TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vessel Player III Stand Bag - My Review!

stephenmatt

My Vessel Player III Bag came today! It has been out of stock for quite a while so I was excited to grab one when they came back in stock! I have not had the chance to put any of my clubs in the bag yet but I will update you all when I do! Initial impressions of the bag are "WOW". The quality is what initially blew me away. The leather is perfect, the zippers are smooth, a pretty good amount of space, and they included a free cart strap protector. Some initial concerns are about pockets for small items like tees, ball marks, etc. It does have a magnetic range finder pocket however it isn't as deep as you probably would want to keep tees and other accessories along with your rangefinder. That is my only complaint so far and I am excited to get my clubs in the bag and see how I like it out on the course!

Pros - Great quality, removable straps are in great locations on the bag, comes with a cart strap cover to help protect the bag from cart straps (obviously), relatively lightweight, free shipping...

Cons - Expensive, magnetic cover for a rangefinder is nice but does not have an exterior pocket like most bags for tees, not enough small pockets for tees/ball marks/divot repair tools, bags sell out extremely quickly, worried about how well the leather will hold up to everyday wear and tear...

Vessel Player III Stand Bag - 14 Way - Black

Price: $375.00

Link to the website: https://vesselbags.com/products/player-iii-stand

The bags on their site do sell out very fast but they have a nice feature where you can enter your email and they will send you an email when they are back in stock.

IMG_8826.jpeg

IMG_8827.jpeg

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpeg

IMG_8830.jpeg

IMG_8831.jpeg

IMG_8832.jpeg

Edited by stephenmatt

Great looking bag. I have the cart version that fits on my push cart extremely well. I used Ping Hoofers for many years and found that there just wasn't enough space and Vessel solved that problem for me. Enjoy!

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

10 minutes ago, BKordon said:

Great looking bag. I have the cart version that fits on my push cart extremely well. I used Ping Hoofers for many years and found that there just wasn't enough space and Vessel solved that problem for me. Enjoy!

Thanks man! I am excited to get my stuff into the bag!

Edited by stephenmatt

1 minute ago, stephenmatt said:

I am excited to get my stuff into the bag!

You may find that you move things around a bit too. I did, but I've had it a year and am settled in. I ended up not using the rangefinder pouch for the intended purpose and put tees in there instead. The only issue I've had is the plastic ball stencil lasted about one trip out of the back of my truck before it broke. Oops. If your version came with the cooler zipper pouch on one side, that's a great spot for things that you do not want wet. It seems to be waterproof both ways. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

• stephenmatt changed the title to Vessel Player III Stand Bag - My Review
  • 3 months later...
  • stephenmatt changed the title to Vessel Player III Stand Bag - My Review!

@stephenmatt  Do you have an update on your Vessel purchase?  I'd like to see some pics of the vinyl after ~18 months of use.  I like the bags but am reluctant to pull the trigger because I've heard from some people that the vinyl scuffs from normal use and I'm a bit worried spending that kind of money on a bag that is going to look bad after 2 years.

I bought a G-Fore bag which was made by Vessel.  It is super cool !  Make sure you use a scotch guard on the leather so it holds up better.  Also had my ball pocket ( which zips off ) engraved with my name and a red skull .   Expensive but unique !

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

I was a sun mountain user for 20 years and I will not go back. I have used the Vessel III  bag for 8 months and about 40 rounds on a push cart and riding. I am  impressed by the quality.  You can clean the white part with mr. clean magic eraser and also leather cleaner and conditioner on the rest of the bag. I wish it had another exterior small pocket. The grey fabric cart strap doesn't hold up well. Other than that it is a great bag. I purchased the black leather cart strap last month and it will definitely hold up better, it has a zipper and not sewn.

20220926_184508.jpg

20220926_184450.jpg

So now I've got another question..... Several people have mentioned maintaining the leather.  Did vessel change these bags recently?  I've been eyeing the player 3 and cart XV for about 8 months now and as far as I can tell, none of vessel's mainstream bags are leather.  They are all vinyl (aka synthetic leather), granted it's not 1970s car seat vinyl but most definitely isn't leather.  Only the handles are real leather.

So we're these bags s actual leather in the past and they've now changed to synthetic?  If the bags were genuine leather I'd be plunking down my $455 right now, but they are not.  Did I miss the boat and should be looking for an older used one?  

On 9/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, ChitownM2 said:

@stephenmatt  Do you have an update on your Vessel purchase?  I'd like to see some pics of the vinyl after ~18 months of use.  I like the bags but am reluctant to pull the trigger because I've heard from some people that the vinyl scuffs from normal use and I'm a bit worried spending that kind of money on a bag that is going to look bad after 2 years.

I actually have yet to use it believe it or not. I kind of wish I got a 6 way top rather than the 14 but when I bought the bag I was only really using 14 way top bags. Right now I am using 5/6 way top bags so I haven't been able to put the Vessel bag into my rotation yet but from everything I have heard is that the bags hold up extremely well.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, ChitownM2 said:

The one thing you do not have to worry about regarding these bags is the quality. It really is amazing.

• 3 months later...