Warrior clubs, and a Warrior bag! For his sake I hope he worked for them. 😆

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

• 7 months later...

The Patriot golf clubs, no matter which ones, are pure junk.  I got the driver for free (and paid for 3 metal woods).  About 3rd time trying driver the face caved in!!  I did not bother to try the rest, and set-up a return of all 4.  They tried to give me clubs (and iron set) for basically free, but I said even for free I would never try them.  They after 20 minutes of trying to convince me otherwise provided me return info.  I return the 4 clubs, but I have not after multiple months got a refund.  I am disputing their billing with my credit card company now.  I've sent emails with no response, and called multiple times and left VM with never a return call.

Stay as far away as possible from these guys.

• 6 months later...

I was surprised that Patriot Golf requested our participation. After all, Patriot Golf was created to develop a golf brand that combines innovation and golf's core values as guiding principles. As a token of that, we came up with gifts as token of our appreciation. Thanks to https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K1RCTND?th=1, we ordered personalized golf towels. A special fancy design was put together just for the occasion. They are very easy to use with a carabiner clip - golf bag clips, belt loop clips, cart clips.

Edited by Loretta Villavicencio
forgot to add info

Run Forest Run! 

Run away from this deal as fast as you can.

tenor.gif?itemid=15817724

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

These clubs have got to be worse than my old set of Knights that I bought when I had no money and just wanted something to be able to get around the course with.  My five iron in that set did not even last a season before the club head snapped in half right in the middle of the face with the piece that snapped flying off into the woods to the right never to be seen again.  

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, rccpgm01821 said:

The Patriot golf clubs, no matter which ones, are pure junk.  I got the driver for free (and paid for 3 metal woods).  About 3rd time trying driver the face caved in!!  I did not bother to try the rest, and set-up a return of all 4.  They tried to give me clubs (and iron set) for basically free, but I said even for free I would never try them.  They after 20 minutes of trying to convince me otherwise provided me return info.  I return the 4 clubs, but I have not after multiple months got a refund.  I am disputing their billing with my credit card company now.  I've sent emails with no response, and called multiple times and left VM with never a return call.

Stay as far away as possible from these guys.

Did you ever receive a refund?  What did the cc provider do for you?

My experience is exactly the same as yours.

I received an email from the Texas Golf Association last November that featured one of their “partners” Patriot Golf.  I had been looking for a 5 wood.  Patriot Golf was using a legitimate medium to market their product and using the “American Veterans owned and operated” slogan.  What did I have to lose🤑.  Seriously I read about this fairly new Veteran established golf business and thought I’d give it a try.  Admittedly I was highly doubtful they could compete with the big money established golf industry and technology.  I didn’t, however, think I was contributing to a scam.

I tried the 5 wood, and it felt dead.  I never unwrapped the 3 or 7.  Actually the driver is still in it’s wrapping.  In order to return the 3 metal woods you have to call and request an rma.  I was offered a myriad of options to keep the clubs along with a free set of irons.  The representative was helpful at this point, and told me to check my email for the return information.

I promptly boxed the irons and shipped certified mail the following day.  I waited about a month to follow up.  I’m still waiting 2.5 months later.  The representative I spoke with in the refund dept informed me that I would receive a credit the following week🤬.

Honestly I think it operates much like a Ponzi scheme where Patriot Golf is dependent on new customers buying product in order to operate and refund all of us that recognize an inferior golf club.

Golf vs Pickleball.  It’s close but golf wins when choice has to be made.  Breaking 80 soon!

On 2/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, Buffly said:

I received a marketing email from Patriot Golf with an offer for free wedges when I participate in their test play program. I was intrigued so I called.

Basically, if you buy a wood or hybrid with a 45 day return guaranty then you get to keep the 3 wedges regardless if you keep the wood/hybrid or not. 

I passed on the deal, but it made me think. Has anyone heard of or tried their stuff?

Warning of Scam Alert. A yellow and black sign with the words Scam Alert isolated on a white background royalty free stock image

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I agreed to tryout a set of clubs from Patriot/Warrior Golf on September 9, 2021 with the help of someone over the phone.

I would be given the opportunity to try out some clubs, I was to receive a driver at no cost, and could return the clubs after trying them for 45 days and be refunded.

Before finalizing I was told they would take a several weeks to be sent.  I told the Patriot Rep on the phone never mind as the last 2 tournaments I was to play in were in less than a month and wouldn’t have the opportunity to use them.  He checked with someone else and stated they would be “expressed” to me in time, just a couple weeks, and we finalized the transaction.

On September 30, 2021, (after 3 weeks) I emailed Patriot/Warrior Golf customer service (cs@patriotgolf.com) and stated the clubs had still not arrived and to cancel the tryout, don’t send the clubs and refund my card.

On October 5, 2021, after not hearing back, or receiving the clubs, I sent the same message.

On October 8, 2021, after still not hearing back, or receiving the clubs, I sent the same message again.

On October 12, 2021 the clubs arrived, and Patriot/Warrior Golf emailed me back.

This is the 1st time Patriot/Warrior Golf responded to any communication.

I immediately contacted Patriot/Warrior Golf and requested a return FedEx, UPS or USPS slip.

After multiple attempts to get me to keep the clubs, I was provided a return authorization number but no return shipping slip.

