TESTERS WANTED! ×

Help! Making a Final Putter Call

Scooby456

Because why not ask the internet 🙂 !

Looking at either the Cleveland HB Soft Premiere 11s or the Minuzo MCraft V. But match my specs with a heavier toe-hang putter. Cleveland offers the SOFT face tech while Mizuno offers the weight kit to dial in and adjust over time. I would give the very slight nod to feel to the Mizuno but splitting hairs. I think both look sharp, maybe pick the Mizuno if you put a gun to my head but could happily game either in the looks department. The Mizuno runs $120 more. (If Cleveland's custom shop was open and I could get my daughter's nickname stamped on the back that would be the tiebreaker.)

Anyone with thoughts or insight into which way I should go? I'm one that tends to pick a club and stick with it so looking at a likely ten year horizon. Thanks in advance to helping push me off the fence!

Swing away!

I personally would ignore toe hang and focus on which one you can start online and control distance. I could give you different weight putters with the same toe hang and they would perform differently.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I guess I meant to say both fit me well in terms of being able to put the ball online and distance. I haven't been able to note any substantial differences there. In theory the SOFT face tech will help with distance control but I haven't really seen it yet during playing with them at the store. 

Swing away!

I guess I meant to say both fit me well in terms of being able to put the ball online and distance. I haven't been able to note any substantial differences there. In theory the SOFT face tech will help with distance control but I haven't really seen it yet during playing with them at the store. 

If they are equal with regard to performance it becomes personal opinion

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

If they are equal with regard to performance it becomes personal opinion

Or a monetary one.  And if money is no object, buy the cheaper one and send the $120 you saved to me!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have one of the  Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 10.5C Putters and they are sweeter than a ripe watermelon on a hot summer day! 😍

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I would recommend the milled face Mizuno if you want the feedback from the putter head. 

If you prefer the soft insert feel then it is a personal preference. The soft insert masks mishits more than a solid face. 

I would not say distance control is better with the softer face because it is hard to feel the impact as much. Swing consistency is more important than face material for distance control. I would ask what about the Cleveland makes it easier for you to control the distance like weight, shaft, or loft?

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg