TESTERS WANTED! ×

Has anyone here played or attending the Masters?

viking

Yes and yes!

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

Every golfer should see Augusta in person once for the experience, the beauty of the course and to purchase souvenirs. However, the best place to watch the Masters is on your couch, you miss too much of the tournament when you are there. Also, I may be spewing some piss & vinegar since my tickets were cancelled this year to allow more social distancing. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I have been there a few times. You have to see it to believe it. The condition of the course is incredible. There is nothing like it. They even have the bathroom situation and concessions down to a science. The food is very good and cheap compared to any other event. I prefer to go to a practice round. The players are more relaxed and sociable. Thursday through the weekend most of them won't even look you in the eye. You are a distraction from them doing their job. But the biggest drawback is the roar of the crowd on a hole that you aren't at. "What just happened" you have to wait till you get to a leaderboard and see who made a birdie or eagle. The best place to watch it is on TV but if given the opportunity you should go at least once. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Never been. Last year my childhood friend invited me to Augusta for the Women’s amateur invite since he had a girl qualify. I wasn’t able to go so I missed-out on a chance to see Augusta up-close and personal, closer than as a patron at the tournament. Sucks. I’m praying they have the tourney again, and the girl qualifies again!!!  

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It is..........an experience like no other. 

I've been going for about 40 years at a rate of about once every other year.  It has changed a lot over the years and it still is my favorite sporting event to attend but I agree with Tom TGN, the best place to watch is from your couch, especially on a Sunday. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Yes it is more amazing than you see on TV. The scale and the elevation and undulation of the property doesn't come across on the screen as it does in person. The conditioning is incredible everywhere you go. Even the walkway coming in does not have a leaf or blade of grass out of place. The gift store is in itself an experience! It is like going on a ride at Disney. Amen Corner seems surreal, like it was built in a movie studio but it's all real.

Been once in 1989, Sat & Sun rounds, Faldo won. As others above have said - every player should go in person once if possible. As impressive as The Masters/Augusta is on TV, you can't begin to fully appreciate the place, the atmosphere or the event without seeing/experiencing it in person. I've been to several other tour events (Muirfield Village, Conway Farms, Quail Hollow, etc.) and they're amazing and worth attending, but none of them compares to The Masters/Augusta.

I would love to go back, but I've never scored in the annual ticket lottery. The one in 1989 I had Corporate connections I don't have since retiring...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have been there a few times. You have to see it to believe it. The condition of the course is incredible. There is nothing like it. They even have the bathroom situation and concessions down to a science. The food is very good and cheap compared to any other event. I prefer to go to a practice round. The players are more relaxed and sociable. Thursday through the weekend most of them won't even look you in the eye. You are a distraction from them doing their job. But the biggest drawback is the roar of the crowd on a hole that you aren't at. "What just happened" you have to wait till you get to a leaderboard and see who made a birdie or eagle. The best place to watch it is on TV but if given the opportunity you should go at least once. 

Thanks. Awesome. Why so special for bathroom and concessions? All your points make sense and is what I expected. Congratulations. Must be awesome to play.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

As most probably thought and now proven by the above posts:

Great to attend practice session

Best to watch tournament on TV

Awesome food and low prices

Great scenary

Awesome to play. Paperclip you are very lucky tell us more about the course? How did you do?

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Best to watch tournament on TV

Great scenary

Awesome to play. Paperclip you are very lucky tell us more about the course? How did you do?

Proven? Except you totally missed the primary point...

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Just now, Middler said:

Proven? Except you totally missed the primary point...

I am the OP so what was missed iyho?

37 minutes ago, viking said:

Thanks. Awesome. Why so special for bathroom and concessions? 

All bathrooms have attendant's and they have a sense of humor. There is one guy for stalls and one guy for urinals. They keep an eye out for openings and call you to a location. These are big, no, MASSIVE bathrooms. You can have a line out the door of 25 to 30 people and still be in and out in less than 5 minutes. So you see this massive line and you think your not going to make it after a few Masters beers in their free souvenir cups (of course you need a set to bring home right). But it's not a problem.

Concessions are set up in buildings, one way in and one way out. Everything is set up in rows. All items are in every row on both sides. You get in an isle and move along. Drinks are already pre poured. You pick it up and go.  At the end of the isle it splits into multiple registers to pay. You just never stop moving.  As soon as you walk out there are tables you stand at to eat. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

15 hours ago, paperclip said:

Yes and yes!

I wish it was yes and yes! I have been to the Masters about 6 times and the practice rounds are the best. Most people won't believe this, but in the late 1970"s you could drive up within 100 yards to the back entrance, walk up and pay $10 -$12 bucks and go right in for a practice round.

I have been to quite a few major championships and there is nothing like the Masters or walking on Augusta National Golf Course.

Edited by GaDawg
rephrase my comment

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

5 hours ago, viking said:

There’s nothing like attending in person

Best to watch tournament on TV (Obviously you can see more on TV, but it’s not a substitute for attending in person at least once).

Great scenary

5 hours ago, viking said:

I am the OP so what was missed iyho?

Did you read the replies?

12 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Every golfer should see Augusta in person once for the experience...

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have been there a few times. You have to see it to believe it. There is nothing like it. 

The best place to watch it is on TV but if given the opportunity you should go at least once. 
9 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

It is..........an experience like no other. I’ve been going for about 40 years at a rate of about once every other year.

7 hours ago, LICC said:

Yes it is more amazing than you see on TV.

7 hours ago, Middler said:

As others above have said - every player should go in person once if possible.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

7 hours ago, viking said:

Tell us more please.

Well, I could repeat everything listed above as they are all true. I have been there twice. No, I never played there. Incredible that you can get a beer and a sandwich for $5 or just over that.

You cannot comprehend the conditioning and beauty of the place, especially if all of the flowers, trees and bushes are in bloom. I don't even want to think about what their fertilizer budget is.

The most amazing things: no running, no idiots shouting (get in the hole, mashed potatoes, etc) and the ability to save your spots and seats if necessary. Because of all this, you will encounter a level of politeness by patrons not seen at any other tournament (and I have been to others); I think it all starts by the friendliness, training and demeanor of the staff starting with the entrance gates.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

No but it has long been on my bucket list.  I would have loved to take my Dad there before he passed but could never get selected for tickets.  Since then, I've submitted a handful of times but only get Dear Bill letters.  At this point, I've pretty much resigned myself that I will not attend in person.  But, it remains my absolute favorite venue in all of sports... hands down... not even close.  So I will, like millions of others around the globe, be watching on TV every year I'm able.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well, I could repeat everything listed above as they are all true. I have been there twice. No, I never played there. Incredible that you can get a beer and a sandwich for $5 or just over that.
You cannot comprehend the conditioning and beauty of the place, especially if all of the flowers, trees and bushes are in bloom. I don't even want to think about what their fertilizer budget is.
The most amazing things: no running, no idiots shouting (get in the hole, mashed potatoes, etc) and the ability to save your spots and seats if necessary. Because of all this, you will encounter a level of politeness by patrons not seen at any other tournament (and I have been to others); I think it all starts by the friendliness, training and demeanor of the staff starting with the entrance gates.

A well run event or a well run business are the same thing - as you said, it takes everyone from the guy directing traffic, to the marshals, concessionaires.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Attended on Sunday in 2005. Was everything  that I expected. Fantastic venue, was a wet week, and you could still smell the fertilizer, lol's. Food and beverages were a bargain. Very well run tournament, and yes you are their patron and guest. It is what all venues should aspire to be.

Edited by Puttingmatt

• 2 weeks later...

I won a lottery for the right to purchase 4 tickets to the Wednesday practice round in 1996.   Everything that people have said here is the absolute truth.  Many (but by no means all) of the players were jovial and even approachable.  I remember Gary Player hitting into the "rough" (1 3/8", as always) right where we were standing.  When he got to his ball, he looked right at me, laughed and said, "They've really tricked out the rough this year!".  The most fun was hanging out at 16, watching the players wagering on number of skips across the pond, closest to the pin, etc.  We didn't see all of the players, but the vast majority participated.  The only two that we saw that were all business that day were Bernhard Langer and Tiger Woods.

The only negative was a thunder storm washing out the Par 3 tournament.

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.