I again emailed Patriot/Warrior Golf on October 14 & 18, 2021, requesting the return slip.

On October 22, 2021, Patriot/Warrior Golf informed: Per our policy we don't cover any shipping and handling costs.

On October 25, 2021, I informed Patriot/Warrior Golf: Per my policy, I don't pay for any shipping and handling costs for things I told you not to send.

I reminded them I reached out multiple times and instructed them not to send the clubs.

I had requested 4 times that the clubs not be sent.  I  further requested another 4 times a return packing slip to get the clubs back to Patriot/Warrior Golf.

I let them know I would not incur any charges for items they were clearly and repeatedly asked not to send.

I believe I was told they would be sent quickly so they could get a credit card number.

I’m convinced they waited for the clubs to be delivered before replying to any communications.

Additionally, having done some research on these “two” organizations: they are one company; Warrior Golf is bankrupt and changed their name (the box says Warrior all over it and they tried to cover it with duct tape); they have horrible BBB Ratings; and what I’ve experienced is common.

People who have returned clubs after a tryout report it being incredibly difficult, to impossible, to get their refund.  They also report the clubs to be rather inferior items.

Lousy clubs, worse customer service; buyer beware, accept offer at your own risk.

As soon as I saw this I thought, "Did Warrior change the name of their business?" I remember Warrior had my number and the offer for free irons was sent to me in my early stages of playing again. I was on the phone getting all set up for my "free clubs." At the end they wanted my credit card number for "handling fees." That was when I pulled the plug....

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

I saw the same email and immediately thought of "Warrior" from years ago.  Seems that others had the same thought.  There wasn't really anything I could find with a google search about them that wasn't either negative, or read like an advertisement on a supposed blog. 

It's frustrating that companies like these still exist and take advantage of people legitimately trying to get into an expensive sport, and capitalize on that at the cost of new players.

Giga Golf TRX irons 5-P, hybrids 3&4 , and fairway woods 3&5

TaylorMade SLDR driver

Odyssey Putter

I got the Fathers Day special last year(2021) which 8ncluded a 7 Wood, cap and ball marker.  The cap was crap, the ball marker did not have enough magnet to stay on the base. The 7 Wood, was a Taylormade RBZ knockoff.  It is still in my bag as I can get 160 out of it or 150 choked up.  The package cost me $33 for s&h.  The only issue I had was no headcover that was promised. Took them 6 months to get me the headcover..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Received an e-mail in May to try out their 3 woods and keep the golf bag free after returning them.   I called them and they charged my credit card number for all items.  They promised 3 weeks (Oh, yes, they had to "cut" the clubs to my size!).    I requested a refund after 6 weeks, and after 8 weeks, got the credit card company to go after them.  My last call to them was on August 5, in which the voice mail said they were closed for the Fourth of July weekend.  

• 3 months later...

I ordered driver to check it out and 5+7 wood for $133 each. That was back in September and 11/28 I still don’t have the clubs. I bought them telling sales guy they were for 2 week golf trip in November. He said fine. Get email 3 weeks ago saying they are little behind on production. This is nuts. Tried to get into my account and the password is as long as my arm and doesn’t work. Tried to reset and no luck. Salesman I dealt with was like used car salesman. I should have known better. Calling today to cancel and refund. I better not get the run around but I’m sure I will Not happy and will try not to lose it on phone  

patriot golf

I work in a golf shop and came across somebody with a set

he is quite happy with them and told me he’s a sucker for anything with patriot attached to it

i will say they do look like inexpensive clubs and I doubt any serious golfer would give them a second look but three free wedges is a pretty good way to find out

Smv

I get those coupons for Patriot Golf and Warrior Golf when I buy Hole in One Insurance for my tournament.  I don't even give them out...they go directly in the trash as I don't want my players to get suckered into wasting their money.  Much better to go on RockBottomGolf.com (where I buy most of my prizes for the tournament) and find a deal there on quality clubs.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

On 2/17/2021 at 10:16 AM, cnosil said:

Patriot Golf used to be Warrior Golf.  They changed names.  There were something else before changing to Warrior Golf.  Once you make contact with them you will receive a never ending supply of email and snail mail for everything under the sun they offer.  I bought a hybrid and got a free 60* wedge.  Wedge was great but the hybrid sucked.  Six months of trying to return or get credit or anything only resulted in more mail to buy something else.  I never did get nay response about the hybrid and ended up trashing it.  

Stay away from them.

GPS111

I'm sure others have mentioned that this looks like another Warrior Golf scam. Their objective isn't to sell you good golf clubs so much as to get your credit card, address, email, and phone # on file making you their retail slave. Their scam usually goes something like this.. "free set of wedges, or driver, or wood.. all you have to do is call ###, you call in and then they tell you in order to get the free wedges, you just have to pre pay $$$ for a set of irons or other clubs that you can return any time for a full refund and you can keep the wedges" in the end you end up with a crap set of wedges that you wouldn't give your worst enemy as a gag gift, a bunch more really crappy clubs, and a snake oil salesmen that is paid to do anything they can to get you to NOT return that set of clubs that you paid 5X the price for.

The only free good clubs out there are ones you inherit or get as a gift.

Stolen clubs aren't free.. if you know what I mean.. 😈

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG